Needs stories from people born in the 30's-60's

1. What's your first name, age, race, sex? Gracie, 67, white, f

2. Where were you born and where were you raised? Utah, Ohio

3. What kind of person were you in the 60's? Naive, well behaved

4. Did you have a job or go to school, if so what did you do or where did you attend? school

5. What Political party were you in (if any)? announced liberal

6. How did you feel about:

a. Dwight D. Eisenhower Good President

b. The Cold War Scary. Kruschev was a mad man. Couldn't trust him.

c. Communism We were lucky to be Americans. Most Americans were patriotic, had good jobs and were grateful to be in the US. Communism was equal to being not free to travel, could not express yourself, none of the freedoms we have.

d. Soviet Missiles in Cuba Very scary time. I was wondering if we were going to go to war.

e. John Kennedy and Jackie Camelot. Loved them both.

f. The space Race It was very exciting. We were proud of our endeavors and followed them closely.

g. Lyndon B. Johnson Not a good president. Thought he messed up the Viet Nam war. It was a very bad time in our history to finally lose a war. Remembered the SDS on campus at college.

h. Malcolm X Do not remember him

i. Martin Luther King Jr. Remembered him as being a wonderful man doing great works.

j. Racial Tensions and Civil Rights Remembered the sit ins and Civil Rights marches. Remembered George Wallace with disdain. Very much in favor of rights for Negroes.

k. Black Panthers No knowledge

l. Robert F. Kennedy Remember when he was shot. It was horrible.

m. Woman's Rights Do not remember women's rights.

n. Free Speech Just remember we always had free speech.

o. LSD There was talk of L:SD, but it never entered my sphere of life.

p. Music Loved the music. Loved Elvis, Mamas and papas, pop rock and folk.

q. The Vietnam War and the Bay of Pigs Invasion Wrote to a soldier in the Viet Nam war. It was very sad. Parents made me stop. The Bay of Pigs Invasion made me question Kennedy's competency.

r. Richard Nixon. Regarded him as a good president until Watergate. Followed Watergate closely. "Tricky Dick" came to be true.

7. What did you love and what did you hate about the 60's? I loved the music, the innocence and low beer.

8. What kind of things did you do for fun? College bars, dancing, going to the beach

9. What kind of clothes did you wear? shorts with sweaters, shirts with ties, bell bottoms pant dresses.

10. How many siblings did you have? 1 brother

11. Did you're parents have the same beliefs as you? No I was privately religious. They were not.

12. What Religion are or were you (if any)? Christian

13. Are there any other things or interesting stories that you would like to tell me? We never locked doors, Never heard the word pedophile until I was an adult, same for the "f" word, It was a good time to grow up...if you were white.

It was a good time for growing up if you were black too, optimism as changed happened, and morbid obesity and obesity related disorders were rare, and your most lethal enemy was not your black neighbor.
Mohammad Ali where are Inspirations like that now

another big childhood memory..

4. Did you have a job or go to school, if so what did you do or where did you attend? school

c. Communism We were lucky to be Americans. Most Americans were patriotic, had good jobs and were grateful to be in the US. Communism was equal to being not free to travel, could not express yourself, none of the freedoms we have.

d. Soviet Missiles in Cuba Very scary time. I was wondering if we were going to go to war.

f. The space Race It was very exciting. We were proud of our endeavors and followed them closely.

g. Lyndon B. Johnson Not a good president. Thought he messed up the Viet Nam war. It was a very bad time in our history to finally lose a war. Remembered the SDS on campus at college.

i. Martin Luther King Jr. Remembered him as being a wonderful man doing great works.

j. Racial Tensions and Civil Rights Remembered the sit ins and Civil Rights marches. Remembered George Wallace with disdain. Very much in favor of rights for Negroes.

q. The Vietnam War and the Bay of Pigs Invasion Wrote to a soldier in the Viet Nam war. It was very sad. Parents made me stop. The Bay of Pigs Invasion made me question Kennedy's competency.

r. Richard Nixon. Regarded him as a good president until Watergate. Followed Watergate closely. "Tricky Dick" came to be true.

7. What did you love and what did you hate about the 60's? I loved the music, the innocence and low beer.

8. What kind of things did you do for fun? College bars, dancing, going to the beach

9. What kind of clothes did you wear? shorts with sweaters, shirts with ties, bell bottoms pant dresses.

11. Did you're parents have the same beliefs as you? No I was privately religious. They were not.

13. Are there any other things or interesting stories that you would like to tell me? We never locked doors, Never heard the word pedophile until I was an adult, same for the "f" word, It was a good time to grow up...if you were white.

It was a good time for growing up if you were black too, optimism as changed happened, and morbid obesity and obesity related disorders were rare, and your most lethal enemy was not your black neighbor.

Wasn't he Casius Clay then? (SP?)

Hi, I am currently working on a project. I am writing a fictional story based in the 1960's. Documentary's and textbooks do give plenty of information about the decade but they do not say much about the emotional level or people's private lives. Is there anyone out there that is willing to tell me their story or they're family member's story? If so, can you please answer these questions and send them to me either in text, audio, video or any other way so that I may continue with this creative process? Thank you, for those of you that are willing to take the time out to do this and you don't have to answer ever single question. Just do as many as you can.

1. What's your first name, age, race, sex?

2. Where were you born and where were you raised?

3. What kind of person were you in the 60's?

4. Did you have a job or go to school, if so what did you do or where did you attend?

5. What Political party were you in (if any)?

a. Dwight D. Eisenhower

b. The Cold War

c. Communism

d. Soviet Missiles in Cuba

e. John Kennedy and Jakie

f. The space Race

g. Lyndon B. Johnson

h. Malcolm X

i. Martin Luther King Jr.

j. Racial Tensions and Civil Rights

k. Black Panthers

l. Robert F. Kennedy

m. Woman's Rights

n. Free Speech

o. LSD

p. Music

q. The Vietnam War and the Bay of Pigs Invasion

r. Richard Nixon.

7. What did you love and what did you hate about the 60's?

8. What kind of things did you do for fun?

9. What kind of clothes did you wear?

10. How many siblings did you have?

11. Did you're parents have the same beliefs as you?

12. What Religion are or were you (if any)?

13. Are there any other things or interesting stories that you would like to tell me?

Once again thank you all for taking you're time out to do this for me!
-Sandra
You are asking a lot of work for oldtimers.

1. John, 66 white male

2.. Born on the Bayou, raised in the Dirty South

3. Radical, rebellious, Hell bent on Hell.

4. Worked, and got three college degrees, History, English, Masters, Texas, Hook 'em Horns

5. Not allowed to vote until '70, Democrat then, if not, in LA you had no vote.

a "I LIKE IKE"

b. Glad it did not go nuclear.

c. Curse of humanity, died of its own contradictions and murderous tendencies

d. Intolerable, and only thing JFK did right

e. Disgusting, immoral, and she would have divorced him and become the same international whore, had he lived

f. United America, and led to too many modern wonders we take for granted today to count

G. Oswald shot the wrong man

H. A charlatan, reaped what he sowed.

I. With Medgar Evers, a great man, and a martyr, it was time for change, but, Dems enslaved blacks again with welfare, dependency

j Change had to come, but, in the end, vast majority of blacks duped again, with bread and circuses

k. Not all that important, self destruced

l. Only man whose death brought me to tears, but, not a fan politically. Crooked as his brother

m. Good cause, duped like blacks, into promiscuity , STD's trapped in "single motherhood".

n. All for free speech

o. Love Special Delivery, should be mandatory at least for five trips

p. Died with Brian Jones and Pigpen

q. Both totally unnecessary and tragic

r. Result of reaction against LBJ and Dems, got what he needed

7. Loved the liberty, came to despise libertinism

8. LSD, pot, music

9.Levis, Gant shirts, same as today

10. Three, don't speak to any of them today

11. Not like them at all Drunks, loved them cuz I didn't know better

12. Non-denominational Christian

13. If they could be written, every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that could be written.

This was hard, your format hard, if you appreciate my effort, please throw a mercy fuck to JR.

Wasn't he Casius Clay then? (SP?)

No he had just rejected his Slave name

Hi, I am currently working on a project. I am writing a fictional story based in the 1960's. Documentary's and textbooks do give plenty of information about the decade but they do not say much about the emotional level or people's private lives. Is there anyone out there that is willing to tell me their story or they're family member's story? If so, can you please answer these questions and send them to me either in text, audio, video or any other way so that I may continue with this creative process? Thank you, for those of you that are willing to take the time out to do this and you don't have to answer ever single question. Just do as many as you can.

4. Did you have a job or go to school, if so what did you do or where did you attend?

a. Dwight D. Eisenhower

b. The Cold War

c. Communism

f. The space Race

g. Lyndon B. Johnson

h. Malcolm X

k. Black Panthers

l. Robert F. Kennedy

m. Woman's Rights

n. Free Speech

o. LSD

p. Music

r. Richard Nixon.

13. Are there any other things or interesting stories that you would like to tell me?

-Sandra

1. John, 66 white male

4. Worked, and got three college degrees, History, English, Masters, Texas, Hook 'em Horns

a "I LIKE IKE"

e. Disgusting, immoral, and she would have divorced him and become the same international whore, had he lived

f. United America, and led to too many modern wonders we take for granted today to count

I. With Medgar Evers, a great man, and a martyr, it was time for change, but, Dems enslaved blacks again with welfare, dependency

j Change had to come, but, in the end, vast majority of blacks duped again, with bread and circuses

l. Only man whose death brought me to tears, but, not a fan politically. Crooked as his brother

m. Good cause, duped like blacks, into promiscuity , STD's trapped in "single motherhood".

n. All for free speech

8. LSD, pot, music

13. If they could be written, every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that could be written.

This was hard, your format hard, if you appreciate my effort, please throw a mercy fuck to JR.

Thank you! You are truly amazing, you actually answered everything!

If it's a fictional story, why do you need facts? :slap:
Jake, you don't even remember the Sixties. Drink your warm milk and hit the sack. Nitey nite.

I know nothing about the sixties and I want to create a fictional character

I know nothing about the beliefs/ values or thoughts that were in the 60's. All of the information I get are through textbooks and documentaries and they are quite dull and emotionless. I'm writing about a fictional character in non-fictional...historical situations. It's hard for me to put these concepts together because I'm a 90's kid. So, I'm asking for some true stories so that I could relate to those times and it will create smother ideas for my screen play.
I spilled some shit. Take it and run with it. There's nothing wrong with a bit of Artistic License.

By 1969 my three older brothers either left home on their own or were kicked out because my mother couldn't feed them. So there I was, a 14 year old male head of household responsible for raising my three younger siblings while mom buried herself in a gallon of whiskey each week trying to keep dad's business afloat while battling an industry filled with men who wanted nothing more than to buy the company for pennies on the dollar. I was mom, dad, counselor, maid, dishwasher you name it. I made breakfast lunch and dinner. Got my brothers and sister off to school each morning. Packed their lunches and tucked them in bed at night.

What kept my sanity? Two things- a sense of humor and music. The music that my older brothers left behind in their vinyl record collections. Argent, Chicago, Rolling Stones, T-Rex, Wishbone Ash, Beatles, Leon Russel, Cheap Trick, Jethro Tull, Who, etc. etc.

But my constant companion was newspapers. I began reading newspapers... and I kept a dictionary by my side for when I came across a word that was unfamiliar. I delved deeper and deeper into the news of the day and I built my vocabulary. I became cognizant of the world and the plight of humanity.

And so on and so forth...

Jake, you don't even remember the Sixties. Drink your warm milk and hit the sack. Nitey nite.

I know nothing about the beliefs/ values or thoughts that were in the 60's. All of the information I get are through textbooks and documentaries and they are quite dull and emotionless. I'm writing about a fictional character in non-fictional...historical situations. It's hard for me to put these concepts together because I'm a 90's kid. So, I'm asking for some true stories so that I could relate to those times and it will create smother ideas for my screen play.
I spilled some shit. Take it and run with it. There's nothing wrong with a bit of Artistic License.

By 1969 my three older brothers either left home on their own or were kicked out because my mother couldn't feed them. So there I was, a 14 year old male head of household responsible for raising my three younger siblings while mom buried herself in a gallon of whiskey each week trying to keep dad's business afloat while battling an industry filled with men who wanted nothing more than to buy the company for pennies on the dollar. I was mom, dad, counselor, maid, dishwasher you name it. I made breakfast lunch and dinner. Got my brothers and sister off to school each morning. Packed their lunches and tucked them in bed at night.

What kept my sanity? Two things- a sense of humor and music. The music that my older brothers left behind in their vinyl record collections. Argent, Chicago, Rolling Stones, T-Rex, Wishbone Ash, Beatles, Leon Russel, Cheap Trick, Jethro Tull, Who, etc. etc.

But my constant companion was newspapers. I began reading newspapers... and I kept a dictionary by my side for when I came across a word that was unfamiliar. I delved deeper and deeper into the news of the day and I built my vocabulary. I became cognizant of the world and the plight of humanity.

You had some tough times. I'm grateful you came out with your sense of humor. I enjoy your posts.

Than You for answering all of these!:clap::clap::clap2:

You had some tough times. I'm grateful you came out with your sense of humor. I enjoy your posts.
Ahhh... shaddap. :slap:

Ahhh... shaddap. :slap:
:eusa_angel:

a. Dwight D. Eisenhower

b. The Cold War

c. Communism

f. The space Race

g. Lyndon B. Johnson

h. Malcolm X

k. Black Panthers

l. Robert F. Kennedy

m. Woman's Rights

n. Free Speech

o. LSD

p. Music

r. Richard Nixon.

-Sandra

1. John, 66 white male

a "I LIKE IKE"

n. All for free speech

8. LSD, pot, music

Thank you! You are truly amazing, you actually answered everything!

It was hard to follow.

Now, please throw that mercy fuck to JR, in gratitude.

I wish my Merchant Marine pal, Michael, had not died.

He was the one with the tales, vowed to visit every country on Earth, and managed all but North Korea and maybe 5 others.

Sewed all his money in the up in his Levi's while evacuating East Pakistan(Bangladesh) during the war, on a refugee train, smoked a lot of dope and passed out, and somebody stole his pants while he was sleeping.

Woke up in his drawers, and one day down the line, somebody got over $10K US.

We came so close to hijacking the USS Panama, sister of the Mayquez, on an acid trip, that it was not even funny.

We were going to take it to North Vietnam and be heroes, but, decided to break into the reefer(where the food was) and huff nitrous oxide from the whipped cream cans instead.

Shipmates bitched the next two months because there was no whipped cream.

Those were insane days, lucky I didn't end up in North Vietnam for life, or Japan, where I dumped 500 hits of Orange Sunshine and 10 pounds of Hanoi Gold, machine rolled, a step ahead of Jap narcs.

And people say there is no God, I know better, He saved my ass from myself.

Than You for answering all of these!:clap::clap::clap2:
You're very welcome. Good luck on your endeavours.

My friend Michael was larger than life.

The sixties rocked, but, these 60's are better, though I am left only with memories of my best and most loved friends.

I'm sorta the last man standing.

Lonely at the top sometimes, but, I do have a GF young enough to be my daughter, and that is how I:

r-crumb-keep-on-truckin-art-poster-print.jpg

My friend Michael was larger than life.

The sixties rocked, but, these 60's are better, though I am left only with memories of my best and most loved friends.

I'm sorta the last man standing.

Lonely at the top sometimes, but, I do have a GF young enough to be my daughter, and that is how I:

r-crumb-keep-on-truckin-art-poster-print.jpg
I'm sorry for your losses.

Man, those were the days of the newpaper, had Morning Advocate and State Times, and on Sunday, if we were good, we got a Times-Picayune from NOLA, for the bigger comics section.

I still would not go back though, for all the farms in Cuba.

Forum List

Back