NCAA quietly reinstates Penn State's victories

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
I consider this to be more of a political issue than a sports issue; so I'm posting it here.

Some people may know the finite details better than I. But here is the crux of the matter. Penn State football coach Joe Paterno had a coach raping children on his campus and he continued to allow the coach to be a part of his program while this was happening. Before or during the trial of this coach (Sandusky), the NCAA vacated the wins of Penn State for at least during the years in question. People can post the finite details as I say. Now, that the trial is over and settlements closed out, the NCAA slimily reinstated the victories. And for why?

Just one final butt fuck to the victims! I won't say slap in the face cos that's too mild. Penn State and the NCAA are butt fucking the victims one last time!

Who cares about the football victories, all the NCAA did was fill in the blanks so the bookies could collecct on past debits. The problem is that Paterno and the Penn State people and most likely the fans and the local Police knew about Sandusky's abuse of boys but they let it go as long as the football program worked. It's a disgrace and an insight into the partnership between organized crime, organized (legal) betting and the college athletic programs.

taking away the wins was a pointless gesture that dicked with the records of innocent people that were doing their jobs.

stick it to the guilty w/o punishing the innocent

and it wasn't quite, it was all over the radio and the news (I live in PA)

taking away the wins was a pointless gesture that dicked with the records of innocent people that were doing their jobs.

While you have a point that there is collateral damage; you can't reward systems that egregiously act the way they did. Yes, I imagine it was all over your homer driven PA news; but this story was ignored by the national corporate media.

Who cares about the football victories, all the NCAA did was fill in the blanks so the bookies could collecct on past debits. The problem is that Paterno and the Penn State people and most likely the fans and the local Police knew about Sandusky's abuse of boys but they let it go as long as the football program worked. It's a disgrace and an insight into the partnership between organized crime, organized (legal) betting and the college athletic programs.

You can't pretend that these wins are meaningless. Penn State certainly didn't pretend that they were meaningless to the indignation of their victims.

"Innocent people that were doing their jobs" were involved in a conspiracy involving the abuse of innocent boys who were victims of a freaking pedophile. Sandusky wasn't just a football pedophile. He enjoyed his pedophile status as long as the local police and the idiot football fans had a good time betting on Penn State games.

While you have a point that there is collateral damage; you can't reward systems that egregiously act the way they did. Yes, I imagine it was all over your homer driven PA news; but this story was ignored by the national corporate media.
kinda hard to understand why b/c it put Joe back in the #1 win spot

It's not about rewarding the behavior of the few individuals involved in the abuse, it's about recognizing the achievements of those athletes who won those games. It was the right move.

"Innocent people that were doing their jobs" were involved in a conspiracy involving the abuse of innocent boys who were victims of a freaking pedophile. Sandusky wasn't just a football pedophile. He enjoyed his pedophile status as long as the local police and the idiot football fans had a good time betting on Penn State games.
no, the innocent people had no idea

this may come as a shock, but not everyone knew what he was doing

The bottom line is that the University conveniently covered up the scandal till Jo Pa got his record breaking victory.

There is no doubt that the university knew long before hand. The football program is and was their bread and butter, so nothing is as important to them.

It's like this everywhere really. The love of money is truly the root of all evil. The NCAA is not better, they love the money Penn State brings into college football and is why they program did not get the death penalty which they so deserve. I mean, if this does not get the death penalty what program could?

And I could really care less about all this talk about innocent parties being involved. Too bad for them, go find another football program and/or university. How hard is that?

What really ticks me off more is that an investigator was snooping into the scandal a while back and then came up missing. His hard drive was found in the river.

Add to this scandal murder and it simply does not get any worse than this, murder and pimping out young boys through a charity?

At least Hitler did not pimp out young boys through a charity.

It's not about rewarding the behavior of the few individuals involved in the abuse, it's about recognizing the achievements of those athletes who won those games. It was the right move.

Yea, cos the 'recognition of the athletes' is paramount and what this is really about. (Sarcasm)

The bottom line is that the University conveniently covered up the scandal till Jo Pa got his record breaking victory.

There is no doubt that the university knew long before hand. The football program is and was their bread and butter, so nothing is as important to them.

It's like this everywhere really. The love of money is truly the root of all evil. The NCAA is not better, they love the money Penn State brings into college football and is why they program did not get the death penalty which they so deserve. I mean, if this does not get the death penalty what program could?

And I could really care less about all this talk about innocent parties being involved. Too bad for them, go find another football program and/or university. How hard is that?

What really ticks me off more is that an investigator was snooping into the scandal a while back and then came up missing. His hard drive was found in the river.

Add to this scandal murder and it simply does not get any worse than this, murder and pimping out young boys through a charity?

At least Hitler did not pimp out young boys through a charity.

I didn't know this scandal included a likely murder as well. Yea, this wins reinstatement is heartless and reeks of the same low-down mentality that was behind all of this.

Forum List

Back