My Solution to Address North Korea Provocations

What happened to America first? Let China and Japan deal with N.Korea. We fought N.Korea before and was a failure. Why repeat history?

You hypocrites scream America first when it comes to Muslim refugees but love making war and destruction. Typical republican way.

And what right do we have to tell another country what weapon they can have? Who are we? We are still the only country on Earth to actually have nuked another country. No other country has commited such a heinous act.

We can't sit on our hands like Obama did for (8) years. Under his watch he allowed Iran and NK to continue their development of nuclear weapons thus putting America in harms way.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

But first, we must take steps to mitigate loss of life in South Korea.

If NK launches, or conduct other ballistic/nuclear test, our order of progression should be;

1- We officially notify North Korea of our intent to destroy their assets relative to nuclear and ballistic development. Our response will be carried out if they conduct (1) more missile launch or test of any kind

2- We start the immediate evacuation (voluntary) of the South Korea. Yes, this will be a logistic nightmare beyond all compare. Hopefully, other Nations (certainly) our allies will assist in this massive operation.

3- Move our military troops off the Korean peninsula to an area where our rapid response, via airborne paratroopers, can be delivered. Ground invasion to follow

4- Move multiple Naval battle groups to the area for a massive conventional strike

We have to do something. The result of inaction WILL cost more lives than a pre-emptive strike.

We are at the crossroads and history will be our judge

-Geaux
North Korea has developed nuclear capabilities as a deterrent, as has every other country with nukes. What our allies in the area, South Korea and Japan, want is for US to stop provoking THEM further with increased saber rattling on our side of the border. This fuels NK's determination to protect itself. NK is not so unreasonable as to carry out a nuclear strike, since it would be suicide. US, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, Israel, India and Pakistan all have nuclear weapons. Are we having the vapors over any of them?
I think it would be wonderful if the nations of the world, working in unison, could dissuade NK from proceeding with its nuclear weapons program. I fear it's too late for that and what to do now is to approach them as a country that does, indeed, have nukes. Bring them back into the global discussion; show them how growing their nation's prosperity would be more helpful than fostering global destruction.
The problem with your scenario is that when it comes to nations like the US, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, Israel, India and Pakistan, they are headed by governments that recognize the extreme seriousness of the weapons they possess and thus keep them as a deterrent.
BUT, with North Korea, its government has openly stated that they intend to sell nuclear weapons to literally, any agency that wishes to buy them, thus you have the very high likelihood that they will sell to terrorist organizations that make it clear to North Korea that blowing up US cities is their intent.
Sitting back and treating North Korea as a somewhat rational government is expecting too much.

Attacking North Korea at this advanced stage of their nuclear weapon's development would be counterproductive.

As far as I can tell all N. Korea wants is to exist and not be obliterated. We could strike a bargain, they don't sell and we don't attack and life goes on.

Kim Jong Un puts great store in the security N. Korea enjoys as long as it has nukes.
He uses as a reference what happened to Libya and Iraq after relinquishing their nuke programs.

I think, as a related matter, that Iran should not be allowed to attain a nuke capability, their objectives are much different than N. Korea's.

We can't sit on our hands like Obama did for (8) years. Under his watch he allowed Iran and NK to continue their development of nuclear weapons thus putting America in harms way.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

If NK launches, or conduct other ballistic/nuclear test, our order of progression should be;

1- We officially notify North Korea of our intent to destroy their assets relative to nuclear and ballistic development. Our response will be carried out if they conduct (1) more missile launch or test of any kind

2- We start the immediate evacuation (voluntary) of the South Korea. Yes, this will be a logistic nightmare beyond all compare. Hopefully, other Nations (certainly) our allies will assist in this massive operation.

3- Move our military troops off the Korean peninsula to an area where our rapid response, via airborne paratroopers, can be delivered. Ground invasion to follow

4- Move multiple Naval battle groups to the area for a massive conventional strike

We have to do something. The result of inaction WILL cost more lives than a pre-emptive strike.

-Geaux

So what do you think NK is going to be doing for the year or more it will take for the preparations you list? You think they will wait until after the entire country of South Korea is evacuated before they attack? Yours is one of the more childish ideas I have heard, but it sounds exactly like something Trump would try.

I hope it provoked them into doing something more stupid, thus providing us unquestionable justification for retaliation

-Geaux

The nutter mind at work. Let's do something to provoke an enemy to act so we can justify the deaths of a million people.

Perfect.

North Korea has developed nuclear capabilities as a deterrent, as has every other country with nukes. What our allies in the area, South Korea and Japan, want is for US to stop provoking THEM further with increased saber rattling on our side of the border. This fuels NK's determination to protect itself. NK is not so unreasonable as to carry out a nuclear strike, since it would be suicide. US, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, Israel, India and Pakistan all have nuclear weapons. Are we having the vapors over any of them?
I think it would be wonderful if the nations of the world, working in unison, could dissuade NK from proceeding with its nuclear weapons program. I fear it's too late for that and what to do now is to approach them as a country that does, indeed, have nukes. Bring them back into the global discussion; show them how growing their nation's prosperity would be more helpful than fostering global destruction.
N. Korea is using their nukes to blackmail other countries into giving them stuff.
It's the only reason they have them .
We aren't a threat to them.
Now, imagine what will happen when Iran gets nukes. They can shut down oil coming from the Middle-East. The Sauds control 40% of our refining capabilities. America would become a 3rd world country in a matter of weeks.
Little Kim only has one course of action. Blackmail us into electing a Democrat that will take it in the ass and give him anything he wants.

If it;s a matter of giving things to our enemies, Trump is the one asking for a list of things he can give Russia. No reason to believe he wouldn't give the same stuff to Korea if they agreed to do a few business deals with him.
A Trump-Putin meeting is happening next week in Germany
Report: Trump Wants List of 'Deliverables' to Offer Putin
Yeah.....Trump is also taking millions in donations from Russian interests and getting a cool mil for giving a speech.....just lke Hillary...

You idiots will believe anything the fake news tells you.

I'll wait until after the investigation to decide how much Trump is getting from Russia, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot.
CNN already admitted that the Russian collusion story was fake news.

Wake the fuck up.

No. They did not.

N. Korea is using their nukes to blackmail other countries into giving them stuff.
It's the only reason they have them .
We aren't a threat to them.
Now, imagine what will happen when Iran gets nukes. They can shut down oil coming from the Middle-East. The Sauds control 40% of our refining capabilities. America would become a 3rd world country in a matter of weeks.
Little Kim only has one course of action. Blackmail us into electing a Democrat that will take it in the ass and give him anything he wants.

If it;s a matter of giving things to our enemies, Trump is the one asking for a list of things he can give Russia. No reason to believe he wouldn't give the same stuff to Korea if they agreed to do a few business deals with him.
A Trump-Putin meeting is happening next week in Germany
Report: Trump Wants List of 'Deliverables' to Offer Putin
Yeah.....Trump is also taking millions in donations from Russian interests and getting a cool mil for giving a speech.....just lke Hillary...

You idiots will believe anything the fake news tells you.

I'll wait until after the investigation to decide how much Trump is getting from Russia, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot.
CNN already admitted that the Russian collusion story was fake news.

Wake the fuck up.

You keep posting that crap. You got a credible link?

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux
Yeah! We've threatened to nuke NK and turn them to ashes countless times haven't we? If KIM nukes us, this blood will be on liberals hands!

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux
Yeah! We've threatened to nuke NK and turn them to ashes countless times haven't we? If KIM nukes us, this blood will be on liberals hands!

Hell Mikey. You could offer to blow him.

Trump could take him to a strip club and work on developing a friendship with Kim! Maybe then he'll give up his hatred of America and wish for the same for his people.

Stop being so serious about this kid as he likes pussy and probably getting drunk!

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux

So, are you willing to go to war with China? Yes or no would do, but an explanation of why, would do better.

I am definitely am not willing to take a nuke on the chin within the United States

-Geaux

So why does North Korea want to nuke the US? Why not Mexico? Why not Australia? Why the US?

Maybe this is a lesson for America to learn, if you don't go around annoying people, then they won't want to nuke you.

Anyway, North Korea almost certainly wants nukes to stop the US having the capabilities to invade North Korea.

Before starting any war we should first raise taxes by at least 10% and stock up our military to provide the best chances for our gallant men and women. Lets not go into this like Iraq with a morass of supply shortages. I know many here will say reallocate our spending but be realistic, Congress has no backbone to cut programs. All one has to do is look at Obamacare. With Russia and China on the other side perhaps we should make that a 20% increase? And re-implement the draft. Speaking to a co-workers son on leave from Iraq during its first few years, moral was sort of crappy for the service folks as they heard stories of contract personnel in safer support roles that were hauling in 6 figure incomes.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux
Missiles will be falling on South Korea the day we notify NK that we're going to destroy their missile and nuclear development. Remember as far as NK is concerned we're still at war. There was no peace treaty.

If we're going to attack, we do it exactly the way the North did in 1950, unprovoked attack with no warning. NK was communist and SK was capitalist in 1950. Kim Il Sung got permission from Stalin to attack in order to unite the country.

Kim Jong-un believes the only viable future for his country lies in a modern nuclear strike force. If we try to take that away he will order an all out strike on the South. If he has the nuclear weapons and missiles ready to go, he will certainly launch them. The US has 90,000 US military personnel and dependents in Japan only 600 to 700 miles from NK and 28,000 in South Korea located from 0 to 40 miles from the DMZ. War would be a blood bath with huge military and civilian causalities.

What happened to America first? Let China and Japan deal with N.Korea. We fought N.Korea before and was a failure. Why repeat history?

You hypocrites scream America first when it comes to Muslim refugees but love making war and destruction. Typical republican way.

And what right do we have to tell another country what weapon they can have? Who are we? We are still the only country on Earth to actually have nuked another country. No other country has commited such a heinous act.
NK is threatening the US and South Korea, not China or Japan. China and NK have a long history of friendly relations and trade. In fact, they have a mutual defense treaty.

He is essentially holding the Korean Peninsula and Japan hostage. Any overt act could provoke him.

Unless China decisively intervenes against Kim, the United States will ultimately be forced to make a unilateral, unfortunate and necessary decision.
I told voters electing Republicans means another couple wars. Oh well. We voted for them so we can't complain when they take us to war again. We haven't learned our lesson.

Why don't we practice shooting his missles out of the sky. He shoots them off we shoot them down. 10 miles out at sea. Surround the fucker and perfect our technology on his missles.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux

So, are you willing to go to war with China? Yes or no would do, but an explanation of why, would do better.

I am definitely am not willing to take a nuke on the chin within the United States

-Geaux

So why does North Korea want to nuke the US? Why not Mexico? Why not Australia? Why the US?

Maybe this is a lesson for America to learn, if you don't go around annoying people, then they won't want to nuke you.

Anyway, North Korea almost certainly wants nukes to stop the US having the capabilities to invade North Korea.

Move to NK commie lover. Kim would welcome you

-Geaux

Is this not the job of the CIA? Assassinate Lil Kim and make it look like an accident or an inside job? Or is the CIA too busy spying on Americans in America

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux
Do you think we can beat Russia china the middle East and North Korea?

You seem to forget our allies hate Trump. Don't look for a coalition of the willing especially after bush lied the rest of the world into Iraq.

This is what Republicans don't seem to realize. We're sort of on our own right now. That's what happens when we elect freaks like bush and Trump.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Oh, wow, I mean, that's a GREAT argument. Which has nothing to do with what I said. But hey, that might take some brain power on your part.

I have an idea...

We respond militarily

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
Which countries will go to war with Trump?

Forum List

Back