My Friend just went hospice

Yes and add to that the cruelty of extending a terminal person's life who is in terrible pain. That is basically torture.
Hospice doesn't do that. The nurses are trained to make the patient as comfortable as they can as they pass. As the morphine increases- the patient fades away. Peacefully usually. Seen it many times. That's why they are there.. so the patient does NOT suffer and linger forever.

Hospice doesn't do that. The nurses are trained to make the patient as comfortable as they can as they pass. As the morphine increases- the patient fades away. Peacefully usually. Seen it many times. That's why they are there.. so the patient does NOT suffer and linger forever.
Thanks. I have a question since you are experienced in this field. What is your opinion on an 'assisted euthanization' declaration similar to the "do not resuscitate' declaration we have now?

I will freely admit I don't understand any of this. My end of life is automatically covered including a hospice in the VA Hospital.

Larry is bad enough off that he can't go home. He needs 24/7 care.,
I am sorry for his suffering, but Medicare pays for hospice as long as needed. What does this have to do with Trump supporters?

I am sorry for his suffering, but Medicare pays for hospice as long as needed. What does this have to do with Trump supporters?

It doesn't have anything to do with Trump supporters. It has to do with hate of them.

This is a load of shitty shit fake posting by some crumb of a person needing a vessel to spread that hate.

It doesn't have anything to do with Trump supporters. It has to do with hate of them.

This is a load of shitty shit fake posting by some crumb of a person needing a vessel to spread that hate.
Yeah, it was pretty transparent.

Now that he's gone, others are taking note. The Average Person gives condolences which is normal. Empathy. But the MAGAt Rumpers are trying to figure out how to spread his meager possessions in their ranks. The sad thing is, they don't see anything wrong with that behavior.

Larry was NOT a MAGAt. He would have voted for anyone that wasn't Rump. Your behavior just enforces the distain most of have for all you MAGAts.

Now that he's gone, others are taking note. The Average Person gives condolences which is normal. Empathy. But the MAGAt Rumpers are trying to figure out how to spread his meager possessions in their ranks. The sad thing is, they don't see anything wrong with that behavior.

Larry was NOT a MAGAt. He would have voted for anyone that wasn't Rump. Your behavior just enforces the distain most of have for all you MAGAts.

Oh hebbin halp my wretched soul! Some anonymous noodle on the internet has distain (It's disdain btw) for poor ole me...

My Friend is at the end of his life. He's being administered Morphine but the pain is still unbearable. Some of us are trying to make things go painless in legally giving his major items to those that really need them. But we have a MAGAt that keeps trying to get him to sign a power of attorney leaving him all the rights. About 6 months ago, he tried doing that when Larry was in better health. I suggested that Larry just get a debit card against his checking account. He did that instead of the power of attorney. The MAGAt says that it's a living will. It's not.

I don't know what is legal and what isn't since the time is so short and the rest home will require payment. Usually, since Larry has no kin, they take his trailer and everything inside of it. Then there is the county who will be in charge of the disposition of both property and .........

The Magat is playing the old, "I got a cousin who is a lawyer" routine. None of us trust him as far as we can throw him. Greed is an ugly thing.

I am going to try and suggest that Larry wait until Hospice, the home and the county can tell us what is legal. Besides, I have been paying his rent and transporting him for the last year. But I don't want a thing. I don't need another car or car anything else he has. His last verbal (tonight) instruction was to give his car away and everything else. The car is the only thing of worth (outside of the trailer) that he has and the trailer is not to be given away. Whether it goes to the trailer court or to the medical community or the county, I don't know. But I did find a wounded Iraqi Veteran that cannot afford a car and that would be a fantastic home for the vehicle.

I see, firsthand, that MAGAts are not to be trusted and will take advantage of the sick. Luckily, I have some influence.

I am so very for your friend. See him as often as you can. Treasure the friendship and if you have a scrapbook of photos both you in it, share with him.

My Friend is at the end of his life. He's being administered Morphine but the pain is still unbearable. Some of us are trying to make things go painless in legally giving his major items to those that really need them. But we have a MAGAt that keeps trying to get him to sign a power of attorney leaving him all the rights. About 6 months ago, he tried doing that when Larry was in better health. I suggested that Larry just get a debit card against his checking account. He did that instead of the power of attorney. The MAGAt says that it's a living will. It's not.

I don't know what is legal and what isn't since the time is so short and the rest home will require payment. Usually, since Larry has no kin, they take his trailer and everything inside of it. Then there is the county who will be in charge of the disposition of both property and .........

The Magat is playing the old, "I got a cousin who is a lawyer" routine. None of us trust him as far as we can throw him. Greed is an ugly thing.

I am going to try and suggest that Larry wait until Hospice, the home and the county can tell us what is legal. Besides, I have been paying his rent and transporting him for the last year. But I don't want a thing. I don't need another car or car anything else he has. His last verbal (tonight) instruction was to give his car away and everything else. The car is the only thing of worth (outside of the trailer) that he has and the trailer is not to be given away. Whether it goes to the trailer court or to the medical community or the county, I don't know. But I did find a wounded Iraqi Veteran that cannot afford a car and that would be a fantastic home for the vehicle.

I see, firsthand, that MAGAts are not to be trusted and will take advantage of the sick. Luckily, I have some influence.
He should leave all his money to Trump. That would be the honorable thing to do.

Screenshot_20240111-075449_Facebook.jpg

POA ends at death.......then it's an estate issue.

I'm so sorry! he should he made you POA?

no folks... When someone is dying-it's a very sad time... There's a ton of emotions- and anger and confusion- legally thur the system? The horrors the greed? and the infairness....

Vrenn said he has nothing of value, so what's to be greedy about?

This whole story is probably BS based on the fact that hospice people walk you through the entire process. It literally is hospice for dummies.

This is true for ALL hospice workers. A friend has been with hospice as a volunteer for over 35 years.

He is my "filthy papist" devout catholic and true Saint of a person. And when my lady friend went into hospice last year he guided me through the entire process.

Took all of an hour. And then, when she passed, he was there again, helping the nurse fill out the necessary paperwork.

It's impossible to screw up because they do all the real work, and the procedures have been perfected for decades.

This is just a lie, by vrenn. Because that's what liars do.

I often think this place is so low it's literally the bottom of a cesspool. And then I return to find....nope....someone can go even lower.

Oh just shut up. What kind of Insurance does he have?

It sounds like you are the one that is sick with your TDS hatred.

After your friend passes you really should go seek competent mental health treatment.

Forum List

Back