Nearly 70% of Americans Support Ban on Race Based College Admissions Including a Majority of Blacks.

Black unemployment declined because we finally made things a little fairer.
I think it helped when the feds lowered the standards for hiring

During the Bush admin Georgia Pacific adopted a policy of not hiring illiterates

Workers were required to pass a literacy test which the feds claimed was racial discrimination since many black workers cannot read or write

Now instead of written warning signs the company has to convey its messages verbally or on posters using cartoon characters

During the Bush admin Georgia Pacific adopted a policy of not hiring illiterates

Workers were required to pass a literacy test which the feds claimed was racial discrimination since many black workers cannot read or write

Now instead of written warning signs the company has to convey its messages verbally or on posters using cartoon characters
Any test that is relevant to proficiency in a job has a disparate effect, because blacks tend to be less proficient.

Affirmative action discriminates in favor of less qualified Negroes.
No, it just compensates for white privilege and nepotism. We've been over this. Since we can't get rid of those, AA is here to stay. No one wants to explain why they hired the idiot Nephew.

More and bigger welfare checks and affirmative action have not succeeded reducing black poverty in a way that is politically sustainable.

Except... it has been reduced from 55% to 17%. Sounds sustainable to me. (Anyone getting welfare is actually part of the 17%, so it might be a good idea to reduce it further through AA.)

Together with a lenient criminal justice system against Negro criminals they destroyed the New Deal Constituency which had dominated the United States since 1933.

Um, not so much. Whites are down to 59% of the population.... Long range, we really don't need the Awful white people, the combination of decent ones and minorities is enough to maintain a ruling coalition.

Mormons tend to be high on the good statistics and low on the bad statistics. In other words, they are the exact opposite of Negroes.

You mean other than the misogyny, the racism, the bizarre cult behavior, disassociating themselves from people who leave the cult, rampant child abuse... the Mormons are not "Saints".

You are always stalking me. This gives me the opportunity to expose your inability to debate rationally.
All I do is hit the nerves of your inadequacies. I mean, it must suck your employer thought so little of you that you were paid less than the guy who was supposedly expected to do no work.

I'd ask if you have a link to this one.

I used to work with GP a lot when I was in the packaging industry. My contact in the office was a nice black lady who was very literate and a joy to work with.

I'd ask if you have a link to this one.

I used to work with GP a lot when I was in the packaging industry. My contact in the office was a nice black lady who was very literate and a joy to work with.
It was back in 2007

It was back in 2007

Yes, it was, and there was more to the story.

It wasn't just that they were using this test, it was that the test was completely wrong for the kinds of jobs they were screening for. They were using it to screen out people for jobs that did not require that level of literacy.

Hey, I wish I knew about the crazy shit Mormon's believe then. Then I'd have understood why they were such shitheads.

Sure you'd get along with the Mormons, they are a racist cult that didn't admit black people until 1978.
Most of the Mormons I have met were good, hardworking people. Yes their religion makes no sense to me, but neither does any other one.

Most of the Mormons I have met were good, hardworking people. Yes their religion makes no sense to me, but neither does any other one.
The difference is I can't prove that Jesus or Mohammed were frauds who were out to get laid and cheat less smart people out of their money.

But that's pretty much what has been established about Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum)

It wasn't just that they were using this test, it was that the test was completely wrong for the kinds of jobs they were screening for. They were using it to screen out people for jobs that did not require that level of literacy.

Why did they want to screen those people out? Was it ignorant prejudice, or the knowledge that they were likely to have problems with them?

Thats totally wrong

Working around machinery and being able to read warning signs is a safety issue

In the 21st Century why would any company hire people who cant read and write?

The federal government is saying that black people are illiterate compared to other races

No wonder libs want affirmative action and lower standards for workers

Blacks have never been for race based stuff. Whites have and they did it by written law for almost 200 years as a nation.. Seems that some whites have forgotten this. And that's the problem with all this white whining about AA or DEI. Stop pretending the shit is all in the past because it's not and you damn well know it. It's why right wing whites have packed the courts with raciist judges hoping to get enough of them on the SCOTUS to end equal opportunity.

But evil always loses and whites are going to become a minority. And then you'll wish AA existed.
No, whites haven’t forgotten what happened in the PAST. You want whites today to suffer the same discrimination today even though they were not a part of causing blacks to suffer back then. Make admissions to higher education equal for every race. Why do you have a problem with that?

Thats totally wrong

Working around machinery and being able to read warning signs is a safety issue

In the 21st Century why would any company hire people who cant read and write?

The federal government is saying that black people are illiterate compared to other races

No wonder libs want affirmative action and lower standards for workers

This wasn't a test for basic literacy. It was a high level comprehension test.

This wasn't a test for basic literacy. It was a high level comprehension test.
The company should be free to hire the best qualified people available

Instead you force them to hire inferior employees who are illiterate

That's liberalism in action

…..and a sure way to bring about a decline of the country.

I agree they should.

That means no hiring idiot nephews, gals who are sleeping with the manager, or the owner's drinking buddy.

Oh,wait... no, companies do that all the time.

Forum List

Back