My World Cup Prediction

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So the other day a friend of mine we were discussing the Brasil vs Belgium game, we both agree that Belgium have been excellent in every game they have played in this World Cup, but also agree that they are untested at this advanced stage of a World Cup against one of the major World Cup teams so we did not know how they would deal with the Brasil game.

At FT Brasil 1 Belgium 2, I know the first Belgium goal was the o.g. by Fernandinho, but it was in the FH and Brasil was unable to over come this early error, there was no fight back from them even when Kevin De Bruyne scored that excellent second goal for Belgium approx 15 minutes after the Fernandinho o.g. Brasil could only manage to get a goal at 76 minutes with Renato Augusto, this leave 14 minutes plus added time for Brasil to get another goal to get the game into E.T. and they failed to do this.

So my World Cup Prediction this I work on how well Belgium have played from game one and all subsequent games including the win against Brasil.

If Belgium beat France on Tuesday then I am predicting that for the first time EVER Belgium will win the World Cup.

I gave up on this when Russia beat Spain on penalty kicks after Spain dominated that game.

I gave up on this when Russia beat Spain on penalty kicks after Spain dominated that game.

Dominating isn't the aim of the game. It's getting the ball in the back of the net.

It's why soccer is very popular, you never know what's going to happen.

My prediction is that if Belgium win the final, they'll be the World Cup winners.

• Banned

I have never been a fan of the Penalty Shoot Out, this because I have watched many games where the best team in the 90 minutes and also in E.T. then lose in the Penalty Shoot Out, it is just luck who wins, one team on luck.

I think if after E.T. it still is a draw then they should then have a Replay, they used to do this many years before I was born in World Cup's they used to have Replays if after E.T. it still was a draw, so they could do this again, say approx 4 days after the Final, they have a Replay to decide who wins. The 1934 World Cup held in Italy they had to have Replay of the Second Quarter Final this after E.T. was Italy 1 Spain 1 and no Penalty Shoot Outs, also no days off to recover, the Replay happen the next day June 1 1934 and at FT it was Italy 1 Spain 0, the only goal scored at approx 11 minutes into the FH by Giuseppe Meazza, he was a very famous player for Inter Milan and also Juventus, he managed Inter Milan for several years in the 1950s.

The Penalty Shoot Out to decide the game, this was only established in 1970 and FIFA established this for ALL Cup games including the European Championships, but the first World Cup to experience a game to be decided after a draw with a Penalty Shoot Out this the 1982 World Cup which was in Spain and it was the Second Semi Final after E.T. it was West Germany 3 France 3 and then the Penalty Shoot Out and the result was West Germany 5 France 4. This was the game that feature one of the most notorious and violent happenings in a World Cup that when Goalkeeper Harald Schumacher take out France's Patrick Battison and the Referee gave no foul, Battison unconscious on the pitch ALL players thought he was dead, oxygen brought onto the pitch etc Battison severely injured and he spent months in a coma, he taken to hospital and the game continue. IMHO Schumacher should have been Red Carded for this attack.

Here is video footage of the Schumacher-Battison incident at the 1982 World Cup during the Second Semi Final:

Dominating isn't the aim of the game. It's getting the ball in the back of the net.

My prediction is that if Belgium win the final, they'll be the World Cup winners.
I know what is going to happen. Bayern will score in minute 89 and win. And it was never different.

• Banned

Football is a game of Defend and Attack, also a game of Possession ie. Domination, if Team A can dominate the game by keeping the majority of ball possession that of course limits Team B the ability to score, it though takes one mistake for Team A to lose possession of the ball giving Team B the opportunity to score this depending on how well Team A can counter in Defence. I think you should watch France vs Belgium it will be an interesting game, perhaps not big in amount of goals but technically interesting to observe.

Yes, I understand the point of the game.

I have never been a fan of the Penalty Shoot Out, this because I have watched many games where the best team in the 90 minutes and also in E.T. then lose in the Penalty Shoot Out, it is just luck who wins, one team on luck.

I think if after E.T. it still is a draw then they should then have a Replay, they used to do this many years before I was born in World Cup's they used to have Replays if after E.T. it still was a draw, so they could do this again, say approx 4 days after the Final, they have a Replay to decide who wins. The 1934 World Cup held in Italy they had to have Replay of the Second Quarter Final this after E.T. was Italy 1 Spain 1 and no Penalty Shoot Outs, also no days off to recover, the Replay happen the next day June 1 1934 and at FT it was Italy 1 Spain 0, the only goal scored at approx 11 minutes into the FH by Giuseppe Meazza, he was a very famous player for Inter Milan and also Juventus, he managed Inter Milan for several years in the 1950s.

The Penalty Shoot Out to decide the game, this was only established in 1970 and FIFA established this for ALL Cup games including the European Championships, but the first World Cup to experience a game to be decided after a draw with a Penalty Shoot Out this the 1982 World Cup which was in Spain and it was the Second Semi Final after E.T. it was West Germany 3 France 3 and then the Penalty Shoot Out and the result was West Germany 5 France 4. This was the game that feature one of the most notorious and violent happenings in a World Cup that when Goalkeeper Harald Schumacher take out France's Patrick Battison and the Referee gave no foul, Battison unconscious on the pitch ALL players thought he was dead, oxygen brought onto the pitch etc Battison severely injured and he spent months in a coma, he taken to hospital and the game continue. IMHO Schumacher should have been Red Carded for this attack.

Here is video footage of the Schumacher-Battison incident at the 1982 World Cup during the Second Semi Final:

The whole thing I dislike about the penalty kick is the fact that it boils down to a wrong guess.

The kicker has only to slightly alter the kick as the goal commits to one side or the other. That is how Spain lost. The goal guesses the wrong direction on just the one shot and their entire cup run was ended.

I get the concept of sudden death but that is just the wrong way. My opinion of course. I like the old way you described. This way, talent will more often than not, win out.

And Brazil was missing their 2nd best player in the loss to Belgium thanks to Soccer having some of the stupidest rules in all of sports. PK's being another one.

Football is a game of Defend and Attack, also a game of Possession ie. Domination, if Team A can dominate the game by keeping the majority of ball possession that of course limits Team B the ability to score, it though takes one mistake for Team A to lose possession of the ball giving Team B the opportunity to score this depending on how well Team A can counter in Defence. I think you should watch France vs Belgium it will be an interesting game, perhaps not big in amount of goals but technically interesting to observe.
Yes, and that was on full demonstration in the Spain v Russia game. Russia's defense was very disciplined. I was impressed by how well they managed to keep Spain at bay, and they're one goal came as you described it. Spain made a mistake that was capitalized on. I enjoyed the game, just not the ending. lol

And Brazil was missing their 2nd best player in the loss to Belgium thanks to Soccer having some of the stupidest rules in all of sports. PK's being another one.
I can't talk directly to the suggestion thing as I don't know what the Brazil player had done. Really, My interest in World futbol extends to the World Cup. I don't follow it avidly.

Which player would that be then?

And which stupid rule would that be?

Do you mean the two yellow cards ban? Well, if they didn't break the rules, they wouldn't have been suspended, neither of them is Brazil's second best player though.

Penalties are not a great way of ending things. But something needs to be decided. It'd be much worse to play a replay, it'd make the players so tired they'd lose their next match anyway.

I know what is going to happen. Bayern will score in minute 89 and win. And it was never different.

Well, Bayern have a stranglehold of the German league just like Real and Barca do in Spain. It makes it less interesting.

I used to go watch Augsburg play at their old stadium. I got the feeling all the fans were only there because they couldn't get Bayern tickets.

Well, Bayern have a stranglehold of the German league just like Real and Barca do in Spain. It makes it less interesting.

I used to go watch Augsburg play at their old stadium. I got the feeling all the fans were only there because they couldn't get Bayern tickets.
Soccer-People then go to the Rheinenergiestadion or the Veltins Arena (no actual Veltins available) and watch the moving advertising panels on and around the field. The inevitable large scale police operation is the burden of the tax payer, though.

Last edited:
Croatia will win it.
REGRETTABLY THEY WERE BEATEN BY THE FRENCH CHEATING AS USUAL,DIVING AND THE LIKE FRANCE4 V2 CROATIA WITH 3 MINUTES TO GO...CROATIA DESERVED TO WIN

France didn't cheat - but they did get lucky when a Croatian player scored a goal for them with the head bounce.
France has been lucky because Cavani does not play being hurt as well as Meunier but it takes luck too to succeed.
For the final I found they were nervous but France is a higher level than Croatia as England is too also the English could have won against the croatia, I'm sorry for Tilly I like her a lot.

Croatia will win it.
REGRETTABLY THEY WERE BEATEN BY THE FRENCH CHEATING AS USUAL,DIVING AND THE LIKE FRANCE4 V2 CROATIA WITH 3 MINUTES TO GO...CROATIA DESERVED TO WIN

France didn't cheat - but they did get lucky when a Croatian player scored a goal for them with the head bounce.
France has been lucky because Cavani does not play being hurt as well as Meunier but it takes luck too to succeed.
For the final I found they were nervous but France is a higher level than Croatia as England is too also the English could have won against the croatia, I'm sorry for Tilly I like her a lot.
England What!!!!! Only had 6 shots on Goal from field play throughout the whole tournament,,,how they managed to get to the Semi-Final is the Height of Boredom.....Awful

Forum List

Back