Netanyahu basks in Congress invitation, but may shake U.S. ties

Netanyahu isn't shaking U.S. ties.

Obama is doing that, by treating Netanyahu like dirt, bringing him in the back door of the White House, keeping him waiting for an hour with an underling, not seeing him at all when he could easily have, etc.

If Obama would stop acting like a petulant schoolyard brat, U.S. ties with Israel would be as strong as ever, not "shaken".

Why should we talk to Netanyahu about coming to an agreement with Iran? Because he has done such a great job with the Palestinians? No thank you.

Have the Pals fired any more rockets lately??

Greg

Netanyahu isn't shaking U.S. ties.

Obama is doing that, by treating Netanyahu like dirt, bringing him in the back door of the White House, keeping him waiting for an hour with an underling, not seeing him at all when he could easily have, etc.

If Obama would stop acting like a petulant schoolyard brat, U.S. ties with Israel would be as strong as ever, not "shaken".

Why should we talk to Netanyahu about coming to an agreement with Iran? Because he has done such a great job with the Palestinians? No thank you.

Have the Pals fired any more rockets lately??

Greg

I would assume so since Netanyahu is inept at making any peace.

Damn I wish we could trade Obama for Netanyahu. I'm sure Israel has a shoe shine kiosk somewhere in Tel Aviv that'd keep Bammy busy...if the lazy bastard ever felt like putting in a day's work.

oh yeah netanyahu is doing a great job. Wait what has he done good again?

Obama can act unilaterally so why not Congress??
Yes, it can. But don't you think that they (the president and congress) have to play in one team? Maybe this team should be named "People who want to develop America but not ruin it"? Don't you think so?

Son of a gun. A virgin. I thought they were extinct. I guess something new happens every day.

If you want to pretend Israel does not use the big stick of the US you probably also think Israel has a lot of support.

Benjamin Netanyahu's decision to accept an invitation to address the U.S. Congress just days before Israel's parliamentary election offers him invaluable pre-vote publicity, but may also have shaken the balance of U.S.-Israel ties.John Boehner, the Republican speaker of the House of Representatives, issued the invitation without consulting the White House, a breach of protocol since it is normally up to a head of state to invite a foreign leader.
It also does not appear that Netanyahu, a right-winger who has a testy relationship with Barack Obama, let the president know about the invitation before accepting it, underscoring their increasingly tense ties.

Netanyahu basks in Congress invitation but may shake U.S. ties Reuters

Well it seems this is going to be a big campaign stop for Netanyahu. It also seems that the GOP might is going to use this to stress their case for more sanctions and possible force against Iran and their nuclear programs. This is also a very rare invitation because it came from congress and not from the President and the President was not notified of this invitation.
Thoughts?

Should we really be going hard after Iran right now when they are fighting ISIS?
Will liberal posters please read a damn newspaper once in awhile
The damn Iran backed rebels just took over Yemen, ya know the country where obama launches his drones from

Well if you're against Obama launching drones that would be a good thing, no?

Hoho, who can say, it just gets better and better...

U.S. teams up with rebels taking over Yemen

http://www.wnd.com

WASHINGTON – As the Iranian-backed Shiite Houthis take over the Yemeni capital, there are indications the U.S. and the Houthis may be teaming up to battle a common foe, al-Qaida in the Arab Peninsula, or AQAP.

Forum List

Back