Nearly 2/3 of people opposed to Obamacare

Don't worry....Democraps are busy with extra fake ballots, getting illegals on the voter rolls and getting ready to bribe their followers with more welfare handouts before the next election.

If you thought voter fraud was bad before, 2014 and 2016 are going to blow it away.

Liberals are enemies of the US, they are criminals.

Your statement makes no sense, son, because you failed to give the full meaning of the original statement.

??? Are you trying to make a coherent point here. Or just responding with gibberish because someone called you on your bullshit?

Just answer the question. What is it that 50% supposedly want ACA to do 'more' of? You can't say, because the surveys didn't ask. All that was asked about was the vague notion that ACA should 'go further'. Hell, I'd even answer 'yes' to that - because ACA does nothing at all to address the real problems with health care. Without specifics, the results of asking such a question on a survey are meaningless.

The gibberish is yours, son. The silly tried to pretend that so many people didn't like it, when in fact 50% disagree with that silly statement.

Now do you understand?

No, you don't. So let's consider Nearly 2/3 of people opposed to Obamacare . Logically then, when we read the link, we find that 50% don't want it, and 50% want it or have it expanded.

And as it improves, the latter number will increase.

So, we're debating whether the sweeping changes imposed on us by ACA are opposed by 2/3 of the nation, or "only" half of them. Sounds like a bad idea in either case. We need real consensus before we make these kinds of changes.

Last edited:
Sheesh, you are aware that 1/3d opposed to ACA want to expand it, don't you?

As the law improves over the coming months (it handled a million customers today) that folks will come to like it more than not..

We GOP could have avoided this from 1994 to 2006 but served the health insurance and medical and pharma industries instead. 50% get that now, and more will every month from now on.

We brought this on ourselves, dblack

Sheesh, you are aware that 1/3d opposed to ACA want to expand it, don't you?

As the law improves over the coming months (it handled a million customers today) that folks will come to like it more than not..

We GOP could have avoided this from 1994 to 2006 but served the health insurance and medical and pharma industries instead. 50% get that now, and more will every month from now on.

We brought this on ourselves, dblack

"We" is a relative term, but yes - all the idiocy of government is, ultimately, on the voters. That's no reason to accept it, however.

I've already rebutted your specious claim that 1/3 opposed to ACA want to 'expand it'. Such a claim is utterly vague and meaningless. Regardless, as I've pointed out elsewhere, if 1/3 are opposed for one reason, and another third are opposed for another reason - so the fuck what? The idea of compromise is to find solutions that both sides can support, not simply come up with something everyone hates equally.

Last edited:
So the majority consensus is that the system is either fine or should become singlepayer?

Why are we bringing up single payer? Nowhere have I said anything about that. Getting back to the issue at hand, two out of three people oppose Obamacare. Only 16% of people expect it to help them.

Because according to your own link;

That means half the public either favors Obamacare, or opposes it because it's not liberal enough, down four points from last month.

How else do you propose to make the ACA more "liberal" if not provide a singlepayer option?

So the majority consensus is that the system is either fine or should become singlepayer?

Why are we bringing up single payer? Nowhere have I said anything about that. Getting back to the issue at hand, two out of three people oppose Obamacare. Only 16% of people expect it to help them.

That means half the public either favors Obamacare, or opposes it because it's not liberal enough, down four points from last month.
How else do you propose to make the ACA more "liberal" if not provide a singlepayer option?

Funny thing, there are a bunch of weird people out there that think liberal actually means "free from government control." Did you know that 16% of Republicans think Obama is too conservative?

So, let me get this straight.....two thirds of people are opposed to Obamacare. Isn't that what I said in the first place?

So, let me get this straight.....two thirds of people are opposed to Obamacare. Isn't that what I said in the first place?

Yeah... I guess their point is that people oppose it for different reasons. Which I suppose is worthwhile as an observation that there's no consensus on what we should do instead. But that hardly excuses the fact that most of us agree we shouldn't be going forward with ACA.

Forum List

Back