My kind of music

She was a good looking woman! Liked her music too- LOL

From the Micky Newbury concept album

When you're cold there's nothing as welcome as sunshine, when you're dry there;s nothing as welcome as rain, when you're alone there;s nothing no slower than passing time

"Amanda" is one of the many songs that my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal took him a crack at!

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Billy Joe actually covered at least 72 songs. Why so many? It may have had to do with songs that were done first by him being successful for other acts later on: "Hush", "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden", "Yo Yo" "I Knew You When" and "Down In The Boondocks" which of course were all written by Billy Joe's former producer Joe South who went forward in 2012 I believe.

Last edited:
The first song I learned to play after I got my first guitar at 13- I have hair on my shoulders and I'm still wearing jeans btw, at 72

The second song I learned- I liked this song so much I got a home made tattoo on my left forearm Born To Lose

My favorite Billy Joe Royal song

That is the song that finally got him back into the top ten after being absent from the place the previous two whole decades!

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (only three or four years old then)

P.S. Sadly the song just barely made it because right after it entered the top ten, radio stations quit playing it because of the shuttle crash I guess it was that had just taken place. Thankful he was able to score five more top ten songs, but to me, it should have been way more than that. In my opinion, there is no bad song or singing delivery from him!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back