My $500 rat

o hell no you spayed the damned rat? i will admit i had no clue a vet would do that...

who gets a fucking rat for a pet? i am sorry but that is just beyond me..o lets go get a vermin honey...you will love it....

rat people....are just kinda well....rat people...

well peoples get hamsters all the time, no difference.

I know someone whose daughter has a pet Chinchilla! :D

:thup: for rats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36DO_nrJeA]YouTube - Michael Jackson - Ben ('1972) HQ & Lyrics Sub[/ame]

What a good person you are, Xited1.

$500 to keep a pet rat alive?

We both know the replacement cost for a rat, yet you couldn't bring yourself to abandon a creature you took into you heart?

Respect, dude.

UPDATE: Maybe (the rat) passed away last night. Call me a wimp or whatever you want, but I will be sad for at least a week. Burial services (No, I'm not kidding) will be held tonight at 5:00 p.m. Rats make wonderful pets and she was the best. :(

I don't have a recent picture of her, but she looks like this:

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

We bought her for $5 from a breeder. Recently, she contracted a severe respiratory disease. I thought she was going to die, so we took her to an emergency clinic.

Vet bill: $311
Medication: $55

She got better. All was well.

On Monday, she was acting like she was drunk. Back to the vet. She got better, but the vet didn't know why.

Vet bill: $167

Total (not including food, cage, Kelloggs Yogos, etc.): $538

(I can only imagine the upcoming posts. Perhaps I should've put this is the Flame Zone.)

UPDATE: Maybe (the rat) passed away last night. Call me a wimp or whatever you want, but I will be sad for at least a week. Burial services (No, I'm not kidding) will be held tonight at 5:00 p.m. Rats make wonderful pets and she was the best. :(

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

We bought her for $5 from a breeder. Recently, she contracted a severe respiratory disease. I thought she was going to die, so we took her to an emergency clinic.

On Monday, she was acting like she was drunk. Back to the vet. She got better, but the vet didn't know why.

(I can only imagine the upcoming posts. Perhaps I should've put this is the Flame Zone.)

Sorry to hear about Maybe's demise. It's tough to lose a pet.

My condolences. She's Definitely in a better place now, though. :)

Damn.....I'm so sorry xsited1 :( :( :(

I was very fond of them when I had them...I just wished they had longer lifespans.

Xsited.. I'm so sorry you lost your pet. Upper respiratory infections in rodents are so hard to treat and rats seem to be so susceptible to them. I think it's awesome though, the lengths you went to for your friend. The world needs more people like you :)

I have a three legged cat that lost her leg in a car accident it cost a thousand dollars to save her but that was 16 tears ago.. she will be 19 this xmas..she might not be the worlds oldest cat but she might be the worlds oldest three legged cat ..she is still like a young cat and has no other problems

Last edited:
Update: The funeral was sad, but we got through it.

Our last remaining rat - Wall-E - was so sad and lonely, that we got 2 new rats! Now we have 3: Wall-E, Dolly and Molly.

pn13-rpcoolpet.JPG

Her name is Maybe.

Some people should not have pets!!!!!

Our last remaining rat - Wall-E - was so sad and lonely, that we got 2 new rats! Now we have 3: Wall-E, Dolly and Molly.

Male and Female? Not for long!!!!! We had a Ball Python that really loved rats. She is Buried in our yard now. Did not have time to get her to the Vet, it happened too fast. We are down to a 5 ft Iguana, a Cockatiel, and three very small African Frogs.

Male and Female? Not for long!!!!! We had a Ball Python that really loved rats. She is Buried in our yard now. Did not have time to get her to the Vet, it happened too fast. We are down to a 5 ft Iguana, a Cockatiel, and three very small African Frogs.

Wall-E is fixed.

Wow, you've got some exotics there!

(I've been meaning to take some pics... When I get some time.)

(I've been meaning to take some pics... When I get some time.)

Here's a pic I took last night.

$RatCage.jpg

The cage is from Martin's Cages. If you want to get a rodent for a pet, rats are the best. They are the cleanest of all the rodents, most intelligent, very tame, and love attention.

Martin's Cages Inc. - The source for all your pet cage needs.

The Ruud Cage (R-699)

* 30" x 18" x 60"
* Seven levels
* Six ramps
* Four balconies
* Two full floors
* One full solid bottom floor (pan is bottom floor of cage)
* Drop-in 3½" deep black plastic pan

Forum List

Back