New Order song "Blue Monday," in new Wonder Woman 1984 trailer...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Saw the new Wonder Woman Trailer and they used "Blue Monday," for the music.......I looked them up on youtube and was amazed at how clean cut their presentation was on this show.....

Is this song associated with the 1980s the way White Rabbit is associated with the 1960s?

Great song....so many different ways it has been covered....used it in Atomic Blonde to great effect too....the version by the band Orgy was really good too...

The Orgy version was better...

Yeah....I like both but it is a little better.......it is funny when a cover version of a song is better than the original....I like the Pointer Sisters version of the Bruce Springsteen song "I'm on Fire."

The Orgy version was better...

Yeah....I like both but it is a little better.......it is funny when a cover version of a song is better than the original....I like the Pointer Sisters version of the Bruce Springsteen song "I'm on Fire."
Lots of people cry “heresy!”; but I find many covers better than the originals... “Bad Company” by FFDP is one that comes to mind. And two, better than the original, versions of Bowie’s “The Man Who Sold The World”...

Saw the new Wonder Woman Trailer and they used "Blue Monday," for the music.......I looked them up on youtube and was amazed at how clean cut their presentation was on this show.....

Is this song associated with the 1980s the way White Rabbit is associated with the 1960s?

Great song....so many different ways it has been covered....used it in Atomic Blonde to great effect too....the version by the band Orgy was really good too...

Is that a german band?

Is that a german band?

Nope, although you can see the influence of Kraftwerk.

They are a British band, originally known as Joy Division. When the lead singer committed suicide they changed the name, and carried on with another member taking over the vocals.

Forum List

Back