New evidence shows T-Rex walked slow

You could out walk one !!
Well depending on age and health

40 feet tall and 1,500 ibs ..scary

I don't buy it. Nature has never created a slow walking carnivore.

What did Rex do, yell after prey to come back as it waddled and lumbered for food?
turtles and sloths

What did Rex do, yell after prey to come back as it waddled and lumbered for food?
turtles and sloths

Turtles are usually not carnivores. They mostly eat aquatic plants and swim in the ocean where they can move freely.

Sloths live in trees hanging upside down eating cecropia leaves.

turtles and sloths

Turtles are usually not carnivores. They mostly eat aquatic plants and swim in the ocean where they can move freely.

Sloths live in trees hanging upside down eating cecropia leaves.
10-20% of a turtles diet is plants. Most species are considered carnivores.
I was wrong about sloths but i did think of one to take its place. Venus Fly traps! :lol:

A turtle's diet varies greatly depending on the environment in which it lives. Adult turtles typically eat aquatic plants, invertebrates such as insects, snails, and worms, and have been reported to occasionally eat dead marine animals. Several small freshwater species are carnivorous, eating small fish and a wide range of aquatic life. However, protein is essential to turtle growth and juvenile turtles are purely carnivorous.

Sea turtles typically feed on jellyfish, sponges, and other soft-bodied organisms. Some species with stronger jaws have been observed to eat shellfish, while others, such as the green sea turtle, do not eat meat at all and, instead, have a diet largely made up of algae.

Again, in the water, a turtle can no longer be consider "slow."

Well, it is possible the animals they preyed on could have moved just as slow. Especially if they were wading in swamp mud.

A turtle's diet varies greatly depending on the environment in which it lives. Adult turtles typically eat aquatic plants, invertebrates such as insects, snails, and worms, and have been reported to occasionally eat dead marine animals. Several small freshwater species are carnivorous, eating small fish and a wide range of aquatic life. However, protein is essential to turtle growth and juvenile turtles are purely carnivorous.

Sea turtles typically feed on jellyfish, sponges, and other soft-bodied organisms. Some species with stronger jaws have been observed to eat shellfish, while others, such as the green sea turtle, do not eat meat at all and, instead, have a diet largely made up of algae.

Again, in the water, a turtle can no longer be consider "slow."
I have a yellow belly slider and she is very much a carnivore. And happy.
What about the venus fly trap? :D

This is such a silly headline almost all animals walk slow. When you got it’s attention it might have moved much faster unless it was a carrion eater then it doesn’t matter but chances are it wasn’t...By the way contrary to popular belief turtles can move extremely quickly for short bursts if they need to or want to...

Well, it is possible the animals they preyed on could have moved just as slow. Especially if they were wading in swamp mud.
Correct, the food they hunted was far slower than they.

Mostly they fed on Progressives.

They haven't evolved much since then have they?

What would the T Rex chase? The Brontosaurus did not seem like a quick dinosaur. The T Rex didn't have to walk...it strutted.

Why would they ??
They were perfect
If not for that Comet ..they would still be ruling the land !!
I wish I had a time machine and a super fast truck to watch them

Why would they ??
They were perfect
If not for that Comet ..they would still be ruling the land !!
I wish I had a time machine and a super fast truck to watch them

When I said they havent evolved much, I was talking about the progressives... a super fast truck might still be nice though

Forum List

Back