MSNBC Busted For Fake News Claiming NK Has Had Capability To Strike Guam For Years

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
FACT CHECK: MSNBC Host Claims North Korea Has Been Able To Strike Guam For Years

"Amid North Korea’s threats toward the U.S. territory of Guam and reports that the rogue nation can now produce miniaturized nuclear warheads, MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell claimed Tuesday that North Korea has been able to strike Guam for years.

Verdict: False

North Korean missiles did not pose a credible threat to Guam until 2017, and the flight-testing of missiles that could reach the island did not begin until 2016.

For Mitchell to be correct, the Musudan needed the ability to strike Guam years before the introduction of the Hwasong-12."

I remember the good ol' days when reporters and Editors use to fact check the work before throwing it out as fact....

One host went as far as siding with Kim over Trump, that's how Anti-American some of them have become.

One host went as far as siding with Kim over Trump, that's how Anti-American some of them have become.

America sold North Korea nuclear reactors a mere 2 years before placing them on an “axis of evil” (a CIA coined term) list. Sold from a company Rumsfeld has once sat on the board of directors of. Utterly bipartisan deal initiated under Clinton and wrapped up under Bush. And Bush ponied up US taxpayer funding to assist in closing the deal. You helped pay for them you un-American dumbass fool.

Where did MSNBC make such a claim? I see the claim noted in an Andrea Mitchell tweet. I do not see it among the content on MSNBC's website thereby making it a claim for which the network has any responsibility.

Andrea Mitchell can tweet whatever she wants. When Andrea Mitchell is filing/airing a report on MSNBC, MSNBC's editors have the burden of fact checking it.

The overwhelming majority of individuals perform their work as agents of their employer. A vastly smaller group of individuals are publicly inseparable from their work; those individuals are elected office holders. Why? Because a significant share of why they won their elections is based on them as individuals.

What a pitiful representation of fake news. A twit from a reporter. Doesn't come close to the whoppers Fox serves up. Take Benghazi for example. How many phony stories did they shove so far down the Rubes throats that they still believe (or at least parrot) today?

FACT CHECK: MSNBC Host Claims North Korea Has Been Able To Strike Guam For Years

"Amid North Korea’s threats toward the U.S. territory of Guam and reports that the rogue nation can now produce miniaturized nuclear warheads, MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell claimed Tuesday that North Korea has been able to strike Guam for years.

Verdict: False

North Korean missiles did not pose a credible threat to Guam until 2017, and the flight-testing of missiles that could reach the island did not begin until 2016.

For Mitchell to be correct, the Musudan needed the ability to strike Guam years before the introduction of the Hwasong-12."

I remember the good ol' days when reporters and Editors use to fact check the work before throwing it out as fact....

Oh for christ's sake, it's a tweet from Andrea Mitchell, not a major statement made by MSNBC. Grow the fuck up.

Where did MSNBC make such a claim? I see the claim noted in an Andrea Mitchell tweet. I do not see it among the content on MSNBC's website thereby making it a claim for which the network has any responsibility.

Andrea Mitchell can tweet whatever she wants. When Andrea Mitchell is filing/airing a report on MSNBC, MSNBC's editors have the burden of fact checking it.

The overwhelming majority of individuals perform their work as agents of their employer. A vastly smaller group of individuals are publicly inseparable from their work; those individuals are elected office holders. Why? Because a significant share of why they won their elections is based on them as individuals.

O/P knows that his fellow rightwing idiots here won't bother to actually go to his link and read.

O/P knows that his fellow rightwing idiots here won't bother to actually go to his link and read.

Oh....Perhaps he was writing for them, then?

I'm not a self-declared "right wing idiot" (or self-declared idiot of any sort), so I sure enough was going to read the article and its linked content before I had something to say publicly about the matter. I have this "thing." I don't care to remark in public on matters and situations about which I know little or nothing. That's me...maybe people think I'm nuts for having that as part of my discursive approach to things, but have it I do.

Forum List

Back