Netherlands: Close all mosques and ban the koran

I don't agree with you, or anyone else, bandying medical terms around, as if you are an expert.

And why on earth would you think I am a German?

:spinner:

Come on, I just told you it was my amateur opinion

I remember you telling the sewer you were a German expat, living in the UK. But maybe I'm wrong and it was somebody else. Doesn't really matter, you know exactly what the reference is, you're just trolling now

And see, I'm actually being quite nice to you

:banana:

Yes you are wrong. I never said such a thing. If you can't get an accurate handle on things, how are you able to deliver reasonable commentary.

And I'm not understanding what your 'reference' is. I should hope it's not what I think it might be.

And I am not trolling.

This is not the Badlands.

I don't know much about Gert Wilders, and have never paid much attention to him. So I looked him up on the BBC's profile of him.

A controversial character no doubt, but the piece ended with this:

"However, acquitting Mr Wilders of all charges on 23 June 2011, Judge Marcel van Oosten said: "The bench finds that your statements are acceptable within the context of the public debate." "

And that's the point, I suppose. 'Within' the context of public debate. After all, look at some of the threads on this place. The mods have a difficult job.

I don't know much about Gert Wilders, and have never paid much attention to him. So I looked him up on the BBC's profile of him.

"However, acquitting Mr Wilders of all charges on 23 June 2011, Judge Marcel van Oosten said: "The bench finds that your statements are acceptable within the context of the public debate." "

And that's the point, I suppose. 'Within' the context of public debate. After all, look at some of the threads on this place. The mods have a difficult job.

Since I actually live in Holland and you don't, don't you think I might have a more informed opinion on Wilders than you (and the BBC profile)?

Oh, and insane isn't the same as stupid. Wilders is a smart guy who knows exactly how far he can go with his racist statements so acquitting Wilders of charges doesn't mean he isn't an exterme nutcase

Besides, Geert travelling to the US to show his support for Trump and his muslim ideas should be enough to condemn him

:alcoholic:

Jantje; with all due respect, I don't think anyone can go around brandishing people with broad brush strokes such as 'he's a nutcase'.

Based on views and opinions one doesn't like.

Sure I can, especially when the evidence is overwhelming

Freedom of religion is in our constitution too, banning the Koran and closing all mosques is just as insane as banning bibles and closing all churches

I could agree with banning all funding from Saudi Arabia for islamic schools and mosques since the wahhabi idology creates jihadis. I agree with taking away Dutch passports from those who travel to Syria to join their ISIS friends and locking up those who have already returned but demonizing an entire religion to make Holland great again is insane (and you should know what the consequences of such an ideology are)

I must say that the banning of "everything" syndrome is frankly wrong. However, there are instances where Mosques are used as covers for murdering terrorist scum and not just in Europe. The Hamas filth also use Mosques as dens of death. My approach would be simple; those Mosques that co-operate with isolating and catching terrorist scum should be allowed to stay; others should be hounded into compliance with those covering for terrorists being jailed or considered terrorists themselves.

Oh: and since when was Holland ever "great"...it's always been a refuge for swamp krauts. Love the tulips though. Even if they are Turkish.

Greg

Since I actually live in Holland and you don't, don't you think I might have a more informed opinion on Wilders than you (and the BBC profile)?

Oh, and insane isn't the same as stupid. Wilders is a smart guy who knows exactly how far he can go with his racist statements so acquitting Wilders of charges doesn't mean he isn't an exterme nutcase

Besides, Geert travelling to the US to show his support for Trump and his muslim ideas should be enough to condemn him

Nah; you're probably just another closed mind type. Dime a dozen.

Greg

Europe; you have a problem there. Either learn to solve it or events will overtake you. Wilders is a canary in a coal mine. What you do with the warnings are up to you.

Greg

Geert Wilders: Close All Mosques In The Netherlands

Leader of Netherlands’ most popular party Geert Wilders has proposed a closure of all Mosques in the country and a total ban on the Koran ahead of the 2017 general election.

Leader of the populist Party for Freedom (PVV) Geert Wilders has proposed the most radical anti-Islamisation platform for any party in European politics. Wilders, whose PVV are currently top of all major polls in the Netherlands, has declared that the new platform for the party ahead of the general elections in 2017 will include the plan to close all Mosques in the country and place a ban on the Islamic holy book, the Koran. Wilders claims that the move is to counter the Islamisation he sees ongoing in the country reports Belgian paper Demorgen.

pressure from the party against Islamisation. During the last parliamentary campaign the PVV proposed to allow up to a thousand asylum seekers into the country per year. The ongoing migrant crisis and multiple acts of terror in European cities over the past few months has influenced the opinion of Wilders and the party who are known as one of the toughest on Islamism in Europe.

Wilders himself says he is, “incredibly proud of the draft,” of the party platform and reaffirmed his commitment to follow the United Kingdom out of the European Union. Wilders has long been an advocate of getting the Netherlands out of the political bloc who he claims stifle any meaningful asylum of immigration policy passed by the Dutch parliament.

Earlier this year writing exclusively for Breitbart London Wilders called for a “Patriot Spring” across Europe and North America. As Austrian Freedom Party presidential candidate Norbert Hofer leads in polls ahead of the October 2nd Austrian Presidential election, the German Alternative for Germany have become the 3rd largest party in Germany and Wilders PVV are projected to win at least ten seats more than the current ruling party, the patriot spring may have begun.

He is wrong. However, there has been too ready acceptance of anti-Free world rhetoric from "Islamic" leaders by Western leftists. There should be ZERO tolerance of any hate speech by Islamic anybodies.

I am sure SOME Mosques are just fronts for Islamist sympathisers. Those must definitely be identified and shut down.

Greg

Am I as informed as you assume yourself to be, concerning the United States? You are always quoting from media sites. And you don't actually
live there.

My argument is how far can one go with tolerance of free speech?

Years ago, before my time, Enoch Powell was pilloried for his 'rivers of blood' speech. Many of his former demonisers are coming forward with the chickens coming home to roost theory.

Leader of Netherlands’ most popular party Geert Wilders has proposed a closure of all Mosques in the country and a total ban on the Koran ahead of the 2017 general election.

Leader of the populist Party for Freedom (PVV) Geert Wilders has proposed the most radical anti-Islamisation platform for any party in European politics. Wilders, whose PVV are currently top of all major polls in the Netherlands, has declared that the new platform for the party ahead of the general elections in 2017 will include the plan to close all Mosques in the country and place a ban on the Islamic holy book, the Koran. Wilders claims that the move is to counter the Islamisation he sees ongoing in the country reports Belgian paper Demorgen.

pressure from the party against Islamisation. During the last parliamentary campaign the PVV proposed to allow up to a thousand asylum seekers into the country per year. The ongoing migrant crisis and multiple acts of terror in European cities over the past few months has influenced the opinion of Wilders and the party who are known as one of the toughest on Islamism in Europe.

Wilders himself says he is, “incredibly proud of the draft,” of the party platform and reaffirmed his commitment to follow the United Kingdom out of the European Union. Wilders has long been an advocate of getting the Netherlands out of the political bloc who he claims stifle any meaningful asylum of immigration policy passed by the Dutch parliament.

Earlier this year writing exclusively for Breitbart London Wilders called for a “Patriot Spring” across Europe and North America. As Austrian Freedom Party presidential candidate Norbert Hofer leads in polls ahead of the October 2nd Austrian Presidential election, the German Alternative for Germany have become the 3rd largest party in Germany and Wilders PVV are projected to win at least ten seats more than the current ruling party, the patriot spring may have begun.

He is wrong. However, there has been too ready acceptance of anti-Free world rhetoric from "Islamic" leaders by Western leftists. There should be ZERO tolerance of any hate speech by Islamic anybodies.

I am sure SOME Mosques are just fronts for Islamist sympathisers. Those must definitely be identified and shut down.

Greg

They're free to parade up and down waving their flags, and yelling and shouting outside the Houses of Parliament. I remember being there once watching a pro Pal demo, when my eye was caught by another protest group, not in a premium position like the others, trying to draw attention to the plight of old age pensioners in Britain; which I thought to be a far more worthy cause.

I was in Paris once, observing an anti Israel demonstration. It was quite frightening.

Am I as informed as you assume yourself to be, concerning the United States? You are always quoting from media sites. And you don't actually
live there.

Years ago, before my time, Enoch Powell was pilloried for his 'rivers of blood' speech. Many of his former demonisers are coming forward with the chickens coming home to roost theory.

This isn't about the US but about Holland and Wilders

And funny how you're all for tolerating Wilder's hate speech but you won't tolerate my opinion that he's an insane nut

23929434.jpg

To the sewer....

live there.

This isn't about the US but about Holland and Wilders

And funny how you're all for tolerating Wilder's hate speech but you won't tolerate my opinion that he's an insane nut

23929434.jpg

To the sewer....

Done.

You can't even argue 'sanely' (note the inverted commas) preferring to bring personal and emotive moral equivalence into it.

If you want my opinion on whether we should shut down mosques or ban the Koran..... I wouldn't ban the Koran for the same reason I wouldn't ban Mein Kampf. We should be able to recognize evil and hate when we read it and if we can read it then we at least know why they act the way they do.

As for mosques ..... If there was evidence of radicalization like there has been in several mosques across the country then I would come down on those. I do think we should attack this problem from an immigration policy position.

You know you just contradicted yourself -- right?

Thought must be shut down if it's in a building, but if it's in a book it's OK? Pick a side.

"Close All Mosques In The Netherlands"

Which would accomplish nothing.

Muslims in the Netherlands would still gather to pray, continue to practice their faith, and continue to read the Koran.

And what would be the mechanics of ‘banning’ the Koran – the police kicking down the doors of Muslims and searching their homes; it’s naïve idiocy to believe that a Netherlands perceived hostile to Islam will have the effect of ‘persuading’ Muslims to either leave or stay away.

This is just another example of the ignorance, stupidity, fear, and hate common to most on the right.

>> Muslims in the Netherlands would still gather to pray, continue to practice their faith, and continue to read the Koran. <<

That could be most likely.

In the case of the London Finsbury Park mosque closure. Captain Hook, as we called him, carried on his nefarious activities outside on the street.

Jantje; with all due respect, I don't think anyone can go around brandishing people with broad brush strokes such as 'he's a nutcase'.

Based on views and opinions one doesn't like.

Sure I can, especially when the evidence is overwhelming

Freedom of religion is in our constitution too, banning the Koran and closing all mosques is just as insane as banning bibles and closing all churches

I could agree with banning all funding from Saudi Arabia for islamic schools and mosques since the wahhabi idology creates jihadis. I agree with taking away Dutch passports from those who travel to Syria to join their ISIS friends and locking up those who have already returned but demonizing an entire religion to make Holland great again is insane (and you should know what the consequences of such an ideology are)

Freedom of religion doesn't give you the free run at being a terrorist.

It's obvious Islam is using its mosques to radicalize its membership.

It's crazy to think of banning bibles and closing churches because there isn't a worldwide problem of members who read the bible and go to church being radicalized into terrorists.

I have said it many times..... Islam needs a reformation and until they do they will be subjected to proving their innocence instead of being given the benefit of the doubt.

The guy's a racist idiot, he always comes out with this stuff.

If you start telling people what they can believe, what religion they can practice, then what sort of a society do you have? You're as bad as those backwards Muslim countries you hate.

I missed the part where he told anyone what religion they could practice?

It's obvious the world has an Islam problem.

If you start telling people what they can believe, what religion they can practice, then what sort of a society do you have? You're as bad as those backwards Muslim countries you hate.

That's okay, some people just can't read very well:

"has proposed a closure of all Mosques in the country and a total ban on the Koran "

That's okay, some people just can't read very well:

"has proposed a closure of all Mosques in the country and a total ban on the Koran "

Oh so you can only practice your faith if you have a Koran and a mosque?

I must have missed that memo.

Forum List

Back