Music Trivia

Dr Grump said:
Name the collective group of superstars who went under the moniker The Highwaymen...and how many are still alive...

Man, didn't know you were a country music afficianado!

I only know Johnny Cash was in it and he's gone now. No idea about who else. I'm not even sure why I remember Johnny Cash was one of 'em. :wtf:

jillian said:
Man, didn't know you were a country music afficianado!

I only know Johnny Cash was in it and he's gone now. No idea about who else. I'm not even sure why I remember Johnny Cash was one of 'em. :wtf:

I don't think he was, didn't he just sing a song with the same title?

No WAIT! They recorded "Big River", that has to be them. Lyal Lovitt replaced Johnny Cash, didn't he? Is that the same group? Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and someone else.

Said1 said:
No WAIT! They recorded "Big River", that has to be them. Lyal Lovitt replaced Johnny Cash, didn't he? Is that the same group? Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and someone else.

Damn, you're good! I googled and it was Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson. It would be cheating for me to tell you who the other was. :clap1:

jillian said:
Damn, you're good! I googled and it was Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson. It would be cheating for me to tell you who the other was. :clap1:

I have no clue who the last one is. But you still got Johnny Cash!

I downloaded their performance of Big River on Lettermen, but those are the only three I remember being introduced.

Said1 said:
I have no clue who the last one is. But you still got Johnny Cash!

I downloaded their performance of Big River on Lettermen, but those are the only three I remember being introduced.

Well, maybe musicman or one of the other folk know ;o)

But I think you'll get credit for the answer.

We need another question!

jillian said:
Neil Young and Stephen Stills.

What woman did two different members of CSN&Y write songs for? Which songs and who wrote them?

Sleeptime for me. Laterz. :bye1:

Graham Nash, Carry Ann, about Mary Ann Faithful. I don't know the other one.
And am not positive Nash wrote it.

Dillo gets the prize on this one. Was, indeed Judy Collins and the songs were Suite Judy Blue Eyes (Stills) and Our House (Nash). ;)

I learned something reall cool, though while I was looking up some stuff... did you know that Phil Hartman did the CSNY logo with the intertwining letters BEFORE he was on SNL?

Thought that was cool!

OK, Dillo...take it away! Your turn to ask a question!

_________________________opened the original club July 15, 1975 at 6th and Brazos in an old furniture warehouse with zydeco king Clifton Chenier. Bringing in the blues and soul legends of the day such as Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Willie Dixon, John Lee Hooker, Fats Domino, Sunnyland Slim, Hubert Sumlin, Eddie Taylor, Walter "Shakey" Horton, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Pinetop Perkins, Albert King, James Cotton, Calvin Jones, Willie "Big Eye" Smith, Bobby Blue Bland, and B.B. King made __________the premier blues club in Texas. He furthered the career of regional R&B artists such as Albert Collins, Barbara Lynn, Clifton Chenier, Miss Lavelle White, and Lazy Lester. Yet what truly made ________ Austin's Home of the Blues was its cultivation of local talent such as Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Jimmie Vaughan, Angela Strehli, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Derek O'Brien, Lou Ann Barton, Guy Forsyth, Doyle Bramhall II, Sue Foley, Bob Schneider, and Charlie Sexton.

dilloduck said:
_________________________opened the original club July 15, 1975 at 6th and Brazos in an old furniture warehouse with zydeco king Clifton Chenier. Bringing in the blues and soul legends of the day such as Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Willie Dixon, John Lee Hooker, Fats Domino, Sunnyland Slim, Hubert Sumlin, Eddie Taylor, Walter "Shakey" Horton, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Pinetop Perkins, Albert King, James Cotton, Calvin Jones, Willie "Big Eye" Smith, Bobby Blue Bland, and B.B. King made __________the premier blues club in Texas. He furthered the career of regional R&B artists such as Albert Collins, Barbara Lynn, Clifton Chenier, Miss Lavelle White, and Lazy Lester. Yet what truly made ________ Austin's Home of the Blues was its cultivation of local talent such as Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Jimmie Vaughan, Angela Strehli, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Derek O'Brien, Lou Ann Barton, Guy Forsyth, Doyle Bramhall II, Sue Foley, Bob Schneider, and Charlie Sexton.

No idea, so I googled. Interesting guy and was born in the same town as Janis Joplin and that ZZ Top guy or is it guys?

Sue Foley ROCKS, btw. Saw her perform a few times, amazing woman.

Dr Grump said:
I'll go with Billy Graham (the promoter, not the evangelical dude)

BTW, the fourth Highwayman was Waylon Jennings who is also dead...

Nope. Bill Graham was famous for Filmore East, New York and Filmore West, San Fransico.

I've never heard of this guy.

Said1 said:
No idea, so I googled. Interesting guy and was born in the same town as Janis Joplin and that ZZ Top guy or is it guys?

Sue Foley ROCKS, btw. Saw her perform a few times, amazing woman.

Clifford Antone---big time guy in getting music to Austin. Sad to see him go. His club was great!!!!

Forum List

Back