My question is, why didn't the taser work?

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Was it fully charged? Did the cops miss with it? Did they taser him more than once? Did they only have one taser load to fire? Those things aren't that expensive, right? What about firing a warning shot over his head? Even in a small town like Kenosha, your cops have to have options. And the training to know what they're supposed to do. We don't know the details yet, but it appears to be a situation that escalated into something that shouldn't have happened, and most of the fault lies with Blake for strenuously resisting; which elevates the cops' assessment of the threat level.

1598394132823.png

Maybe what's needed is training for all the people that have encounters with police.

We'll start with a nine week course the junior year of high school and if that doesn't sink in after ten years we'll make it so they have to take it again their senior year so they have a full semester.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Was it fully charged? Did the cops miss with it? Did they taser him more than once? Did they only have one taser load to fire? Those things aren't that expensive, right? What about firing a warning shot over his head? Even in a small town like Kenosha, your cops have to have options. And the training to know what they're supposed to do. We don't know the details yet, but it appears to be a situation that escalated into something that shouldn't have happened, and most of the fault lies with Blake for strenuously resisting; which elevates the cops' assessment of the threat level.

~~~~~~
Obviously Jacob was resisting arrest, he fought with the police before escaping and running around the SUV opening the drivers door and appeared to be reaching for something before being shot 7 times...
I'm not sure if he was tased, if he was it didn't seem to be effective.
As an example, Rodney King was tased at least twice but the PCP he was on made the taser ineffective.
You have to wonder whether or not Jacob's blood was tested to see if he was on drugs and what type they are...

from what I saw it was about a 6 second event, from the time he took off running and the gun shots,,,

so I'm not sure there was enough time for options,,

What about firing a warning shot over his head?

Where will that bullet land? Bullets, once fired, are still lethal for up to 1,000 yards. What if there was a baby in stroller in that bullet's flight path?

As for TASERS. They are remarkably ineffective. Both probes have to make contact with skin. If the probes are too far apart, they will be ineffective. If the probes are too close together, they will be ineffective.

If the suspect turns suddenly after they are attached, a wire could be broken and it would be ineffective. Even when it is effective, the person only remains incapacitated while the charge is on ... 5 seconds. If another officer is unable to move in and subdue in that five minutes, the suspect will still be a threat.

Non-lethal chemical weapons and tasers are worthless against morons and dopers. The police should go all Star Wars and encase them in Carbonite. That would do the job.

carbonite-freezing-might-not-kill-you-but-it-probably-would.jpeg

What about firing a warning shot over his head?

Where will that bullet land? Bullets, once fired, are still lethal for up to 1,000 yards. What if there was a baby in stroller in that bullet's flight path?

As for TASERS. They are remarkably ineffective. Both probes have to make contact with skin. If the probes are too far apart, they will be ineffective. If the probes are too close together, they will be ineffective.

If the suspect turns suddenly after they are attached, a wire could be broken and it would be ineffective. Even when it is effective, the person only remains incapacitated while the charge is on ... 5 seconds. If another officer is unable to move in and subdue in that five minutes, the suspect will still be a threat.

Thank you. 9mm has a lethal range of a half mile.

Are you sure they were issued Taser's?

If they're trained to know what they're supposed to do, they would know that there's no such thing as a "warning shot". They were in the middle of a neighborhood. Where do you think the bullet from that "warning shot" would've gone?

Are you sure they were issued Taser's?

That's what most witness reports said. No, I'm sure of much of anything, except the guy got shot in the back 7 times. I ain't saying it was justified or not, certainly we oughta wait for the official report before making any judgments. And I'm wondering what alternatives the cops had or have before they shoot somebody. Here's a guy with an arrest warrant on him for felony sexual assault 3rd degree, you can't let that guy get away.

As an example, Rodney King was tased at least twice but the PCP he was on made the taser ineffective.

Um, no.

The arresting officers thought he might be on PCP, but King's toxicology tested negative for the drug...

That's what most witness reports said. No, I'm sure of much of anything, except the guy got shot in the back 7 times. I ain't saying it was justified or not, certainly we oughta wait for the official report before making any judgments.

In your estimation, what would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?

That's what most witness reports said. No, I'm sure of much of anything, except the guy got shot in the back 7 times. I ain't saying it was justified or not, certainly we oughta wait for the official report before making any judgments.

In your estimation, what would justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?
if he was reaching for a gun,,,

from what I saw it was about a 6 second event, from the time he took off running and the gun shots,,,

so I'm not sure there was enough time for options,,

~~~~~~
Then you didn't see the fight with two arresting officers and Jacob knocking one of them down at the rear of the SUV and running around to the drivers side and reaching in before he was shot?

Reaching into an SUV after resisting arrest.
BTW don't disrespect the name "Canon" they make excellent products.....

if he was reaching for a gun,,,

Well, even if he was reaching for a gun (which he wasn't, as there was no gun in the car) the cop wouldn't be in imminent danger until the guy turned around. I know, it sounds silly, but it is what it is. Think about it: If the guy grabs a gun and doesn't turn around and aim it at the cop, the cop's not in danger of being shot.

So. there was no gun, so Blake wasn't reaching for a gun.

What else, then, could possibly justify shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times?

How about the biggest question IMO. Why shoot him 7 times in the back?! WTF

I agree he shouldn’t have tried to get in his car while cops had guns drawn on him. Not a smart move. But also not worthy of 7 bullets

Reaching into an SUV after resisting arrest.

As explained, the act of reaching into a vehicle places no one in imminent danger. There was no gun in the car, so it's impossible to make a rational argument that the cop was in imminent danger. Imminent danger is the guy pointing the gun at the cop.

But that didn't happen.

Not even close...

Ignoring cops with guns drawn on you, reaching into your vehicle for SOMETHING.
.Cops cant read minds. There was a perceived and real threat

BLACK BEHAVIOR MATTERS

Forum List

Back