NASA: ‘There’s a Chance’ of Alien Life Out There, But it Hasn’t Visited Earth

As soon as It was "able"? You now what conditions make genesi "able"? Do share...
Liquid water, bearable temperatures. This isn't rocket surgery. You can look this up. Yes, what a coincidence that it happened right when it was able. And not later, and never again. :rolleyes:

Those are known facts, and you embarrass yourself to call them "whimsical". You have attempted this goofy characterization several times now, and it does not help your case or credibility.
Liquid water you say? How bout that!? I've got shit loads! So... What were the properties of this water? You know... Ph, salinity, what minerals were suspended in it...? Do tell us some of the facts you claim to have offered. You have my attention.
Bearable temperatures, you say...? Hmmm... Could we trouble you for those temperatures by any chance? You know... Since you're operating off of the "facts" and all... I'm curious. Educate me.
And you now know that it never happened again; when you previously claimed it could have, but was certainly eaten if it did. Could you direct me to those findings as well.
I'll ask why you aren't touring the circuit, while waiting for your Nobel later. But for now; answers to these so few questions will suffice. Shouldn't be too hard. Since... You know... They're facts, and all..
But what you propose is even more insane.

If we proved every solar system eventually produces life wouldn’t you just say only a god could be behind it?
I highly doubt, (even categorically deny every solar system could/would) produce life.
The chances that I'd be so incurious as to chalk up the "why", to mythology, is even less...
Nonsense. Take for example our solar system. If there was once life on mars and if there is life in Europa, that would prove life is probably in every solar system. Or would you now say this entire solar system is gods chosen solar system?

And if You look and see no life that doesn’t mean there wasn’t life before or maybe it hasn’t formed yet.
I love the space program. We have spent countless billions on unmanned spacecraft and landers on Mars. You'd think we would find a molecule.

Off this rock because if we stay here we will eventually be doomed.

I'll stay right here or go live on a nice space station. This is the best place to be for us. The more I discuss science with my anti-science "friends," the more I realize that we may never become multiplanetary. We, as a race, will face the extinction event right here on Earth. Of course, we even disagree on what causes the extinction. Atheist scientists think it will be climate change while most creation scientists think it will be a gamma ray burst setting the Earth on fire as described in the final days.

Here is video describing the various scenarios:

I watched a Star Trek movie where they had an artificial planet. The enterprise flew into a docking station. The planet was not round but there was a round ozone around the entire thing. Inside you could breathe air. There were several huge slabs of land the size of cities where people lived but they weren’t separated by oceans. I could see building one of these as a backup to earth. It would orbit the same distance from the sun we are but it would be half way around the sun. On the other side. We would build this using material from the meteor belt.

Liquid water, bearable temperatures. This isn't rocket surgery. You can look this up. Yes, what a coincidence that it happened right when it was able. And not later, and never again. :rolleyes:

Those are known facts, and you embarrass yourself to call them "whimsical". You have attempted this goofy characterization several times now, and it does not help your case or credibility.
Liquid water you say? How bout that!? I've got shit loads! So... What were the properties of this water? You know... Ph, salinity, what minerals were suspended in it...? Do tell us some of the facts you claim to have offered. You have my attention.
Bearable temperatures, you say...? Hmmm... Could we trouble you for those temperatures by any chance? You know... Since you're operating off of the "facts" and all... I'm curious. Educate me.
And you now know that it never happened again; when you previously claimed it could have, but was certainly eaten if it did. Could you direct me to those findings as well.
I'll ask why you aren't touring the circuit, while waiting for your Nobel later. But for now; answers to these so few questions will suffice. Shouldn't be too hard. Since... You know... They're facts, and all..
But what you propose is even more insane.

If we proved every solar system eventually produces life wouldn’t you just say only a god could be behind it?
I highly doubt, (even categorically deny every solar system could/would) produce life.
The chances that I'd be so incurious as to chalk up the "why", to mythology, is even less...
Nonsense. Take for example our solar system. If there was once life on mars and if there is life in Europa, that would prove life is probably in every solar system. Or would you now say this entire solar system is gods chosen solar system?

And if You look and see no life that doesn’t mean there wasn’t life before or maybe it hasn’t formed yet.
I love the space program. We have spent countless billions on unmanned spacecraft and landers on Mars. You'd think we would find a molecule.
We are looking. But yea I agree hurry up and find out. I’m impatient too. I think the lander that just landed is looking.

And we landed on a meteor recently right? Maybe that ice will be carrying tardigrades.

Some want to go drill into Europa and put a submarine into its oceans.

There are scientists begging republican politicians for the money to go look but they say no. It’s as if they don’t want their bible thumping constituents to know

No,
They're Trying To Save You From Yourself

Who Are You Going To Force To Go To Mars
Let Alone Jupiter
Anyone Claiming They Want To Go
Hasn't Thought Anything Through
And Knows They Will Never Have Too

The idea that any significant number of our species could migrate through space to another planet or such is pure fantasy.

I'll stay right here or go live on a nice space station. This is the best place to be for us. The more I discuss science with my anti-science "friends," the more I realize that we may never become multiplanetary. We, as a race, will face the extinction event right here on Earth. Of course, we even disagree on what causes the extinction. Atheist scientists think it will be climate change while most creation scientists think it will be a gamma ray burst setting the Earth on fire as described in the final days.

I watched a Star Trek movie where they had an artificial planet. The enterprise flew into a docking station. The planet was not round but there was a round ozone around the entire thing. Inside you could breathe air. There were several huge slabs of land the size of cities where people lived but they weren’t separated by oceans. I could see building one of these as a backup to earth. It would orbit the same distance from the sun we are but it would be half way around the sun. On the other side. We would build this using material from the meteor belt.

Yeah, the people who work on the ISS must've thought of these things. Do they float around inside or did they create some kind of gravity so they can walk upright?

Yeah, the people who work on the ISS must've thought of these things. Do they float around inside or did they create some kind of gravity so they can walk upright?

On Star Trek the inside was the exact atmosphere as here on earth. There was a man made ozone protecting and surrounding the man made planet.

I bet future humans could accomplish this. You don’t believe it?

Imagine what people 500 years ago would think about everything we can do today. They wouldn’t believe. Now think about what people will have accomplished 500 years from now. We wouldn’t believe it either.

sealybobo said:
Nope
Nothing Even Comes Close To Creating A Habitable Planet

Imagine what people 500 years ago would think about everything we can do today. They wouldn’t believe. Now think about what people will have accomplished 500 years from now. We wouldn’t believe it either.
Ah, Yes
The Ol' Catch-All "Future Technology" Myth

Catch This:
There Will Never Even Be
A Continually Manned Station On Mars
Give Up Everything, To Have Nothing
Forget Jupiter Altogether

On Star Trek the inside was the exact atmosphere as here on earth. There was a man made ozone protecting and surrounding the man made planet.

We should be able to make an ozone layer, i.e. gaseous layer, but not sure how we get it up high into the stratosphere. You really don't want the air pollution near the surface. In a self-contained space station, theoretically we can create a force similar to gravity even though it wouldn't be exactly gravity. Gravity is still a mystery as it only attracts. Everything else has an equal and opposite force except gravity.

We should be able to make an ozone layer, i.e. gaseous layer, but not sure how we get it up high into the stratosphere. You really don't want the air pollution near the surface. In a self-contained space station, theoretically we can create a force similar to gravity even though it wouldn't be exactly gravity. Gravity is still a mystery as it only attracts. Everything else has an equal and opposite force except gravity.

Clones drones robots and artificial intelligence will build it for us. We can be in the robots body just put the goggles on in your chair bam you’re running the robot around mars. Virtual reality but the robot is doing everything you do. We already have this technology.

We don’t even have to send humans till it’s done.

Imagine having a small moon size artificial planet circling the sun same as earth only it’s on the other side so they’ll never run into each other. The fake planet can be moved back or speed up so it will never hit earth.

And if a meteor ever wiped out life on earth the people on the fake planet could recolonize earth.

Clones drones robots and artificial intelligence will build it for us. We can be in the robots body just put the goggles on in your chair bam you’re running the robot around mars. Virtual reality but the robot is doing everything you do. We already have this technology.

Mars isn't a nice destination. It has no ozone layer like we talked about and no magnetic field. The solar wind is a killer, so probably do not want to send humans there, but NASA is planning to do so. All to find a microbe or evidence of past life there. It's not worth it when we know there are no aliens there and there never were.

Mars isn't a nice destination. It has no ozone layer like we talked about and no magnetic field. The solar wind is a killer, so probably do not want to send humans there, but NASA is planning to do so. All to find a microbe or evidence of past life there. It's not worth it when we know there are no aliens there and there never were.
Maybe there was once. We don't know that there weren't.

So... What were the properties of this water? You know... Ph, salinity, what minerals were suspended in it...?
And why would this matter? I am not your assistant or your mommy or your science teacher. Make your point. If you have a point, you can make it yourself without my help.

And you now know that it never happened again
No i don't,and neither do you. It may have before and since and even right now. You keep trying to get away with interjecting your spurious, arbitrary claims as fact, while I merely have to rely on known facts to present a simpler explanation supported by all the evidence.

We have no evidence that demonstrates that earth is capable of producing life, or ever had been.
Of course we do, the fact that life is here is evidence of this. And the conditions and materials required all existed and exist here. More evidence. In other words, all the evidence we have ever found. Yet again, you dance amd prance and make these grand, spurious claims as fact when, in fact, these ideas are your burden to argue. That's a snake oil salesmen trick older than dirt.

Forum List

Back