My Story with Van Halen

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
In the early days it was cool. I did not really like David's contention with the Navy, but I did not think it was going to amount to much. Eventually, Dave got to be a bit too flamboyant for where Van Halen was going. I tried to caution him, but he just kept going with his silly antics. Eventually, with the help of Valerie, I got him to go, and I brought in Sammy. I was very confident that Sammy would be what we had with Van Halen - a solid rock and roll party. And then he could not control his ego, and I was at a loss - I quit them as well.

Then they got what was his name, and I was definitely gone. They thought they could do things without me. :auiqs.jpg:

This story from Sammy is nothing but BS - don't believe it. He has never been a conservative - he watches and masturbates to Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon every night. He is sick in the head. Just look at him - miserable.

Last edited:
I never thought they were that great, any of them. They just had a distinctive gimmick that was marketed well and sold.

I got to see them in 1982 -- the Diver / Fair Warning tour...
Great show...Alex's drums sounded amazing - in Richfield Coliseum where the Cavs used to play -- 20,000 plus were on their feet the whole night pretty much.
1618111727922.png

did you know?

Van Halen's label wanted them to change their name after Sammy joined. Wow, what a profoundly stupid idea

Forum List

Back