MSNBC Viewership takes a HUGE dive!!!

Well they kicked Melon Head Schultz to the 5pm weekend graveyard shift recently, probably running out the clock on the term of his contract. Could either pay him for doing nothing or put him on when nobody's watching and at least make him earn it before he too is tossed on their bone pile of failed hosts.

Be interesting to see who's next. Normally I'd just expect them to continue to march with their cast of loony lefties, but now that they're sinking below relevancy in the world of cable news they might finally do something just out of desperation.

Well enough about them for now. I'm off to see how many new threads on the demise of Fox, Rush, et al the clowns have probably started this morning.

After hooking their wagon to a crook like Obama MSNBC has lost all credibility.

Their job seems to be simply to distract everyone from the crimes of this administration. It's like one long infomercial for Obama, and nobody wants to watch that.

Anderson Cooper spent alot of time trying to discredit Michele Bachmann last night and I thought wow - they will do anything to avoid the real news. Just incredible. It's like watching Jerry Springer now - these news media outfits have no idea how damaging this is to their reputations and credibility to ignore real stories while pursuing false ones - because of their witchhunt on conservatives. It definitely isn't working for them. - J.

Last edited:
If we go by the RW rule of thumb....they are very frightened of MSNBC.

No dear. The unsuccessful are not frightening. It is the successful who scare those threatened by them. Thus Fox, the most visible television programming available, is constantly criticized, accused, maligned, and attacked by the left despite it having a small fraction of all the news market out there. It just gets a whole lot better ratings than any other cable news channel can muster.

MSNBC's ratings, however, are up and down day by day just like everybody elses. I can't see looking over the past months that they are doing much more badly than they have ever done badly. I mean, it isn't like a lot of their loyal liberal/Marxist/far left wing viewers have been converted or anythng. The group that has taken a HUGE hit is CNN that now pretty consistently lags a bit behind MSNBC.

Ratings for yesterday:

Total Day
FNC 1,356
CNN 326
MSNBC 354
CNBC 125
FBN 46
HLN 297

Primetime P2+ (000s)
FNC 2,290
CNN 442
MSNBC 685
CNBC 163
FBN 54
HLN 482
Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

You will notice that Fox viewership exceeds the total of all the other channels combined.

The three flagship shows for Fox continue to be O'Reilly and Hannity. The Five, an afternoon panel, is now often taking over the #1 rated show for Fox. All three leave in the distant dust the competition put up against them by all the other cable news channels.

Last edited:
This story doesn't actually have anything to do with politics, you morons.

NBC recorded its best May sweeps in 9 years this month.

More people tuned into the final episodes of their favorite prime-time shows in May after gluing themselves to cable news in April with the Boston story. When NBC spikes upwards, their sister cable news network tends to go down.

NBC Completes Best May Sweep in Nine Years as Network Finishes 0.1 Ratings Point Out of First - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD:eek:

Some amazing shit these hyperpartisan k00ks will come up with.:2up: Id imagine this stuff could resonate with the uninformed dumbasses......I'll say that.

^^^

and that's exactly what happens when you constantly lie, deceive and cover up for this Administration!

^^^

and that's exactly what happens when you constantly lie, deceive and cover up for this Administration!

yeah....but they never had any kind of significant viewership. The only people who tune in over there are real hard left nutters who live for that canned stuff. These days though, they dont even try to be objective at all and shovel total horseshit all day. That resonates......but only with the k00ks.

Watch this vid.....this is exactly the kind of limpwristed far left asshole nut that tunes into MSNBC every night.........

Wisconsin Voter Tells CNN: "Democracy Died Tonight" | RealClearPolitics

I always split my sides laughing when I see this guy......never gets old!!!:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Well they kicked Melon Head Schultz to the 5pm weekend graveyard shift recently, probably running out the clock on the term of his contract. Could either pay him for doing nothing or put him on when nobody's watching and at least make him earn it before he too is tossed on their bone pile of failed hosts.

Be interesting to see who's next. Normally I'd just expect them to continue to march with their cast of loony lefties, but now that they're sinking below relevancy in the world of cable news they might finally do something just out of desperation.

Well enough about them for now. I'm off to see how many new threads on the demise of Fox, Rush, et al the clowns have probably started this morning.

Big head Ed tried to make it seem like he got a promotion....
What a hack he is....

Big head Ed tried to make it seem like he got a promotion....
What a hack he is....

True, but a hack who knows his audience - small as it is - very well. They're the low to ultra-low information folks who swallow whatever fatboy tells them, and you can bet he's not telling them he's just another guy who made it to the Bigs only to find out he can't hit a major league curve ball, so buh-bye. Next!

The new guy should be fun to watch while he's there though. He looks like a teenage kid with bad taste in glasses, but I feel a scandal brewing and currently leaning towards "he's" really Maddow's kid sister. I dunno, just a feeling for some reason.

No dear. The unsuccessful are not frightening. It is the successful who scare those threatened by them. Thus Fox, the most visible television programming available, is constantly criticized, accused, maligned, and attacked by the left despite it having a small fraction of all the news market out there. It just gets a whole lot better ratings than any other cable news channel can muster.

MSNBC's ratings, however, are up and down day by day just like everybody elses. I can't see looking over the past months that they are doing much more badly than they have ever done badly. I mean, it isn't like a lot of their loyal liberal/Marxist/far left wing viewers have been converted or anythng. The group that has taken a HUGE hit is CNN that now pretty consistently lags a bit behind MSNBC.

Ratings for yesterday:

Total Day
FNC 1,356
CNN 326
MSNBC 354
CNBC 125
FBN 46
HLN 297

Primetime P2+ (000s)
FNC 2,290
CNN 442
MSNBC 685
CNBC 163
FBN 54
HLN 482

You will notice that Fox viewership exceeds the total of all the other channels combined.

The three flagship shows for Fox continue to be O'Reilly and Hannity. The Five, an afternoon panel, is now often taking over the #1 rated show for Fox. All three leave in the distant dust the competition put up against them by all the other cable news channels.

And both of those are due to the same reason: the design of "tabloid TV", fueled by fear. It's what sells. Has nothing to do with "liberal" viewers or "conservative" viewers approving or disapproving. That's not how TV works.

Foxy is correct: a single book doesn't make a trend, no more than the post-election Fox fails were a significant indicator (they weren't). So all this dissecting of who's up-who's down is still meaningless, unless of course you're an ad buyer.

Personally I think TV watching in general -- all channels, news or otherwise -- is in decline across the board. I'm surely not alone in having figured out that my dish wasn't giving me anything I couldn't get on the innerwebs and as a result, cancelling the dish. It's a moribund technology. Let's all wave buh-bye. :bye1: And good riddance.

Last edited:

Ratings for yesterday:

Total Day
FNC 1,356
CNN 326
MSNBC 354
CNBC 125
FBN 46
HLN 297

Primetime P2+ (000s)
FNC 2,290
CNN 442
MSNBC 685
CNBC 163
FBN 54
HLN 482

And both of those are due to the same reason: the design of "tabloid TV", fueled by fear. It's what sells. Has nothing to do with "liberal" viewers or "conservative" viewers approving or disapproving. That's not how TV works.

Foxy is correct: a single book doesn't make a trend, no more than the post-election Fox fails were a significant indicator (they weren't). So all this dissecting of who's up-who's down is still meaningless, unless of course you're an ad buyer.

Personally I think TV watching in general -- all channels, news or otherwise -- is in decline across the board. I'm surely not alone in having figured out that my dish wasn't giving me anything I couldn't get on the innerwebs and as a result, cancelling the dish. It's a moribund technology. Let's all wave buh-bye. :bye1: And good riddance.

As neither Hannity and certainly not O'Reilly are into any kind of fear mongering, I won't agree that is why they are successful. O'Reilly is successful because he is an interesting person and is 100% fair in his analysis and presentation and selection of guests. Hannity and The Five are successful because they are absolutely unafraid and unintimidated in taking on the most controversial or unpopular topics and giving them an airing. You simply don't find anything comparable anywhere on television.

And I enjoy television. I generally do a quick runthrough of all the cable news channels just to see what they are talking about on any given day. For televsiion viewing I watch Fox to know what the news of the day is because the leftwing media rarely carries it all. I listen to conservative talk radio and read Breitbart and Drudge every once in awhile for the same reason. I also faithfully read our local newspaper and at least glance over numerous on line publications.

I don't depend on ANY of these to inform me of all the facts. I depend on them to inform me of what facts I need to be aware of and what facts I need to research.

I also like Survivor, American Idol, and Master Chef, etc. so I don't want to give up TV. :)

Ratings for yesterday:

As neither Hannity and certainly not O'Reilly are into any kind of fear mongering....
352gegl.jpg
Now that was funny. It's the main ingredient on every show, hello....

Is it that you're so used to it you don't even notice it any more? Becomes part of the wallpaper?
Well that's why TV poisons the mind. It's a hypnosis machine designed to put the viewer in a suitable gape-mouthed trance so that it can inject ad images into that trance. The actual content is meaningless.

Walk into a room where people are watching TV and instead of joining their gaze, watch the watchers and the blank stares on their faces as the box pours its images in. It will tell you a lot.

Resolve to go a week, or even a day, with no TV at all. Walk away, read a book, write a poem, play an instrument, create something. Can you do it? Can you do it without feeling disrupted?
If not, you're addicted. And addiction is its goal. It's a brainwash machine. (<< read with Twilight Zone voice: "It's a cookbook!")

Last edited:

As neither Hannity and certainly not O'Reilly are into any kind of fear mongering....
352gegl.jpg

Is it that you're so used to it you don't even notice it any more? Becomes part of the wallpaper?
Well that's why TV poisons the mind. It's a hypnosis machine designed to put the viewer in a suitable gape-mouthed trance so that it can inject ad images into that trance. The actual content is meaningless.

Walk into a room where people are watching TV and instead of joining their gaze, watch the watchers and the blank stares on their faces as the box pours its images in. It will tell you a lot.

Resolve to go a week, or even a day, with no TV at all. Walk away, read a book, write a poem, play an instrument, create something. Can you do it? Can you do it without feeling disrupted?
If not, you're addicted. And addiction is its goal. It's a brainwash machine. (<< read with Twilight Zone voice: "It's a cookbook!")

I have spent numerous weeks with no TV at all. I write lots of poetry and read at least a book a week, and I am a great music lover that has become sufficiently proficient on several musical instruments to enjoy playing them as well as enjoying gardening, bird watching, playing games, puzzles, viewing and producing artistic projects, and am a great movie buff. I didn't feel the least bit disrupted without television or newspapers for a week. I was surprised at all the events that happened in my absence that I knew absoloutely nothing about when I returned however.

I am also a former member of the media, a current dedicated media watcher, and I am pretty secure in knowing what is fear mongering and what is not. The President standing up to tell us the dire consequences of sequestration or that the economy is going down the tubes if Congress fails to do this or that--THAT is fear mongering. Reporting the facts and consequences of the news of the day and providing analysis for it is not.

352gegl.jpg

I have spent numerous weeks with no TV at all. I write lots of poetry and read at least a book a week, and I am a great music lover that has become sufficiently proficient on several musical instruments to enjoy playing them as well as enjoying gardening, bird watching, playing games, puzzles, viewing and producing artistic projects, and am a great movie buff. I didn't feel the least bit disrupted without television or newspapers for a week. I was surprised at all the events that happened in my absence that I knew absoloutely nothing about when I returned however.

I am also a former member of the media, a current dedicated media watcher, and I am pretty secure in knowing what is fear mongering and what is not. The President standing up to tell us the dire consequences of sequestration or that the economy is going down the tubes if Congress fails to do this or that--THAT is fear mongering. Reporting the facts and consequences of the news of the day and providing analysis for it is not.

Ah, but the decision on what that "news of the day" is-- there's the rub.

I don't fancy taking the time to look up the obvious right now but an example out of my head looking over the last, say, five years, here's a list of stories Fox Noise played up way beyond their due:

Jeremiah Wright
"New Black Panthers"
Van Jones
Shirley Sherrod
Henry Louis Gates
ACORN

-- notice any common thread there?

Another example would be the endless chyrons:

ahmad-fox.jpg

fox-chyron-iran-blog.jpg

ahmad-fox.jpg

slide_6687_88995_large_fullsize_fullsize.jpg

25597.jpg

20110610-bollingcommon.jpg

fox.jpg

That ain't journalism, that's flat-out fearmongering for the purpose of selling eyeballs. If that's not blatantly obvious, you've been successfully desensitized.

Forum List

Back