Navy SEAL commander dies in training accident....

maybelooking

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2021

My best friend has served on team 5, 7, and 8. I got this news yesterday before it was released by the media. Please say a prayer for this man and his family. This just sucks.

As civilians sometimes we are all guilty of forgetting just how dangerous training is for these guys. Ive seen some live fire training in person (from a very safe distance) and its some serious shit.

Thank you Commander for your service and sacrifice. Your children will grow up knowing their father was the best among us.

My best friend has served on team 5, 7, and 8. I got this news yesterday before it was released by the media. Please say a prayer for this man and his family. This just sucks.

As civilians sometimes we are all guilty of forgetting just how dangerous training is for these guys. Ive seen some live fire training in person (from a very safe distance) and its some serious shit.

Thank you Commander for your service and sacrifice. Your children will grow up knowing their father was the best among us.

This is so sad..

maybelooking
I agree. Not many know what it takes to become a Navy SEAL.

They have no idea what hell week is or how many ring that bell.

The commander probably fast roped out of a helo a thousand times. This time he fell. I'm sure they will investigate to find out just why he fell.

God speed to that very good man. RIP

Fast Roping is a better way of insertion than repelling in my opinion.
I noticed that some guys wrap their arm around the rope and it burns the crap out of your arm when you slide down 50-80 feet on a fastrope.
I always hung onto the rope with only my hands and my feet. My feet are the brake and my hands control the slide.
You aren't snapped in like you are when repelling. You have to hang on.

Let go....and you're going to fall. This is why I always wore two sets of gloves, because you burn your hands with only one pair on. I've fastroped with a 110lb ruck before....and you have to really kick back during your decent or you're going to end up in a heap at the bottom.

Bullshit. As if god, who does not exist, was actually watching the accident and did nothing. Intelligent people will boycott this infantile residue from Neolithic theology, because your medical guru and POSPOTUS both belong to religion’s protection racket. Nothing fails like prayer. F y’all dangerous psychopaths just the same.

Bullshit. As if god, who does not exist, was actually watching the accident and did nothing. Intelligent people will boycott this infantile residue from Neolithic theology, because your medical guru and POSPOTUS both belong to religion’s protection racket. Nothing fails like prayer. F y’all dangerous psychopaths just the same.

WTF?

Are you on your period? What's with the emotional outburst?

Bin laden was also fucked up on the lord and protection-racketism. The gayer-than-gay theologian pimp likes to set back and watch the puppets dance in the carnage, seeking passion twixt themselves. Even the females of religion’s disease are given the same illusory imaginative image so that the pathology appears more acceptible and less violent than it truly is. As the Chinese say, if the fall is feminine, the winter is positively effeminate. Those liberated from such disease, have better things to do.

And I have better things to do than have an exchange with a POS so welcome to ignore BITCH.

Fast Roping is a better way of insertion than repelling in my opinion.
I noticed that some guys wrap their arm around the rope and it burns the crap out of your arm when you slide down 50-80 feet on a fastrope.
I always hung onto the rope with only my hands and my feet. My feet are the brake and my hands control the slide.
You aren't snapped in like you are when repelling. You have to hang on.

Let go....and you're going to fall. This is why I always wore two sets of gloves, because you burn your hands with only one pair on. I've fastroped with a 110lb ruck before....and you have to really kick back during your decent or you're going to end up in a heap at the bottom.
Thanks for your service.

Ive seen a video of my buddy fast roping where he was wearing a helmet cam. Thats as close as I ever want to get to that shit!!!!! Takes serious courage.

Thanks for your service.

Ive seen a video of my buddy fast roping where he was wearing a helmet cam. Thats as close as I ever want to get to that shit!!!!! Takes serious courage.
It takes guts to just use your hands and feet.....and guys fall alot when they try sliding down like a fireman. The natural impulse is just hang on as tight as you can.
I learned this is a great way to get killed.

330px-Defense.gov_News_Photo_080518-M-7519G-088.jpg
255px-thumbnail.jpg

Wrong

338px-US_Army_160th_SOAR_with_FRIES_insert_a_Ranger_team.jpg

Correct

aaaaaaaand you are on ignore.

Did you have head trauma?

Why don't you go plug that bleeding hole called your mouth.......

Forum List

Back