New fridge is bigger than i expected

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20220122_125807.jpg

Had to rip out the top cabinet to get it in.
Next up a new stove and then cabinets and FINALLY new floors.
Been wanting new floors for years but bamboo is expensive and I'm not doing all that work in the kitchen after new floors.
May also reverse the stairs to the basement so I can alter the footprint of the kitchen and recess the fridge into the wall. Not sure on that yet though

View attachment 591504

Been wanting new floors for years but bamboo is expensive and I'm not doing all that work in the kitchen after new floors.
May also reverse the stairs to the basement so I can alter the footprint of the kitchen and recess the fridge into the wall. Not sure on that yet though

LOL....That reminds me of getting a new fridge a few years ago.
It's a built in 48 inch wide GE Profile...or so I thought. Not sure how I got 48 inch wide in my head and thats after I measured it.
They were on the way with the new unit when I decided to measure again.....Doh!!!! I needed a 42 in model!!!
The thing that pissed me of the most was I spent my life measuring stuff as a machinist....and of course telling them I fucked up and I needed a 42,how fucking embarrassing!!!
I ended up telling em to charge me for a 48 and bring me back a 42. I figured it was the least I could do.
I will say this....I'll never have another built in fridge again.
The fucken thing thing cost me $9000 bucks without install!!! Had I not fucked up it would have ran me $8500.

GE Profile™ Series 42" Built-In Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser|^|PSB42YSKSS

It's a built in 48 inch wide GE Profile...or so I thought. Not sure how I got 48 inch wide in my head and thats after I measured it.
They were on the way with the new unit when I decided to measure again.....Doh!!!! I needed a 42 in model!!!
The thing that pissed me of the most was I spent my life measuring stuff as a machinist....and of course telling them I fucked up and I needed a 42,how fucking embarrassing!!!
I ended up telling em to charge me for a 48 and bring me back a 42. I figured it was the least I could do.
The fucken thing thing cost me $9000 bucks without install!!! Had I not fucked up it would have ran me $8500.

GE Profile™ Series 42" Built-In Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser|^|PSB42YSKSS
When I bought mine when we bought this house, I got one too tall for the slot. Oh well, I just put it on the other wall and ignore people who ask, "Doesn't the fridge go in there?"

I can relate, LOL. Measure twice, cut once.

When I bought mine when we bought this house, I got one too tall for the slot. Oh well, I just put it on the other wall and ignore people who ask, "Doesn't the fridge go in there?"

Didnt have that option unfortunately.
The kitchen has cabinets throughout so we didnt have a choice.
If someone would have told me 20 years ago I was going to pay $9000 bucks for a refrigerator I would have laughed in their face.
I'm ready for a 2500 square foot barndominium with a 5k square foot shop thats easy to maintain with stained concrete floors.

Strange...I thought there were no fridges available anywhere and that the world was about to end.

5 days ago:

Been shopping online for the last 2 hours looking for a new refrigerator. Best Buy, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc

Almost EVERY SINGLE FRIDGE is either out of stock, back ordered or unavailable. Most of them state that availability will be the end of Feb or mid March. WTF!

I will be so glad when this nonsense comes to an end.

That being said...new fridge looks good.

View attachment 591504

Nice looking fridge by the way.

Strange...I thought there were no fridges available anywhere and that the world was about to end.

5 days ago:

Some things are still in stock from before the shortage started.
I tried to order a nice waffle iron two months ago and they said it would be available in mid December.....no joy and here we are in late January.
It was a $300 dollar commercial grade unit from Katom,a big supplier of restaurant equipment.

Haha... I can relate also, I have done that very thing myself. Measure something, and the time it takes to lay the tape measure down, I write down the wrong number. Especially when putting in flooring, you measure 100 times.

5 days ago:

The fridges I wanted were out of stock as were 90% of all of the fridges. I keep looking until I found one I could be happy with. That cost more. And even it had a wait but thankfully it wasn't MONTHS like most of the others

New Topics

Forum List

Back