NCAA Football CFP Thread: My Rankings, and Scenarios

Yep, let’s re evaluate:

If GA beats Bama, It’s GA, MI (if they win), WA, TX (if they win)/FSU (if they win)… I have no idea who would be put in at 4

If Bama beats GA, It’s MI, WA, then who the fuck knows… if I had to choose it’d be TX (if they win) then Bama
I feel like you make this more complicated than it needs to be.

UGA is in
UM is in
UW is in

FSU in if they win and Alabama loses
UT in if they win and FSU and Alabama lose
Alabama is in if they win

They aren’t or shouldn’t if they lose.

Texas and Bama would have better marquee wins and have played tougher schedules.
You are smoking some crazy good shit if you think the committee is leaving the 2 time defending champ out of the playoff over a single loss. They will just put UGA and Alabama in.

I feel like you make this more complicated than it needs to be.

UGA is in
UM is in
UW is in

FSU in if they win and Alabama loses
UT in if they win and FSU and Alabama lose
Alabama is in if they win

There is no way FSU is not getting in if they win. As good as this season has been for UGA...they still need to win today.

There is no way FSU is not getting in if they win. As good as this season has been for UGA...they still need to win today.
Ok. So if Alabama wins, the committee is either leaving the SEC champ out or the 2 time defending national champ who has 1 loss over the last 2 seasons……. So that FSU who plays in what everyone knows is a greatly inferior ACC who is for sure playing their backup QB and possibly their 3rd sting. Im sure that’s what will happen.

The Committee wants Michigan to play Washington in the Rose Bowl. That is why Washington was bumped up to No. 3. If Alabama beats Georgia, all bets are off. Maybe elevate Michigan to No.1 and drop Washington to No. 4?

Last edited:
Texas winning 49-14 right now. They have likely punched their ticket.

Texas winning 49-14 right now. They have likely punched their ticket.
? Because they ran the score up on #18 Ok St? FSU is playing #14 Louisville and are already ranked higher than Texas. Texas needs help if they are going to get in.

an ugly win over not great LOUISVILLE is not going to help FSU case. With a 3rd string QB? Its supposed to be the best four teams. Not those that got a luckier schedule draw.

The argument just moves. If you make it 8….9-11 scream. If you make it 12….13-16 yell!

NCAAB spends days and weeks arguing “first four out” or “last four in” who get sent to the NIT.

If ALA beats GA does TX get in? Or ALA? Or both with FSU out even if they win? Louisville stunk it up down the stretch. They are not even as good as a Missouri.

Probably no way the SEC winner does not get in. SEC is considered “the best”. Even when they really aren’t. GA got a free ride all year because Ohio state pushed a 41yd FG wide.

It’s difficult as no one plays the same teams. The suits do what they can I suppose? Keeps everyone interested for sure. It’s now 100% NFL minor leauges. No more pretending about going to class. Big paychecks to players.

? Because they ran the score up on #18 Ok St? FSU is playing #14 Louisville and are already ranked higher than Texas. Texas needs help if they are going to get in.
No because Texas beat bama at bama. Fsu is in if they win.

Ok. So if Alabama wins, the committee is either leaving the SEC champ out or the 2 time defending national champ who has 1 loss over the last 2 seasons……. So that FSU who plays in what everyone knows is a greatly inferior ACC who is for sure playing their backup QB and possibly their 3rd sting. Im sure that’s what will happen.

Yeah...it's still a team sport. Georgia replaced their QB this year and didn't miss a beat. If Alabama beats UGA...and FSU and Michigan win...it will probably be Washington, Alabama, FSU, and Michigan.

College teams replace 25% of their roster each year. The fact that UGA is the defending champ doesn't really matter.

Forum List

Back