New Corona Variant, that might be very dangerous, spreads in South Africa

This is starting to be the “any day now” that was so useless for years as to Trump

U.S. to restrict travel from South Africa, 7 other countries as new Covid variant emerges

From the article:

• The United States will restrict travel for non-U.S. citizens from South Africa and seven other countries starting on Monday as a new Covid variant emerges.
  • President Joe Biden was briefed on Friday by White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci. The briefing came as other nations announced travel restrictions on southern Africa.
  • In addition to South Africa, the affected countries are Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

OP Comment(s):

Whoa there Joey Biden, sounds like a racist policy you done come up with, pal. Think of all the poor Africans you're about to discriminate against. Maybe we'll a have to start a callin' you Trump Lite. Like, you know, diet Trump? What a crock. Someone, anyone, please pass the jelly . . .

U.S. to restrict travel from South Africa, 7 other countries as new Covid variant emerges

From the article:

• The United States will restrict travel for non-U.S. citizens from South Africa and seven other countries starting on Monday as a new Covid variant emerges.
  • President Joe Biden was briefed on Friday by White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci. The briefing came as other nations announced travel restrictions on southern Africa.
  • In addition to South Africa, the affected countries are Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.

OP Comment(s):

Whoa there Joey Biden, sounds like a racist policy you done come up with, pal. Think of all the poor Africans you're about to discriminate against. Maybe we'll a have to start a callin' you Trump Lite. Like, you know, diet Trump? What a crock. Someone, anyone, please pass the jelly . . .
Racist, racist, racist policy by racists. Where is the MSM uproar. This cannot go unchallenged. The racist democrats restricting travel by black people. Are they somehow more dangerous than muslims or Chinese? Hypocritical lying MSM.

A new Covid variant has appeared in South Africa.

This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning. Preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant, as compared to other VOCs. The number of cases of this variant appears to be increasing in almost all provinces in South Africa. Current SARS-CoV-2 PCR diagnostics continue to detect this variant. Several labs have indicated that for one widely used PCR test, one of the three target genes is not detected (called S gene dropout or S gene target failure) and this test can therefore be used as marker for this variant, pending sequencing confirmation. Using this approach, this variant has been detected at faster rates than previous surges in infection, suggesting that this variant may have a growth advantage.

This news has disrupted the stock market and airlines.

Announcement of new virus variant alarms world, as stocks crash and flights are banned

President Biden is taking precautionary measures:

Senior Biden administration officials announced Friday that starting Monday, travel to the United States will be restricted from South Africa and seven other countries — Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The new policy, which does not affect U.S. citizens and permanent residents, was enacted “out of an abundance of caution,” officials said, as public health officials work to learn more about the new variant.

<snip>

Still, major questions remain about the variant’s transmissibility, whether it might make people sicker and whether it might be able to evade vaccines or therapeutics.

The omicron variant was first detected in Botswana, but scientists in South Africa convened a news conference Thursday and said they had linked it to an exponential rise of infections in their country. Cases have also been identified in Hong Kong and Belgium, Israel and other countries.

Last edited:

From the article:

OP Comment(s):

All I hear about is how fast this "variation" spreads. Nothing about how SEVERE it is. Okay, if it spreads like wildfire but is a cold....so what?

Why does no one ask these questions but just panics?

/nevermind, too late to ask reasonable questions I guess

Hopefully the new mutation will be contained. As early reports say it mutates like crazy.

Our world is currently screwed because we locked it down and rushed BS experimental vaccines.

Not to mention that they were doing bio germ warfare experiments in Wuhan.

All I hear about is how fast this "variation" spreads. Nothing about how SEVERE it is. Okay, if it spreads like wildfire but is a cold....so what?

Why does no one ask these questions but just panics?

/nevermind, too late to ask reasonable questions I guess
It’s ALWAYS worse case scenario becoming most likely, Hiding from the air and our shadows, The most admired Americans by the left are the most frightened.

Oh looky here from Botswana. All four cases found there on Nov 22 were in the FULLY VACCINATED. So, the vaccines don't work and the Powers That Be need a convenient cover. Right

The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it. Despite all proper precautions I got it and it was very mild, especially after taking monoclonal antibodies. Before the vaccine, my doctors told me that I best be careful because I would almost certainly die of COVID because of other health issues. I didn't leave my house for months after our employer sent us home to work.

Before the vaccines, it killed a coworker's wife, put him in the hospital for weeks, and off work for a few months.

My wife was vaccinated and of course caught it from me. She missed one day of work, and that was to get her infusion of monoclonal antibodies. She also works from home for the last 9 months of 2020 and all of 2021 so far. The chances of her going back to work in her building are zero.

Forum List

Back