New Moderation Message for Race/Racism Forum

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Be sure to read the new "sticky" Moderation Note at the top of this forum. It's not a change in the rules, but an explanation of how they are enforced. And a statement that we are gonna require "a bit more effort" in any short one or two line replies where the only "topical content" is Racial Stereotyping" or racist memes.

Quick Link, ---------------->> Race Relations Forum -- "Content" Rule Clarification.

I'll leave this open today for comments/questions. Keep it on the topic and unpersonal.

Does this mean open attacks on white people will no longer be ignored?

It's all about the Topic. If the Topic passes the rules test -- that's what gets discussed. We're just stating that RANDOM -- unconnected to the topic, attacks with no respect to that SPECIFIC topic ---- are not "topical content".

You can add attacks IF you're addressing the topic in a "considered" manner and moving the topical discussion forward with the post.

It's all about the Topic. If the Topic passes the rules test -- that's what gets discussed. We're just stating that RANDOM -- unconnected to the topic, attacks with no respect to that SPECIFIC topic ---- are not "topical content".

You can add attacks IF you're addressing the topic in a "considered" manner and moving the topical discussion forward with the post.
So if my first sentence is directed at topic and my second is snark it's legal?

Would suggesting that the white supremicists, BLM, la Raza members and antifa be put on bear infested Aleutians pass muster?

So if my first sentence is directed at topic and my second is snark it's legal?

If the content honestly moves the topic forward -- sure. But repeating something you've tossed before or "intentionally low effort" just to satisfy the rule MAY still get you in trouble if your main intent was to post the smear..

Would suggesting that the white supremicists, BLM, la Raza members and antifa be put on bear infested Aleutians pass muster?
It's pretty well known the board bends over backwards to allow attacks on white Christians. Attacks on islamics are often rule racist. What race is Islam?

That's another forum. Christian bashing, Muslim bashing is almost NEVER the topic in Race/Racism. And shouldn't be. BUT -- the rules are the same there. We're clarifying it HERE -- because there's been constant abuse of the "content" rule here.

If the content honestly moves the topic forward -- sure. But repeating something you've tossed before or "intentionally low effort" just to satisfy the rule MAY still get you in trouble if your main intent was to post the smear..
So, we have to be extremely careful that our post contains content relevant to the topic, before adding any harmless little attack, AND, we can't even imply that the poster we are answering gives way too much loving attention to his miniature horse?

Sheeesh. Our hands are tied. Where do the restrictions end?

:lol:

Forum List

Back