My Baby Is Now A Teenager

Boys are easier than girls Jill. Not easy. But easier. :lol:

Don't blink. Before ya know it, he'll be 21. My oldest is almost there. Seems like he turned 13 yesterday. Enjoy the wild ride.

Get him to a soccer club (ice-hockey), any kind of team-sports where he learns to assert himself in an environment of competition with and against boys in same age.
If you have luck, he takes it very serious and then he is off street already for 3 days in a week (training days and match day).

Boys in that age can become very nasty and ruthless, testing deepest forms of mobbing against other boys of same age. You don't want your children to introduce him with "I play piano" at parties or at a new school.

he already thinks he's capable of making his own decisions. and i let him make the ones i think are appropriate (like.... what do you want for dinner? and do you want to continue piano lesson? and 'yes, you can take fencing class'). but i exercise veto power over pretty much everything else and will keep doing so...

.... for as long as i can.

i'm not much on drugs... but pinot grigio comes in handy.

Does he like piano lesson and fencing class ?

he loves fencing. after he got his second degree blackbelt in TKD, he got bored and wanted a change. Fencing was his choice.

He thinks piano lessons are ok and likes playing saxophone at school better.

We're not going to have this problem.

We're putting bricks on our kids heads.

And then when they hit 18, they're joining a convent.

We're not going to have this problem.

We're putting bricks on our kids heads.

And then when they hit 18, they're joining a convent.

we were discussing having him crytogenically stored til he was 21... but then we realized when we unfroze him he'd be 13.

*sigh*

Is there a jewish version of a monastery?

no dammit... hence the eternal question as asked by barbra streisand in funny girl...

'would a convent take a jewish girl?'

but we have something more restrictive... more invasive... more overwhelming...

it's

called.

a

jewish

mother. ;)

we were discussing having him crytogenically stored til he was 21... but then we realized when we unfroze him he'd be 13.

*sigh*

no dammit... hence the eternal question as asked by barbra streisand in funny girl...

it's

called.

a

jewish

mother. ;)

I see you haven't been around too many Jesuit priests :lol:

it's

called.

a

jewish

mother. ;)

lol.. can't say that i have.

does having a cousin who graduated from St. John's Law count???

it's

called.

a

jewish

mother. ;)

lol.. can't say that i have.

does having a cousin who graduated from St. John's Law count???

Close enough. :lol:

Your going to start hating Friday and Saturday nights...keep the coffee warm.

oh... g-d!

i am in such trouble.

and he's a head taller than i am already, which is NOT good. well it IS good, but it's really really weird.

But you have an advantage.

You can still put the fear of God into him. That is until you start calling him names of people that have passed on.

Your going to start hating Friday and Saturday nights...keep the coffee warm.

oh... g-d!

i am in such trouble.

and he's a head taller than i am already, which is NOT good. well it IS good, but it's really really weird.

But you have an advantage.

You can still put the fear of God into him. That is until you start calling him names of people that have passed on.

the one thing i have is fear... so long as he thinks i'm a little crazy i figure i'll be ok. lol..

Forum List

Back