New KA-Bar Shorty.

Nice. KA-BAR is my favorite all-purpose fighting knife. I was at the gun show, here this weekend. Standard KA-BARs were going for $95.00. I have never seen them that high before. I remember buying them for $45.
That is a nice one. Is it smaller than a standard size?
Yeah, the standard size has a 7" blade, this one has a 5 1/2" blade and is lighter. You can get the standard size on Amazon for $87 and up, the KA-Bar online store wants much more. I ended up getting this one for around $30, half off.

Nice. KA-BAR is my favorite all-purpose fighting knife. I was at the gun show, here this weekend. Standard KA-BARs were going for $95.00. I have never seen them that high before. I remember buying them for $45.
That is a nice one. Is it smaller than a standard size?
I bought mine, a tanto like the one pictured in post #14, but full-size, for $95 about 2 years back.

I’m glad you have the real thing
There are fake ones made in China, just have to be careful when ordering for sites like Ebay or Amazon. That doesn't mean there aren't some Chinese made blades that are high quality. S.O.G. has some very highly rated, very well made knives/hatchets and they're made in China. Some like Cold Steel are manufactured in multiple countries depending on which knife it is.

I bought mine, a tanto like the one pictured in post #14, but full-size, for $95 about 2 years back.
Had not looked late, or I guess in quite a while, I remember prior to military retirement in 97, being able to pick up new at flea market for $45-$50. Makes me feel old.

I have a Viernam bringback USMC Kbar. Also a WW2 Sykes Fairborn, used by an operative.

I make knives, can have anything within reason. Favorite? JP Peltonens "Sissy Puukko" Now sissy ain't sissy, these are special forces. He designed it for Finish or Swedish I forget, the other adopted it. It's one fine knife, retention, ID plate, stone attached, very nice sheath. A writer for "Tac knife" contracted me to make him a Puukko. I did, he told me about JP and sent the mag with the article he wrote. He got me in touch and JP sent me my knife and a note "hope you enjoy my knife" I do.

Good price here.

Since I bought the little brother figured I needed the big brother (which I've always wanted), found one at a great price shipped. It arrived today.

USMC Ka-Bar 1.jpg

USMC Ka-Bar 2.jpg

Fits my hand perfectly. :thup:

Here they are together.

Ka-Bar both.jpg

I wrapped the shorty's handle in paracord, fits my hand almost as well as the full sized one. I am considering a matching kydex sheath for big brother.

I really like the look of that knife. Is there a name or model number on it?
Hopefully Mud knows, the KATZ ones I found online that closely matched are all discontinued. If you can't find it Cold Steel makes similar knives with both drop point and tanto point.

Forum List

Back