Nearly 20 Percent Of Seattle Police Force Quits Following Defunding And Black Lives Matter Riots

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Following the death of George Floyd, protests and riots erupted in Seattle. Amid radicals looting and attacking police, Seattle’s homicide rate spiked to a 26-year high. Nonetheless, the Seattle council attempted to slash the police department’s budget once more, but to no avail. During the particular uptick in crime, the number of deployable officers in the left-wing stronghold was about 1,200. This is the lowest since 1990.

Jason Rantz, a Seattle-based talk show host on KTTH Radio and a frequent guest on Fox News, told The Federalist that “the numbers you’re getting only tell a small part of the picture.”

“You have dozens of officers who are burning their sick and vacation time and will exit the force afterward,” Rantz said. “You have officers who are applying elsewhere and booked to turn in their equipment and uniform, which means they will be gone but haven’t yet been reported as part of the separations yet.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com

It’s the new math. Presence of police officers equals more crime. Delete police officers, delete crime.

What could possibly go wrong?

Actually, it is not the actions of the policemen out on the beat, it is the prosecuting attorneys and the elected or appointed magistrates who will not prosecute the criminals when they are caught, or do not pass adequate sentencing in those few instances where prosecution is enabled. The prospective criminal has a very good chance of simply walking away, released before the arresting officer has even completed the paperwork, and the “prosecutorial discretion” is made not to even honor the charges before a grand jury, let alone ever getting into a courtroom.

Repeated rearrests have no cumulative effect whatsoever.

They are welcome to come to where I live. We don't have a blm problem and a great sheriff's department, you can't drive 5 minutes without seeing one of their vehicles.

We don't defund here. And aside from a few dumb ass people we have little crime, traffic violations is our biggest concern. Of course we have a lot of sheriff's and they patrol often. Probably also helps it's predominantly white around here, so we don't have a lot of crime. It's a safe and fairly quiet county.

Think in past 15 years I only got pulled over once for a headlight out and I showed the cop the headlight I just bought on my way home and all he said was "next time replace it in the parking lot after you buy it. Have a good night" and off he went. Didn't even care when I said I had a loaded pistol behind my seat when he walked up to the car.

Following the death of George Floyd, protests and riots erupted in Seattle. Amid radicals looting and attacking police, Seattle’s homicide rate spiked to a 26-year high. Nonetheless, the Seattle council attempted to slash the police department’s budget once more, but to no avail. During the particular uptick in crime, the number of deployable officers in the left-wing stronghold was about 1,200. This is the lowest since 1990.

Jason Rantz, a Seattle-based talk show host on KTTH Radio and a frequent guest on Fox News, told The Federalist that “the numbers you’re getting only tell a small part of the picture.”

“You have dozens of officers who are burning their sick and vacation time and will exit the force afterward,” Rantz said. “You have officers who are applying elsewhere and booked to turn in their equipment and uniform, which means they will be gone but haven’t yet been reported as part of the separations yet.”

It’s the new math. Presence of police officers equals more crime. Delete police officers, delete crime.

Actually, it is not the actions of the policemen out on the beat, it is the prosecuting attorneys and the elected or appointed magistrates who will not prosecute the criminals when they are caught, or do not pass adequate sentencing in those few instances where prosecution is enabled. The prospective criminal has a very good chance of simply walking away, released before the arresting officer has even completed the paperwork, and the “prosecutorial discretion” is made not to even honor the charges before a grand jury, let alone ever getting into a courtroom.

Too bad ALL the cops cannot resign.

Soon even the thugs would be begging for the cops to return, lest those thugs are terminated by other thugs.

As far as the "good" people are concerned, they are apparently liberals that voted in that liberal city council. So let them lie in the bed that they made!

Seems fair to me.

If the Police is not treated with the justice they deserve, and criminals are given advantage, the Police should quit....simple as that.

I applaud them for quitting.:clap:

Call BLM when home invasion thugs are breaking in.

I suspect another 50% are actively looking.

Nearly 20% Of Seattle Cops Quit Amid National Protests, Budget Cuts.

What a shithole city
Hell, you ain’t seen nothin yet. It’s going to fall a lot further.
Yep. They should have rounded up all the guns before dismantling the police.

That was a mistake since people now understand that if they want protection, they will have to provide it themselves.

Call BLM when home invasion thugs are breaking in.

I suspect another 50% are actively looking.

Nearly 20% Of Seattle Cops Quit Amid National Protests, Budget Cuts.

What a shithole city
Hell, you ain’t seen nothin yet. It’s going to fall a lot further.
Yep. They should have rounded up all the guns before dismantling the police.

That was a mistake since people now understand that if they want protection, they will have to provide it themselves.
Only an absolute retard would give up a gun, especially in a democrat city.

Who can blame them. They need cops all over the country right now and if those leaving Seattle are smart they will head for a Red city or State.

Forum List

Back