New AFL-CIO President: unions will pull financial support & even undertake primary challenges to Dems who don't back Trumka PRO Act or end filibuster!

Ms. Schuler is bluffing. Big Labor will back the D's regardless of what they do on this.

BTW, they aren't going to pass this crap.

Back in 2007 and 2008, the D's in Congress passed labor law "reform" numerous times and easily. Very similar to the "pro act".

But they were confident that Dubya would veto it, and he did.

After B. Hussein O seized power in January 2009, they could never get it to his desk, even with a super majority in the Senate.

They know actually turning over the country to the La Cosa Nostra won't be nearly as popular if it actually occurs.

Ms. Schuler is bluffing. Big Labor will back the D's regardless of what they do on this.

BTW, they aren't going to pass this crap.

Back in 2007 and 2008, the D's in Congress passed labor law "reform" numerous times and easily. Very similar to the "pro act".

But they were confident that Dubya would veto it, and he did.

After B. Hussein O seized power in January 2009, they could never get it to his desk, even with a super majority in the Senate.

They know actually turning over the country to the La Cosa Nostra won't be nearly as popular if it actually occurs.

Yeh, maybe, but this Democrat Party is so much further to the left then back then.

the GOP should just lay back and let the Dems self-immolate (figuratively)

Manchin is helping the corporate controlled moderate Democrats return to their preferred status.

As the "powerless" minority, the corporate controlled moderate Democrats can quit pretending to serve their constituents, and go back to openly kissing the a$$es of the billionaires and corporate leaders.

All will be well in the predatory, free market capitalism of America. (Until China interrupts the shipping of the many, many U.S. products made there.)

"Making it easier for workers to organize" translates to making it harder for workers to be independent of unions. Even democrats don't trust legendary crooked unions.

the GOP should just lay back and let the Dems self-immolate (figuratively)

I was a past member of the United Food and Commercial Workers, briefly working in the mid 1980's in a UFCW controlled grocery store.

The union already had control of the store before I got there, and because I lived in a Compulsory Unionism State, I was required to pay dues and initiation.

It was tough getting a job during the 1980's in the greater Youngstown area, so I took the job.

The minimum wage at that point in time was $3.35, the union negotiated wage that I was paid was $3.50.

After subtracting the dues I would have been better off working somewhere else.

The idea that Unions bring big money to their members? Total fallacy. I made more after I quit.

I was a past member of the United Food and Commercial Workers, briefly working in the mid 1980's in a UFCW controlled grocery store.

The union already had control of the store before I got there, and because I lived in a Compulsory Unionism State, I was required to pay dues and initiation.

It was tough getting a job during the 1980's in the greater Youngstown area, so I took the job.

The minimum wage at that point in time was $3.35, the union negotiated wage that I was paid was $3.50.

After subtracting the dues I would have been better off working somewhere else.

The idea that Unions bring big money to their members? Total fallacy. I made more after I quit.

Why do you lie or is your memory failing?

At the exact same time, I worked a grocery store in Georgia, with the same union. Minimum wage was $3.35, in 1981, but I made nearly $5 an hour. All I did was bag groceries.

Forum List

Back