My President, Right or Wrong: Obama

I really should be keeping track of how many people over the course of the thread either a) can't follow simple instructions or b) are so full of poison that they can't actually think straight. Is this the ODS I have heard so much about? I didn't think it was actually real.

looks like b

That it does. That it does.

You're asking people to post something positive about a man that has apologised for Americans being Americans, pissed off our long time allies, given money to terrorist, passed a possibly unconstitution hc bill when he should have been working on the economy, spent more money than anyone in less than 2 years, won't make real cuts to spending, fosters class warfare, etc, etc...

and your shocked we can't find nice things to say?

seriously, you have got to be kidding.

I really should be keeping track of how many people over the course of the thread either a) can't follow simple instructions or b) are so full of poison that they can't actually think straight. Is this the ODS I have heard so much about? I didn't think it was actually real.

Who the fuck are you to be doling out instructions and demanding they be followed? Buzz off.

Yeeeaaaaah.

Wow.

:confused:

I'm going to stop hitting the button to read what the people I have on ignore are saying. Thanks for making sure I remember why you're there to begin with.

First to clarify.....

He did not kill OBL.
He refused to his ideology get in the way of the killing of OBL.
I give him credit for that.

Despite his idelogy, he saw the err of closing GITMO, and he went back on that proimise. I give him credit for that.

He prevented the loss of American lives by holding back in Libya. I give him credit for that.

What I feel he lacks:

Leadership
A clear understanding of the mindset of the entrpeneur (the backbone of capitalism and thus the backbone of America)

Who the fuck are you to be doling out instructions and demanding they be followed? Buzz off.

uh...the one who asked the question?

Dont you want to giove her an answer in line with what she is asking?

I honestly tried.

I could think of two...maybe three things off the top of my head.

He allowed us to win in Iraq...in defiance of his liberal base.

He surged the troops in Afghanistan...in defiance of his liberal base.

He didn't close Gitmo...in defiance of his base.

But I guess that wasn't so hard...nobody is protesting those things now...for some...strange...reason,........Nevermind.

looks like b

You're asking people to post something positive about a man that has apologised for Americans being Americans, pissed off our long time allies, given money to terrorist, passed a possibly unconstitution hc bill when he should have been working on the economy, spent more money than anyone in less than 2 years, won't make real cuts to spending, fosters class warfare, etc, etc...

There are many things he has done that deserves recognition.

But as you, I see many more things he has done that warrants criticism.

I can't give credit for 'not' doing things as he promised.

One of the things he promised, and may have gotten me to vote for him, was the promise that he was going to end the Patriot act. It's be re-passed twice since he took Office. For that reason alone, no one should want to vote for him.

I can't give credit for 'not' doing things as he promised.

One of the things he promised, and may have gotten me to vote for him, was the promise that he was going to end the Patriot act. It's be re-passed twice since he took Office. For that reason alone, no one should want to vote for him.

I dont disagree...but this is a thread to see if people just "hate Obama" becuase he is not their man of choice (for whatever reason) or if they truly disagree with much of what he does.

I mean, in reality, the man has done some good things...and I personally recognize them...but I also see that the man has done much more that I disagree with.....

For example, you MUST give him credit for defying his far left base to do the right thing...and not close GITMO.

I give him credit for NOT keeping that promise...so I will not villify him for not keeping other promises...whether I am happy he didnt or did.

I'm glad he did not close down GITMO. I'm glad he used intel from our torturing of terrorists to (allow someone to) kill OBL. I'm glad he increased, by an order of magnitude, our drone attacks and is thus killing a lot more bad guys. I'm glad he saw the success of the Iraq "surge" and ordered one just like it for A-Stan. I'm glad he extended the tax cuts (for the rich). I'm glad that Obama opposed the raising of the debt limit when Bush was doing it. I like that he has acknolwedged that the US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. I like that, despite some of his rhetoric, after the crash of 2008 corporate profits are on pace to set all time records.

I do not like that Obama is ADDING more debt than the previous 43 presidents.
I do not like that he sometimes lies: For instance, he stated that his administration "has done something no administration has done before" regarding his directions to federal agencies to get rid of old, unneeded and outdated federal regulations. He also noted during his campaign that he would turn the economy around within three years and that if he did not the public would be right in voting him out of office, making him a one-term president. Obviously he will fall short on this one. He lied about the border fence being "almost" complete. It's not. Even with the amendants made to the border fence bill he is still intentionally misleading people when he makes that statement.
I do not like that he said we have double our exports. He is misleading people about that one as well.

That's a start. I could do the same thing for Bush too.

Edited to say: I did not vote for Obama and will not vote for him in 2012. I'm in the military, thus he is my President and I support him. Even if I do not agree with some of the things he is doing. When Bush was in office, I was aghast at some of the things the left said to/about/against him. Now that Obama is president, I'm aghast at what people on the right say to/about/against him.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function"

Last edited:
Along the same lines as the President Bush thread.

Take the alternating side. If you despise Obama - what has he done right.

If you admire and respect Obama - what is he doing/has he done wrong?

I like how he gave the order to get Bin Laden, is getting us out of Iraq and has upped the anti with air strikes in the war on terror, but I don't like how he has handled the situation at home as far as jobs and the economy.

I'm glad he did not close down GITMO. I'm glad he used intel from our torturing of terrorists to (allow someone to) kill OBL. I'm glad he increased, by an order of magnitude, our drone attacks and is thus killing a lot more bad guys. I'm glad he saw the success of the Iraq "surge" and ordered one just like it for A-Stan. I'm glad he extended the tax cuts (for the rich). I'm glad that Obama opposed the raising of the debt limit when Bush was doing it. I like that he has acknolwedged that the US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. I like that, despite some of his rhetoric, after the crash of 2008 corporate profits are on pace to set all time records.

I do not like that Obama is ADDING more debt than the previous 43 presidents.
I do not like that he sometimes lies: For instance, he stated that his administration "has done something no administeration has done before" regarding his directions to federal agencies to get rid of old, unneeded and outdated federal regulations. He also noted during his campaign that he would turn the economy around within three years and that if he did not the public would be right in voting him out of office, making him a one-term president. Obviously he will fall short on this one. He lied about the border fence being "almost" complete. It's not. Even with the amendants made to the border fence bill he is still intentionally misleading people when he makes that statement.
I do not like that he said we have double our exports. He is misleading people about that one as well.

That's a start. I could do the same thing for Bush too.

Excellent post. Thank you so much. I'm going to read it again, it was so informative.

He's at heart a community agitator and an empty suit.

2012 can't come soon enough... good riddance to bad rubbish.

Killing bin Laden doesn't count?

Does this help any? Check promises kept and see if any of them match your belief system.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Kept

I don't know where you got you link from but it is pure BS!

One example is the closing the "doughnut holes", they aren't closed!! My mother is on medicare and three months our of the year she falls into this "doughnut hole" and it's been no different under Obama.

The Democrats and President Obama have been clear that the "doughnut hole," as the gap is known, would disappear gradually over the next 10 years. They have not mentioned that Medicare patients would, according to House figures, face a slightly larger hole in coverage during two of the next three years than they do today.

The claim he got obl is bullshit at best. It was years finding him, he just happened to be Pres.

To be fair he could have wussed out and not gave the order, he had to violate Pakistani soviergnty to get Bin Laden and pissed the hell out of the Pakistanis, making that call was not easy. If that operation had gone wrong, all hell would have broke loose.

The claim he got obl is bullshit at best. It was years finding him, he just happened to be Pres.

To be fair he could have wussed out and not gave the order, he had to violate Pakistani soviergnty to get Bin Laden and pissed the hell out of the Pakistanis, making that call was not easy. If that operation had gone wrong, all hell would have broke loose.

Exactly.

Sorry, I'm out of rep.

Just a quick note, many of us in his liberal based voted for him specifically because he was calling for more troops in Afghanistan. If you think otherwise, you're not paying attention.

As for what he's done wrong:

Stimulus plan was way too small and not targeted enough.
He then said it was fine and we were recovering.
He caved on the public option.
He caved on the bush tax cuts.
He caved on the debt ceiling.

In total, I would say his desire to pass something, anything, in a true bipartisan way has been his undoing. It ain't gonna happen. Ever.

Just a quick note, many of us in his liberal based voted for him specifically because he was calling for more troops in Afghanistan. If you think otherwise, you're not paying attention.

As for what he's done wrong:

Stimulus plan was way too small and not targeted enough.
He then said it was fine and we were recovering.
He caved on the public option.
He caved on the bush tax cuts.
He caved on the debt ceiling.

In total, I would say his desire to pass something, anything, in a true bipartisan way has been his undoing. It ain't gonna happen. Ever.

Exactly. He caved, he caved, he caved. If he doesn't want his presidency to read "And that was all she wrote", he's going to need to get his ass in gear.

The claim he got obl is bullshit at best. It was years finding him, he just happened to be Pres.It's hard to find things about big 0 that I'd like since anything I would like is rarely mentioned, if ever.
---

He honored Reagans 100th Birthday with Nancy. I thought that was very cool.

He seems to want to cut off Israel. I'd support that if it meant cutting off thier enemies as well.

Aside from that, there's nothing of substance for me to point to.

He lacks leadership and worked on the wrong things first.

Yeah, right, like Bush was going to give up his buddy Bin and face the rath of Saudi Arabia.

Here is WHY Bush didn't get Bin.

BUSH: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. [His ol Buddy Bin hasn't called.] And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Forum List

Back