watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
New industrial revolution on the horizon---

Worth billion$$$$$$ in capital flow.
Worth multiple millions in good paying jobs
.,.,.,.,.,.,…
you fill in the blank

Today there are over 8,283 million used cars and trucks in the streets of American today, in the year 2022ad; that are in good working order.
USA used cars
1646169025272.png

Used car- $4,999 1/1/2022

1646169042164.png

Used car- $3,999
There are many countries around this planet that its citizens could use a used car at a reasonable price.

While Americans shift to EV's

Know any investors by chance-?
Cubans in Cuba have been using used cars for generations.
:)-

Last edited:
I lived in Japan in the '90s. They have a very interesting law there called "Shaken".

In essence, every new passenger vehicle needs a stringent inspection 3 years after manufacture. The inspection itself will cost almost $1,000 and no car will pass without spending hundreds to thousands in upgrades.

The upshot is, people tend to trade in their cars after three years and buy new (it's actually cheaper). So, in the '90s Japan was flooded with used cars selling for practically nothing.

Pacific Island countries, like Guam and Fiji, had been buying them for year but, when The Soviet Union collapsed, the Russians filled transport ships full of Japanese used cars and sold them in Russia for an significant margin.

No fucken way I'm giving up my truck when buying a new one will cost you an arm and a leg assuming you can find one.
The Toyota dealer is constantly trying to buy my 2016 Tundra and the Wifes 2020 Tacoma.
I just laugh at em.
My Tundra only has 11,600 miles on it so it's basically brand new and they offered me 20k :laughing0301:

277A0DDD-3203-425B-892C-CAC22C87F170.jpeg

As an American citizen I would favor government subsidies to offset the perceived loss in return for a great renewable return.
:)-

Forum List

Back