New study confirms democrats crashed the economy DUH...

I like this graph from the article. It's extremely incriminating:

A1BigCRA_121221.png

Typical you ignore the gaping hole in the article and grasp at straws.

Great! Then why don't you take the time to fill that gap here?

That's your job, you post an article that makes claims based in a study that does not exist, it is now up to you to either back up that claim with something or abandon your thread as most of you do when exposed as inept BS artists.

That's your job, you post an article that makes claims based in a study that does not exist, it is now up to you to either back up that claim with something or abandon your thread as most of you do when exposed as inept BS artists.

I already posted a link to the study, moron.

If as that one paragraph claims the CRA program gave the bankers an IDEA of how to cheat the lending market then you should claim that No one should do anything that might give a criminal an idea how to steal something.

Last edited:

That's not a study, it is a claim devoid of data sources or anything resembling a study.

The CRA played a part, as did many other things and many other people.

But this disaster has been decades in the making, putting an inflated lifestyle on credit cards, and those bills are now coming due.

I'm sick of the finger-pointing. This country needs to look in the mirror. For a change.

Add in some greed and some legal, yet unscrupulous business dealing, and I agree.

But this disaster has been decades in the making, putting an inflated lifestyle on credit cards, and those bills are now coming due.

I'm sick of the finger-pointing. This country needs to look in the mirror. For a change.

Bunk.

The Dims are to blame. It doesn't do any good to let the perpetrators off the hook.

Yeah, Skippy....sure, Skippy......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmA4yBSBwOw]FRONTLINE | Preview "Money, Power and Wall Street" | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Clinton's most enduring legacy is actually the destruction of our credit markets, but he will be known 100 years from now as the only elected POTUS to ever had been impeached for being a sexual predator.

Add in some greed and some legal, yet unscrupulous business dealing, and I agree.

Yep, another critical piece of the puzzle.

Produce the entire study for us to examine

I purchased the study and downloaded it. However, it would be a copyright violation for me to post it on this forum. Will you accept that it exist if I send it to you by private message?

http://www.nber.org/2009_redesign/archive.pl

this is the site of the NBER

its the entity the artcle claims as proof.

there is no such study there that I can find

Here it is, turd. It took me about 30 seconds to find it.

Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?

You did not read it. And neither did the Examiner, obviously.

The report does not say the CRA caused the recession.

MAJOR FAIL.

It says the CRA led to increased risky lending.

However, it also says:

This is also the period when private securitization boomed and might therefore reflect an unexplored channel through which this market induced risky lending in the economy.

In other words, there was increased risky lending across the board, and the increased CRA lending may have been just another channel of that trend.

And if you just opened your eyes, this would have been obvious. Look at all the middle class schmucks who bought more house than they could handle, and then took out HELOCs to buy boats and SUVs and take Disney vacations.

Look at all the middle class people whose loans blew up. A middle class schmuck can take on more debt than a low income person. That's why the middle class was the MAIN target, not the lower incomes. Lower income loans were just gravy on the main course.

This was not a CRA-driven phenomenon. This was driven by the mistaken belief on the part of the financial sector around the world that risk had magically been eliminated through the use of complex derivatives.

As I said above, this was a global derivatives bubble. Ireland blew up. Iceland blew up. Portugal blew up. Spain blew up. Greece blew up. England blew up.

Last edited:

That's not a study, it is a claim devoid of data sources or anything resembling a study.

wrong. It's a synopsis of the study and a place to purchase it. I have purchased and downloaded it. will you accept that it exists if I send it to you by private message?

New study confirms democrats crashed the economy DUH...​

By: ROBERT MOON
12/21/2012

A new study from the widely respected National Bureau of Economic Research released this week has confirmed beyond question that the left's race-baiting attacks on the housing market (the Community Reinvestment Act

-President Bush went to Congress repeatedly for years warning them that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were going to destroy the economy (17 times in 2008 alone). Democrats continuously ignored him, shut down his proposals along party lines and continued raiding the institutions for campaign contributions on their way down.

-No one was making bad loans to unqualified people until Democrats came along and threatened to drag banks into court and have them fined and branded as racists if they didn't go along with the left's Affirmative Action lending policies...all while federally insuring their losses. Even the New York Times warned in the late 1990s that Democrats continuing to force banks into lowering their standards would lead to this exact catastrophe.​

(Excerpt)

Read more:
New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Consider the source...DUH.

Bear Stearns, not subject to the CRA.

Lehman Brothers, not subject to the CRA.

AIG, not subject to the CRA.

Royal Bank of Scotland, not subject to the CRA.

Allied Irish Bank, not subject to the CRA.

If this was just about bad mortgages, the crisis would not have been anywhere near as bad.

But greedy people have been around since.... forever.

Only one person used the power of our Federal government to force the separation of mortgage lending from credit worthiness and ability to repay.

Once the genie was out of the bottle, it was hogs to the trough.

2-14.jpg

Forum List

Back