Netflix: Against the Ice

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Based on a True story of Iver Iverson and Ejnar Mikkelsen making an artic journey to prove Greenland was only one island, and not two lands as previously claimed. The trip did not go well, and they were trapped on the island for 465 days.

Not a huge fan of Nikolaj Coster (known for role as Jamie Lannister on Game of Thrones)
He is not a bad actor, but not that great either. To me he isn't good enough to draw you into the characters he is playing.
Saw him also in "The Silencer", which was a decent movie, but again he was just ok in it.
On the other hand, there was Joe Cole who played Iverson. This kid is a solid actor. I found myself caring more about his character than the lead role by Coster.

The movie itself, felt a little low budget. There are two scenes of a polar bear.... the CGI for it was downright laughable. It would seriously have been better to just leave that scene out. When they were on sleds, there was a lot of close shots leading me to believe they filmed most of the trip in one simple location. Could have had some great cinematography but... didn't. It wasn't a bad movie, just okay. When you pause a movie to see how much time is left...yeah... that is not good.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it but then again I'm a sucker for "frozen wasteland" movies.
Haha... Bonzi loves frozen wasteland movies also. Which is why we watched it.
Have you watched the comedy series "Lillyhammer" ... hilarious series shot in Norway.
Should never have been canceled after just 3 seasons.

Forum List

Back