Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

What is bullshit is a university getting public funding while discriminating. What else is new with you RGS? You hate Muslims. We get it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Are the Catholics similarly insensitive to Jews?

It's a private school, dumbass.

Fuck the Muslims. Have the Wall Street Shitters come and defecate on them.

Yes, this is a typical Muslim bashing thread. Anyone who objects to Muslim bashing gets called a "dumbass".

This school accepts FEDERAL dollars, dumbass.

Some are using this thread and the others like it to bash Muslims, true....but c'mon.....this complaint against the school is ridiculous.

What is bullshit is a university getting public funding while discriminating. What else is new with you RGS? You hate Muslims. We get it.

I don't see what the big deal is. Are the Catholics similarly insensitive to Jews?

It's a private school, dumbass.

Fuck the Muslims. Have the Wall Street Shitters come and defecate on them.

Yes, this is a typical Muslim bashing thread. Anyone who objects to Muslim bashing gets called a "dumbass".

This school accepts FEDERAL dollars, dumbass.

When does islime stop bashing infidels

The university has not allowed Muslim students to form a Muslim student group and to let them have a plain room without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The university wants to take their money but treat them like second class students. It's bull.

They may be a Catholic university, but unless they only want Catholic students they ought to be more sensitive to other religions and cultures.

Fuck the Muslims.

Fuck bigotry.

Hot avatar!

Bigotry is going into someone's church and demanding they take down their religious symbols and put up yours..

You get a Mosque to put up Crosses for Christians to pray, then come back to us.

+1, a thanks and a :clap2:

Very succinct and well compared.

that's your idea of a decent post?

how sad you've become.

Now I'm sad for my beliefs?

Well, it's better than rightwingnut or troll jillian.

:clap2:

The Human Rights Act generally prohibits denying students equal access to university facilities based upon factors like religion, sex, or sexual orientation unless there is a "business necessity": i.e., without the discrimination, the entity would literally go out of business.

"There is no way that Catholic University can show that it is a 'business necessity' to discriminate against Muslim students by denying them access to the same benefits other student groups enjoy, especially since many Catholic universities, including nearby Georgetown University, permit associations of Muslim students, and courts have held that any such denial cannot lawfully be based even on the most deeply held religious beliefs," says Prof. Banzhaf, who has won more than one hundred discrimination cases under the Act.

Catholic U's President Must Answer New Charges of Illegal Discrimination Against Muslims and Women

Are they being denied access to any facilities or are they merely unhappy with the facilities provided?

BIG difference you know.

If they are allowed a room and it has a cross or a picture in it they don't like are they not free to bring in a sheet or curtain with which to temporarily cover up said offensive piece of religious claptrap?

This is nothing but more whining.

The Human Rights Act generally prohibits denying students equal access to university facilities based upon factors like religion, sex, or sexual orientation unless there is a "business necessity": i.e., without the discrimination, the entity would literally go out of business.

"There is no way that Catholic University can show that it is a 'business necessity' to discriminate against Muslim students by denying them access to the same benefits other student groups enjoy, especially since many Catholic universities, including nearby Georgetown University, permit associations of Muslim students, and courts have held that any such denial cannot lawfully be based even on the most deeply held religious beliefs," says Prof. Banzhaf, who has won more than one hundred discrimination cases under the Act.

Catholic U's President Must Answer New Charges of Illegal Discrimination Against Muslims and Women

Are they being denied access to any facilities or are they merely unhappy with the facilities provided?

BIG difference you know.

If they are allowed a room and it has a cross or a picture in it they don't like are they not free to bring in a sheet or curtain with which to temporarily cover up said offensive piece of religious claptrap?

Simply "covering it up" doesn't cut it, the Muslims want the crosses completely removed.

BIG difference you know.

Simply "covering it up" doesn't cut it, the Muslims want the crosses completely removed.

As Mick Jagger would say: "You can't always get what you want."

A lesson the entitled whining assholes of today should learn and apply.

BIG difference you know.

As Mick Jagger would say: "You can't always get what you want."

A lesson the entitled whining assholes of today should learn and apply.

Oh I agree, if Christians in predominantly Muslim school asked for Islamic symbols to be taken down the Muslims would tell them to go get fucked in the face, the Catholics should do the same thing in this scenario.

One ironic thing assuming this alleged complaint by Muslims is real, is that the Muslims would see the crosses as a dishonoring of Jesus and be complaining on that basis. I remember an odd conversation I had with a very devout Muslim I used to work with (insisted on taking breaks for prayer time and all that). He was working in an office where a Christian predecessor had left a Jesus picture on the wall.

I asked him, "Why is there a picture of Jesus on your wall?"

He told me that it had been left by his predecessor, but then said, "You know, we revere him, too! He was a prophet of God!"

I said, "I realize that, but isn't it sacrilegious to have a picture of a prophet on the wall?"

"Oh, you're right," he said, and took the picture down with the weirdest expression on his face.

To this day I'm not sure if I did a good thing or not.

I see know problem with CU giving it's Muslims students ONE room without crosses to pray in.

WTF. The tuition is high enough.

The Catholics support Jewish students having their own student organization, why shouldn't the Muslims?

Do they? I went to their website and the only Jewish group I found was the Jewish Law Assn. within the law school.

And if so, have they asked that the crosses be removed?

I believe the point has been made that no Muslim students have complained. This is a frivolous suit by a disgruntled lawyer who has a hard-on for CUA.

I see know problem with CU giving it's Muslims students ONE room without crosses to pray in.

WTF. The tuition is high enough.

The Catholics support Jewish students having their own student organization, why shouldn't the Muslims?

The Jews are not asking for crosses to be taken down.

Why can't these whiny ass Muslims just fucking deal with it?

For Christ's fucking sake what does it matter if there's a cross in a room when all you have to do is cover it up or ignore it?

But then again that would be asking people to act like adults and I guess we can't have that can we?

Why can't these whiny ass Muslims just fucking deal with it?

For Christ's fucking sake what does it matter if there's a cross in a room when all you have to do is cover it up or ignore it?

But then again that would be asking people to act like adults and I guess we can't have that can we?

I think theres more to it than just whining, if the Muslims get the Catholics to take down a cross in one room to accomodate them, it opens the door to be able to have all crosses and Catholic symbols taken down in the whole school and than be able to get other things changed, they would eventually be able to control the whole school. Once the genie is out of the bottle you cannot put it back.

CaféAuLait;4324343 said:
Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses

Catholic University has been accused of violating the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers, according to a complaint filed with the Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights.

The 60-page complaint said Muslim students “must perform their prayers surrounded by symbols of Catholicism – e.g., a wooden crucifix, paintings of Jesus, pictures of priests and theologians which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”...

Banzhaf said some Muslim students were particularly offended because they had to meditate in the school’s chapels “and at the cathedral that looms over the entire campus – the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.”

Muslims Want Catholic School to Provide Room Without Crosses | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

:eusa_hand:

They need to find a different school if they are so 'offended'.

The muslim students CHOSE to go to a PRIVATE catholic school. They should not be offended by crosses or expect the catholic school to make rooms devoid of catholicism just to suit them. If they didn't want to see catholic relics then don't CHOOSE and PAY to go to a private catholic school.

Forum List

Back