New Jerusalem highway to cut Arab neighborhood in half

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Construction of highway through Beit Safafa is based on plans drawn up 22 years ago, although no detailed plan for the road was submitted and no permits for the bridges above it were issued, according to municipal officials.
The Jerusalem municipality is constructing a highway running through the Arab neighborhood of Beit Safafa, cutting the pastoral area in the south of the city into two.
New Jerusalem highway to cut Arab neighborhood in half Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

Beit Safafa to be sliced by settler only highway
20130316054715.jpg

“No, no Route 4!” a young Palestinian boy yelled out in Arabic.

His cries are directed towards the white washed Jerusalem stone walls and heavily tinted windows of the Jerusalem Municipality. He is speaking about Route 4, a controversial, illegal settler-only road that upon construction will slice directly through the predominantly Palestinian Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Safafa, dividing the community in half.

Wednesday’s protest at the Jerusalem Municipality has legally bypassed the typical procedures that require public inclusion on the plan, making it impossible for Beit Safafa’s many affected residents to formally object to the plan. So in addition to protesting in Beit Safafa, demonstrators also gather weekly in front of the municipality, voicing their opposition in alternating Hebrew and Arabic in one last effort to be informally, if not formally heard.

Construction of highway through Beit Safafa is based on plans drawn up 22 years ago, although no detailed plan for the road was submitted and no permits for the bridges above it were issued, according to municipal officials.
The Jerusalem municipality is constructing a highway running through the Arab neighborhood of Beit Safafa, cutting the pastoral area in the south of the city into two.
New Jerusalem highway to cut Arab neighborhood in half Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

20130316054715.jpg

His cries are directed towards the white washed Jerusalem stone walls and heavily tinted windows of the Jerusalem Municipality. He is speaking about Route 4, a controversial, illegal settler-only road that upon construction will slice directly through the predominantly Palestinian Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Safafa, dividing the community in half.

Wednesday’s protest at the Jerusalem Municipality has legally bypassed the typical procedures that require public inclusion on the plan, making it impossible for Beit Safafa’s many affected residents to formally object to the plan. So in addition to protesting in Beit Safafa, demonstrators also gather weekly in front of the municipality, voicing their opposition in alternating Hebrew and Arabic in one last effort to be informally, if not formally heard.
I can't understand why the Palestinians would object to a road that would give them the opportunity to sling rocks at a plethora of Israeli cars. Puzzling, that.

A simplr-minded fascist attempt at a slow ethnic cleansing...It really is ironic and telling how the victims of WWll feel and behave.

A simplr-minded fascist attempt at a slow ethnic cleansing...It really is ironic and telling how the victims of WWll feel and behave.
I wonder how come Phillip, when he had the chance on a ME board, never brought up the ethnic cleansing of the Christian Copts in Egypt. No Jews were involved in this, Phillip, so you figured you had better stick to your "donut" shtick?

20130316054715.jpg

I can't understand why the Palestinians would object to a road that would give them the opportunity to sling rocks at a plethora of Israeli cars. Puzzling, that.

How about a serious response? Do you think this is right? Comeon Hossfly...sometimes, Israel is wrong.

how does a highway cut a neighborhood in half-----are arabs unable to
CROSS THE STREET? Jerualem is a city----you got to cross streets al
the time maybe that would feel better if there were foot bridges over
the highway

I wonder how come Phillip, when he had the chance on a ME board, never brought up the ethnic cleansing of the Christian Copts in Egypt. No Jews were involved in this, Phillip, so you figured you had better stick to your "donut" shtick?

Never a real answer from this dumb Hick...

But, I'll answer...Hosshiite, I'm an American Firster...I could care less about other conflicts in the world...America is heavily bleeding because Israeli Actions in the ME...I want peace between Israel and Palestine to help stop our bleeding of men and money...The attrocities committed by Israel and the Palestinian have helped bring terrorism to America...

If I had it my way, America should become neutral rather than bleeding for Israeli land-grabbing!

Never a real answer from this dumb Hick...

But, I'll answer...Hosshiite, I'm an American Firster...I could care less about other conflicts in the world...America is heavily bleeding because Israeli Actions in the ME...I want peace between Israel and Palestine to help stop our bleeding of men and money...The attrocities committed by Israel and the Palestinian have helped bring terrorism to America...

If I had it my way, America should become neutral rather than bleeding for Israeli land-grabbing!

Who the fuck asked you for your opinion Pbel ??

Go stand in a corner with Tinnie

Oh, and how does this make you feel ?

Americans' Sympathies for Israel At All-Time High - News from America - News - Israel National News

I can understand that a person so depraved as is peeballs---would
not give a damn about the sufferings of poeple like the copts of
Egypt----but I am a bit surprised that the chunk of depraved shit
ADMITTED IT

there are over pass foot bridges and under passes planned for the
new highway and SOMEHOW---using them is being called
"arduous by the islamo nazi propagandaists
gee ---when I was a kid----underpass
tunnels and over pass foot bridges kinda EXCITED me.
I loved them ----imagine a poor suffering muslim child
will have to use an overpass bridge to cross a street---
THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

They could have easily gone around the village...it's to disect a civilian population in bacustans to erase their idenity and culture, and make life miserable for them until they leave.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

They could have easily gone around the village...it's to disect a civilian population in bacustans to erase their idenity and culture, and make life miserable for them until they leave.

I think it's more likely a combination of reasons - one of which is the same reason similar highways are built in the US that bisect poor, usually minority neighborhoods. The people that live there don't have big money or a big political voice to preserve their neighborhood integrity and that is exactly what happens with these sorts of things. The neighborhoods are destroyed, property values plumimit and, one can always hope (sarcasm here) that the annoying Pali's will leave. Of course, it's a settler only highway isn't it? The Palestinians can't use it and they have no political rights to fight it. None.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

Think about it seriously.

These things destroy neighborhoods. They bissect them, bring in heavy traffic and noise, and by dividing neighborhoods in this way you destroy their integrity and connections. It's happened in the US. Frankly - no amount of underpass' and foot bridges will change the fact that a huge noisy apartheid highway is going to cut right through their neighborhood and destroy it.

Would YOU like that right next to your house so that if you wanted to visit your best friend or go to work or to the grocery store you would now have go a convoluted route? Do you really hate them so much you can't see what that does to neighborhoods?:cuckoo:

ADMITTED IT

I can't understand why you seem incapable of staying remotely on topic but instead must bring in non-I/P issues in an attempt to divert the topic. Let's give it a try shall we? The topic is a highway in a Palestinian neighborhood.

ADMITTED IT

I can't understand why you seem incapable of staying remotely on topic but instead must bring in non-I/P issues in an attempt to divert the topic. Let's give it a try shall we? The topic is a highway in a Palestinian neighborhood.

is sherri sick?

Forum List

Back