My Must-Haves, Non-Negotiables for a Presidential Candidate

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Here are my must-haves, my non-negotiable positions that a presidential candidate must hold for me to vote for him:

-- Supports religious freedom.

-- Supports securing the border.

-- Supports continued robust aid to Israel and Israel’s right to destroy Hamas after Hamas’s barbaric October 7 attacks.

-- Opposes transgender surgery and puberty blockers for minors.

-- Opposes allowing biological males to compete in female sports.

-- Supports requiring a photo ID to vote.

-- Opposes unconstitutional gun confiscation and opposes allowing lawsuits against gun manufacturers over gunshot incidents.

If a candidate does not hold every one of these positions, I will not vote for him.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Donald Trump hold all of these positions. I am supporting Kennedy over Trump because his character and integrity are far superior to Trump’s, because he is a uniter/unifier, because he does not demonize those who disagree with him, because he recognizes that the lockdowns were disastrous and needless, and because he is open minded and constantly seeking to learn.

Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, and Tim Scott also hold all of my must-have views, but they are no longer running. My first pick among the GOP candidates was Nikki Haley, then DeSantis, and then Scott.

Great, another nazi.

Bizarre. One, I've never heard of a Nazi who was strongly pro-Israeli. Two, the Nazis violently opposed religious freedom. Once they consolidated their power, they murdered thousands of priests and other religious leaders, shut down private religious schools, closed or took over hundreds of churches, and sent tens of thousands of Christians to concentration camps. Three, the Nazis did not hesitate to confiscate guns from any group they viewed as a threat, especially Jews.

Here are my must-haves, my non-negotiable positions that a presidential candidate must hold for me to vote for him:

-- Supports religious freedom.

-- Supports securing the border.

-- Supports continued robust aid to Israel and Israel’s right to destroy Hamas after Hamas’s barbaric October 7 attacks.

-- Opposes transgender surgery and puberty blockers for minors.

-- Opposes allowing biological males to compete in female sports.

-- Supports requiring a photo ID to vote.

-- Opposes unconstitutional gun confiscation and opposes allowing lawsuits against gun manufacturers over gunshot incidents.

If a candidate does not hold every one of these positions, I will not vote for him.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Donald Trump hold all of these positions. I am supporting Kennedy over Trump because his character and integrity are far superior to Trump’s, because he is a uniter/unifier, because he does not demonize those who disagree with him, because he recognizes that the lockdowns were disastrous and needless, and because he is open minded and constantly seeking to learn.

Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, and Tim Scott also hold all of my must-have views, but they are no longer running. My first pick among the GOP candidates was Nikki Haley, then DeSantis, and then Scott.
Good for you. Hope you convert more of the MAGA retards to your cause.

If they don’t support cutting the budget, if they don’t support cutting debt, then I can’t vote for them.
Then you'll be glad to know that RFK Jr. recognizes that our national debt is getting dangerously high and that deficit spending must be stopped. He has pledged to end deficit spending and to start paying down the debt. And I believe him.

I have a problem with student loan forgiveness, I wouldn't vote for anybody that supports that.
Well, RFK Jr.'s view is that Biden is wrong to use executive orders to forgive student loans, and that this should be done through legislation. He does support student loan forgiveness, but only if it is done through the legislative process.

That is not a must-have issue for me. I oppose student loan forgiveness, but I'm not going to rule out a candidate who supports it, as long as he supports my must-have positions.

Forum List

Back