My wifes transmission went out today.

That's not uncommon. Same with my wife.

The 3-4 clutch has failed. It's a typical problem on that type of trans (4L60). I've already got it apart, and I'm gonna start rebuilding it tomorrow. Since I can do it all myself, maybe 500 worth of parts and all.

I envy you, Mike, I worked on a juice-box once and swore I would never do it again. Give me a manual any day of the week and I am a happy camper.

The 3-4 clutch has failed. It's a typical problem on that type of trans (4L60). I've already got it apart, and I'm gonna start rebuilding it tomorrow. Since I can do it all myself, maybe 500 worth of parts and all.

I envy you, Mike, I worked on a juice-box once and swore I would never do it again. Give me a manual any day of the week and I am a happy camper.
Thanks. It took a long time to learn how to do it, on the order of 5 years before I felt truly confidant. Now, I've done it for thirty years and I think I have just about had enough!

Funny thing though, people through the years would ask me if it's hard to learn how to rebuild automatic transmissions and I would always reply that no, it was not. What was hard was learning how the fix the goddamn thing after you rebuilt it and it didn't work! LOL!

Forum List

Back