New Tesla model gets crappy rating!

I would consider an EV in the future and the 0 -60 time isn't even on the list of considerations.
By 2025, EV's of comparable quality will cost less than ICE vehicles. The continuing development of better, higher energy density, faster charging, and less costly batteries guarantees that.

By 2025, EV's of comparable quality will cost less than ICE vehicles. The continuing development of better, higher energy density, faster charging, and less costly batteries guarantees that.
Some white bread and mayo goes good with that baloney.....

Some white bread and mayo goes good with that baloney.....
And I bet you are among those that said that Tesla would be broke by now, instead of the most valuable auto manufacturer in the world. Bet you are also another fool that said that wind turbines and solar would never amount to anything. Amazing how the minds of fools cannot visualize anything that is newer than 50 years old.

Already have batteries that do not do that. Do try to keep up, old man.

Nope. Batteries are always capable of exploding. ESPECIALLY Li batteries. Your Tesla that you hope to one day be able to afford (though I

doubt that will ever happen) is filled with thousands of these little devils.

In less than 4 years?

I highly doubt that

You remain such a silly liar. Ford and Tesla have both sold out their EV's well into the future of their production. And the Tesla's have been selling out all their production when they were not getting a subsidy.

They STILL get a subsidy, you tard.

The only trouble with phasing ICE vehicles out is that there's no current viable replacement. Unless you work 9 to 5 in an office job in a warm climate with a driveway, and more money than sense to buy a current EV.

For example, I use a van that contains tools and I often tow an iFor Williams trailer, it weighs 750kg and a gross weight of 3.5t. I sometimes have to collect sand, hardcore, bricks, tubs of mortar, even a mini digger. I often put the sides on to take rubble away. So Mercedes have brought out a new van that should do the job, so I asked them. And no........their vans are not capable of towing. And in the UK, sales of new ICE vehicles ends 2025.
The people who believe electric vehicles should be the only ones available don't know shit about people who work for a living.

support working class.jpg

The marketing strategy of Tesla was smart. Sell to the rich first. Then the suburban families. ect

There will be electric vans that can carry weight and tow trailers. One of the Tesla models already comes with a hitch and can tow up to 5k lbs. Granted, that is not a lot for a work vehicle. But work vehicles are coming.
Not interested. So it looks like you're going to have to use the threat of government violence to get me to buy one.

Leftists, of course, have no problem mandating their wishes.

Democrats love them.
When the Prius was first introduced, Honda released a hybrid Accord at the same time. The Accord had better specs all around. But the Prius outsold it.

Why?

Because the Prius was immediately recognizable. Aside from the badge, the hybrid Accord was indistinguishable from the ICE Accord.

People bought the Prius to look greener-than-thou. Period. If they were interested in using less gas, they'd have bought the Accord.

They STILL get a subsidy, you tard.
For example, US automaker Tesla topped over 200,000 qualified plug-in electrics sold a few years ago, and as a result no longer qualifies for any federal tax credit… at least for now. Fear not, Tesla owners, there are still ways to save money on your EV purchase! See the “tax incentives for Tesla buyers” section below.

Not interested. So it looks like you're going to have to use the threat of government violence to get me to buy one.

Leftists, of course, have no problem mandating their wishes.
Oh my, you are just the center 0f the world. Look, no one gives a didley what you drive. As the price of the EV's reaches parity and below that of an equal quality ICE, people will be buying them because of quality, handling, cost of ownership. And laughing at the dinosaurs paying three times as much to drive their stinking ICE vehicles.

Oh my, you are just the center 0f the world. Look, no one gives a didley what you drive. As the price of the EV's reaches parity and below that of an equal quality ICE, people will be buying them because of quality, handling, cost of ownership. And laughing at the dinosaurs paying three times as much to drive their stinking ICE vehicles.
It's none of your business what I drive.

thisis-wherei-live-ve-been-told-to-take-better-care-46091739.png

Clean your own stinking house.

For example, US automaker Tesla topped over 200,000 qualified plug-in electrics sold a few years ago, and as a result no longer qualifies for any federal tax credit… at least for now. Fear not, Tesla owners, there are still ways to save money on your EV purchase! See the “tax incentives for Tesla buyers” section below.

If you buy an EV you get a tax subsidy, that benefits Tesla indirectly.

Never had a car spontaneously explode. EV's do. ICE cars, don't.

Some pointed out that pretty much any major accident with an EV results in a fire, which is true, but the same is true for a ICE powered vehicle.

I give leeway for accident fires. But spintaneous combustion is purely an EV phenomena.
You extinguish an EV fire with co2 though.

The marketing strategy of Tesla was smart. Sell to the rich first. Then the suburban families. ect

There will be electric vans that can carry weight and tow trailers. One of the Tesla models already comes with a hitch and can tow up to 5k lbs. Granted, that is not a lot for a work vehicle. But work vehicles are coming.
I made a small error, the UK government aren't banning the sale of new ICE vehicles until 2030, I originally said 2025.

So by 2030, I'll be early 60's, my last ICE vehicle will be bought 2029. So hopefully no Scalextric car/van for me.

Forum List

Back