NASA Historical Announcement: More than 1,200 new planets that could hold life found

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
NASA HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT: More than 1,200 new planets that could hold life found

Kepler-452-668945.jpg

According to Einstein, it is impossible to move faster than the speed of light, so chances are, mankind will not ever visit any of these planets. God put them there for us to admire from a distance, not to have as our own.

And I think that's probably for the best, because if there are intelligent creatures there, the planet belongs to them, and they don't need arrogant Earthlings conquering them, stealing their land, and putting them on reservations.

Knowing liberals if we ever find intelegent life they would want to send money.

The OP is total nonsense. Neither NASA nor anyone else has identified any planets that could sustain any form of life that we would recognize. With the need for moderate temperature, an atmosphere, protection from meteors (provided by Jupiter for earth), water, oxygen, and the absence of lethal chemicals which are abundant in the universe...

The chances of another planet sufficiently like earth is billions and billions to one.

The OP is total nonsense. Neither NASA nor anyone else has identified any planets that could sustain any form of life that we would recognize. With the need for moderate temperature, an atmosphere, protection from meteors (provided by Jupiter for earth), water, oxygen, and the absence of lethal chemicals which are abundant in the universe...

The chances of another planet sufficiently like earth is billions and billions to one.

There's at least a estimated 300 billion planets in our galaxy alone...I've found at least 8 that are decent candidates already. G667cc, Kepler 62e, Kepler 442b, Kepler 452b to name a few. The odds aint against it. ;)

The title of course isn't accurate. Only a few I expect of these planets today could be habitual.

First of all, don't discount life not as we know it. Second, given the number of stars and planets just in our galaxy, there is a good chance that there are many other life bearing planets in our galaxy.

Third, Einstein's Theory is our present state of knowledge. And there are plenty of phenomena that are unexplained by that theory. As in Quantum Physics. I expect down the road a ways we will achieve a more complete understanding of the universe. We will then be able to get around "C"? Damned if I know.

There's at least a estimated 300 billion planets in our galaxy alone...I've found at least 8 that are decent candidates already. G667cc, Kepler 62e, Kepler 442b, Kepler 452b to name a few. The odds aint against it. ;)

The title of course isn't accurate. Only a few I expect of these planets today could be habitual.

I've heard the estimates of total worlds to be even as high as in the trillions when factoring in rocky moons orbiting a gas giant in the parent star's habitable zone.

If you treated this news like Global Warming these kooks would say that scientists were paid to find planets!

First of all, don't discount life not as we know it. Second, given the number of stars and planets just in our galaxy, there is a good chance that there are many other life bearing planets in our galaxy.

Third, Einstein's Theory is our present state of knowledge. And there are plenty of phenomena that are unexplained by that theory. As in Quantum Physics. I expect down the road a ways we will achieve a more complete understanding of the universe. We will then be able to get around "C"? Damned if I know.

Imagine finding Terrans inhabiting the Orion cluster. Could be why they're ignoring us in the first place. lol

that's assuming carbon based life is the only form, isn't it?

Forum List

Back