Netflix: The Nice Guys

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
There has not been much fare worth watching on Netflix lately. However, this 2012 buddy movie with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling is a lot of fun.

If you need a guy to break someone's face for you, Jackson Healy (Russell Crowe) is your man.

Holland March (Ryan Gosling) is a pussified private detective who screams like a little girl.

Their paths cross when Healy is hired to run off the men who are following Amelia and March is one of the men hired to follow her.

Eventually they join forces to protect Amelia for reasons involving a conspiracy by the auto companies who are trying to prevent a certain technology from becoming public. You know that old conspiracy theory.

Much hilarity ensues.

The movie takes place in 1977 and the soundtrack does a good job conveying what a horrible, horrible period that was for rock and roll. No wonder punk rock spontaneously sprang to life around that time.

Though I do like Papa Was A Rolling Stone which plays at the opening, but it gave me false hope for the rest of the movie's soundtrack.

If you did not live through/survive the 70s, you will see why you should be grateful not to have been there when you watch this film.

Kim Bassinger is in this movie. I used to have a mad crush on her back when she was at her peak. However, it is heartbreaking to see her in this movie with every cell in her face botoxxed into immobility. Only her lips and eyeballs are able to move, and just barely.

Enjoy.

Netflix has a bunch of good things on now. Stranger things season 4, locke and key season 3 etc
I just watched day shift. Im not a fan of jaimee fox but that was a decent movie.

Forum List

Back