Muslim Charity

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1.The religion of our Founders, the Judeo-Christian faith, is based on the idea that there is only one God, and He is God to all people.

In the Old Testament, in Leviticus, "Love your neighbor as yourself, I am God." I, God, tell you to be decent to other people.

Leviticus 19:34

34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Compared to this: “New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’
“The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,” New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: 'Muslims should hate non-Muslims' · Caldron Pool

2. My buddy, Sunni, denies that this mufti correctly states the position of Islam…that appears to be wishful thinking on his part.
The Chinese virus seems to have proven this difference in a big way.

“Muslims Withhold “Charity” from Non-Muslims during COVID-19
Muslims Withhold "Charity" from Non-Muslims during COVID-19 - Raymond Ibrahim

Crises often have a way of revealing people’s true natures. Here in America, for instance, doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals have stepped above and beyond their call of duty in response to the COVID-19 pandemic; so too have charities, churches and other religious organizations, many of which have volunteered their premises for coronavirus testing or as medical centers, distributed food and medical supplies to the needy, etc.

Needless to say, none of them are discriminating based on race or religion; they are aiding anyone and everyone in need.

Then there’s the Muslim world; there, too, COVID-19 is revealing the true nature of Islam.”

3. Somehow….this seems less than a surprise.

“I have been commanded to wage war against mankind till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, …and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf ….”

Know whose quote that is?

Muhammad bin Abdullah (570-632)

1.The religion of our Founders, the Judeo-Christian faith, is based on the idea that there is only one God, and He is God to all people.

In the Old Testament, in Leviticus, "Love your neighbor as yourself, I am God." I, God, tell you to be decent to other people.

34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Compared to this: “New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’
“The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,” New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: 'Muslims should hate non-Muslims' · Caldron Pool

2. My buddy, Sunni, denies that this mufti correctly states the position of Islam…that appears to be wishful thinking on his part.

Crises often have a way of revealing people’s true natures. Here in America, for instance, doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals have stepped above and beyond their call of duty in response to the COVID-19 pandemic; so too have charities, churches and other religious organizations, many of which have volunteered their premises for coronavirus testing or as medical centers, distributed food and medical supplies to the needy, etc.

Needless to say, none of them are discriminating based on race or religion; they are aiding anyone and everyone in need.

Then there’s the Muslim world; there, too, COVID-19 is revealing the true nature of Islam.”

“I have been commanded to wage war against mankind till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, …and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf ….”

Ideals are great, reality sucks.
Virus Is Twice as Deadly for Black and Latino People Than Whites in N.Y.C.

"winner"

a. What does this have to do with the post to which you linked?

b. As the old satirical headline of the NYTimes said: "Meteor To Destroy Earth: Women And Minorities Hurt Worst"

"winner"

I really need a 'Thank You' button.

4. “Enter zakat, which is often—but erroneously—translated as “charity.” As with virtually everything else Islamic, it too discriminates, sees only in dichotomies, namely “us” (Muslims) and “them” (infidels).

As usual, Pakistan—so named to mean the “land of the pure [i.e., Muslims]”—offers ample precedents. According to a March 30 report:

A Karachi NGO has denied food aid to poor Hindus and Christians, who like Muslims are suffering from coronavirus…. The Saylani Welfare International Trust has been operating in the Korangi area since 1999, handing out aid and meals to homeless people and seasonal workers. Two days ago, the welfare organisation refused to give ration cards to non-Muslims, saying that only Muslims are entitled to them. The reason for this is that Zakat, Islamic alms giving (one of Islam’s five pillars), is reserved for Muslims.

The Christian man said he begged for food to no avail. Farooq Masih, a 54-year-old Christian in Korangi, said that last Saturday, Abid Qadri, a member of Saylani Welfare, with other NGO members, handed out food cards in his area. But, when they got to Christian homes, they just moved on.”

“Charity, in Christian thought, the highest form of love, signifying the reciprocal love between God and man that is made manifest in unselfish love of one’s fellow men. St. Paul’s classical description of charity is found in the New Testament (I Cor. 13).”
Britannica.com

Muslims don't do charity. I hope the food banks have nothing but ham for meat.
Oh! Speaking of which...Ham sammich for breakfast? Don't mind if I do! :eek2yum:

My buddy, Sunni, denies that this mufti correctly states the position of Islam…that appears to be wishful thinking on his part.
I see you are still quoting the New York based Mufti Muhammad Ibn Muneer that has a tiny following and the vast majority of muslims have never heard of and would reject his teaching. ... :cool:

Would that we Judeo-Christians lived up to G-d's instructions. But as you say, all indications are that everyone here in the U.S. is being treated as well as the resources allow, without distinctions based on race, religion, or preferred sexual perversion. As Gov. Cuomo bragged a couple days ago, there have been essentially zero deaths resulting from a lack of available personnel or equipment.

As for the out-sized death rates among Blacks, Hispanics, every credible story I've read traces those differences to pre-existing health issues.

Or maybe the virus itself is "racist."

My buddy, Sunni, denies that this mufti correctly states the position of Islam…that appears to be wishful thinking on his part.
I see you are still quoting the New York based Mufti Muhammad Ibn Muneer that has a tiny following and the vast majority of muslims have never heard of and would reject his teaching. ... :cool:

The entire thread validates his statement.

Did you see the quote I provided from Muhammad?

Consistent with the mufti's claim.

Would that we Judeo-Christians lived up to G-d's instructions. But as you say, all indications are that everyone here in the U.S. is being treated as well as the resources allow, without distinctions based on race, religion, or preferred sexual perversion. As Gov. Cuomo bragged a couple days ago, there have been essentially zero deaths resulting from a lack of available personnel or equipment.

As for the out-sized death rates among Blacks, Hispanics, every credible story I've read traces those differences to pre-existing health issues.

Or maybe the virus itself is "racist."

Yup.....that's what America does.

But, so sorry you referred to Cuomo, who doesn't fit into that category of good Americans.

"Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life, pro-gun conservatives 'have no place' in New York
Gov. Cuomo: Pro-life conservatives 'have no place' in New York"

That is because they live in ghettos and they don't adhere to social distancing.

Muslim doctors at NY hospital taking a break from fighting COVID-19 to perform their daily prayers in hallway.

1586524639478.png

You are either Jew or Christian. You founding fathers were Christian.

b. As the old satirical headline of the NYTimes said: "Meteor To Destroy Earth: Women And Minorities Hurt Worst"
This is a Christian country and there is nothing in Christianity that says Blacks and Latinos should be treated any worse than Whites. Yet we live in a country where that has always been the case. Is Christianity to blame or is it man that falls short.

You are either Jew or Christian. You founding fathers were Christian.

Brilliant post Captain Obvious!

You studied with Agent Starling????

This is a Christian country and there is nothing in Christianity that says Blacks and Latinos should be treated any worse than Whites. Yet we live in a country where that has always been the case. Is Christianity to blame or is it man that falls short.

"....there is nothing in Christianity that says Blacks and Latinos should be treated any worse than Whites. "

Exactly why Americans fought the Civil War.

The only mistake was not following with an amendment that exiled Democrats.

Heaven knows there is lots of evidence that letting them remain was a terrible mistake.

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship, the party that stood in schoolhouse doors to block black school children….until Republicans sent in the 101st airborne

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu..

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

11. I should mention that the Democrat Party was used as a model by Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party….another ‘feather’ in the party’s cap?

12. The Democrat Party is now running on full-blown anti-white racism.

13. It's the party of felons over law-abiding actual citizens

5. “A few days back there was an announcement made through a mosque’s loud speaker in the Sher-Shah neighborhood of Lahore inviting citizens to collect the government’s announced foodstuffs,” a pastor explained. “When Christians reached the distribution point and presented their national identity cards, they were asked by staffers to get out of the line claiming the foodstuff was only for Muslim citizens.” This same pastor received numerous phone calls from his flock, all of whom experienced the same denial.

“Christians often face religious hatred and discrimination,” another Christian woman, aged 50, said of her experience. “However, we never thought of this biased behavior by the majority people at this critical time of COVID-19.”

As disgraceful as such “biased behavior” is, it is also perfectly Islamic.”

The practice of charity means the voluntary giving of help to those in need, as a humanitarian act. There are a number of philosophies about charity, often associated with religion. Effective altruism is the use of evidence and reasoning to determine the most effective ways to benefit others.
Charity (practice) - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back