New Map Shows Earthquake Prone Places Across U.S.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
national-map.jpg

My first reaction when coming across this was, “It's all due to man-made Climate change.” And then, I asked myself, :Why the instant sarcasm?”

I guess it comes down to spending too much time on discussion forums where such things always pop up by the same posters. So now, I'm wondering which one will blame this map on Mankind.

Read the story @ New Map Shows Earthquake Prone Places Across U.S. - TIME

Oops! It's right in the report! Of course, a government agency has to blame the increase on fracking. Why am I not surprised? :eusa_whistle:

Me neither.. Not shocked. But then you ponder why the fracking in Pennsylvania has not made a dent in this terror imagery you got from them..

Not a great idea to be doing major waste water injection into faultlines.. Build a pipeline, take it 20 miles away if you gotz to frack.. Beyond that.. Nature is always trying to kill you somehow.. So buck up.

Frack caused earthquakes could actually be beneficial. If you can initiate enough of them you can lower the intensity of the larger, more damaging quakes. That being said, the map looks remarkably similar to maps that were produced 35 years ago!:lol:

While that is pretty neat to look at there are many more scary things to worry about over the AGW religious dogma..

The Yellowstone Caldera is the volcanic caldera and supervolcano located in Yellowstone National Park in the United States, sometimes referred to as the Yellowstone Supervolcano.

Yellowstone Caldera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a few billion years eventually our sun will burn out!

Even more scary is eventually the Milky Way galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy will collide.

Even more scary than that is the gamma rays from a super nova..

All very more real scary things to worry about than AGW..

Again neat picture and goes to show that the East cost is not prepared for any major quake, especially the New York City area.

Frack caused earthquakes could actually be beneficial. If you can initiate enough of them you can lower the intensity of the larger, more damaging quakes. That being said, the map looks remarkably similar to maps that were produced 35 years ago!:lol:

Guess you never saw that Bond movie where the bad guys were lubricating the San Andreas Fault in order to take out Silicon Valley.. Had to be Bond as the hero, all our secret agents were out to lunch or something.

Guess you never saw that Bond movie where the bad guys were lubricating the San Andreas Fault in order to take out Silicon Valley.. Had to be Bond as the hero, all our secret agents were out to lunch or something.

Dude! I was working the with the USGS on a paper investigating the possibility of lubricating the San Andreas to reduce quake damage! When that movie came out we about fell over! That was the one with Tanya Roberts IIRC.

I guess it comes down to spending too much time on discussion forums where such things always pop up by the same posters.

Yes, the deniers here are always claiming everything is because of global warming. It's one of their more tiresome lies, but I guess if all the data keeps contradicting you, making crap up is the only tactic you have left.

I guess it comes down to spending too much time on discussion forums where such things always pop up by the same posters.

Yes, the deniers here are always claiming everything is because of global warming. It's one of their more tiresome lies, but I guess if all the data keeps contradicting you, making crap up is the only tactic you have left.

:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol: Ummmm, that's your particular propaganda method there....admiral! Hell you all even claim that global warming will lead to more prostitution!:lol:

Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

Read more: Dem resolution warns climate change could push women to ?transactional sex? | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Are the world's climate scientists relying on the opinions of Representative Barbara Lee (D, California) before forming their opinions on AGW?

No?

Than of what relevance is your point?

None?

What an incredible surprise.

Forum List

Back