New York Senator- Machete possession to result in up to a Year in Jail

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Oh, the nanny state. When will these people just mind their on business and leave everyone alone?

-Geaux
==============

Carrying machete should lead to year in jail Updated: Thursday, February 19 2015, 10:34 AM EST NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York state senator wants machete possession to result in up to a year in jail. Proposed legislation by Queens Democrat Tony Avella is prompted by recent attacks, including last summer's hacking death of a teenager on Long Island. The Daily News says that under current state law, machetes are considered the same as butcher knives. Carrying one could result in up to 15 days in jail and a $300 fine.

Read More at: NY lawmaker Carrying machete should lead to year in jail - WRGB CBS6 - Top Stories

What dya need a machete for in New York? :)

Cutting wood? There's plenty of woodland in NY state, and even if you live in the city itself, you might want to have one for camping trips. It's a useful tool. And in an urban area, not very useful as a weapon, since it's so hard to conceal.

There is a place called "upstate NY" and in this place they have brush, and sapling, and land to be cleared. They also have snakes that need to be killed and a machete is the best way to do that.

Cutting wood? There's plenty of woodland in NY state, and even if you live in the city itself, you might want to have one for camping trips. It's a useful tool. And in an urban area, not very useful as a weapon, since it's so hard to conceal.

Ya don't cut wood with a machete. There's no soft foilage to hack down in the lower-48 as far as I know. While I'd agree of all the things you wanna ban a machete is a bit odd, there's certainly no legit use for them.

There is a place called "upstate NY" and in this place they have brush, and sapling, and land to be cleared. They also have snakes that need to be killed and a machete is the best way to do that.

I've held machetes. I'd rather use a gardening hoe for a snake. If ya miss with the downward stroke of a machete you're now in a very awkward posture perfect to get hit by the snake.

Ya don't cut wood with a machete. There's no soft foilage to hack down in the lower-48 as far as I know. While I'd agree of all the things you wanna ban a machete is a bit odd, there's certainly no legit use for them.

Okay, let's pretend that instead of the general blanket term "wood", I said "saplings and brush". Have you ever tried hacking at a bush with an axe? Machetes are very useful.

Okay, let's pretend that instead of the general blanket term "wood", I said "saplings and brush". Have you ever tried hacking at a bush with an axe? Machetes are very useful.

If you need to hack your way through brush, I dare say you're not gonna opt for the physical exertion using a machete but some kind of vehicle to crash your way through.

This isn't the Amazon jungle :)

Where do you get your ideas?

I use a machete all the time, one is in the rack of my four wheeler for vines, briars and limbs that need to be whacked.

You'll get my machete when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it.

We all know what this is about. This is about removing potential implements for some jihadi to make a locally produced beheading video.

Ban away. :)

If you need to hack your way through brush, I dare say you're not gonna opt for the physical exertion using a machete but some kind of vehicle to crash your way through.

You obviously know nothing about the rural South.

Of course, now that you've banned machetes, there's any number of actual swords and martial arts weapons remaining so dunno how useful this will actually be.

Brilliant! Driving a vehicle into a thicket couldn't possibly go horribly wrong and get you stuckin the middle of the woods, what a great idea! And of course there's the whole problem of trees getting in the way while you're driving through the fucking woods, but hey, it isn't the Amazon! Holy living fuck you're such a genius!

Brilliant! Driving a vehicle into a thicket couldn't possibly go horribly wrong and get you stuckin the middle of the woods, what a great idea! And of course there's the whole problem of trees getting in the way while you're driving through the fucking woods, but hey, it isn't the Amazon! Holy living fuck you're such a genius!
I'd like to toss his ass into a red-haw thicket without a machete, and see if he changed his tune.

He should stick to pervy subjects he knows about.

We used some in boy scouts to clear brush from a trail that was under-used, and the camp wanted to reclaim as a nature trail.

It's a tool, nothing more. You can cause just as much damage with a iron spade.

Forum List

Back