Motorcycle Asthetics

I had a Kaw Mach 3 (500 triple) that had been converted to a cafe racer. It was frighteningly fast...get past 3500 RPM and it was just controllable. It got less than 20mpg, perhaps because of the way I rode it.

I am 71 y.o. now, and cannot ride a "conventional" bike for more than half hour or so; I need forward controls and highway bars. I was lucky enough to find a Goldwing that has highway pegs mounted in a position that is perfect for me.

My '04 Wing still looks like new, even with 92k miles on it.

A perfect classic standard...

2008-Harley-Davidson-Sportster-XL1200RRoadstera.jpg
That’s nice. This is better.
2021-BMW-R-nineT-lineup-First-look-Pure-GS-Scrambler-retro-motorcycles-9.jpg
Not really.

As most here already know this is one of my favorites. :thup:

2000000010.jpg

Thought about one many times. I like the olive drab. Had a buddy ran BMW's (I've had 3) and sidecars. He married a wife with a 3,4,5 YO daughters. Had no car. 3 kids in the sidecar, wife on back. I asked him once what it was like with a sidecar on? He said "ever drive a VW beetle with a wrecked front end?" He could. He would spin circles with the front end up in intersections to freak out the natives.

Took me a while to find the motorcycle. Old BSA? Shooting star or Victor?
You know more than I on this.I thought early Triumph, but never have owned a brit bike I can't tell. I used to ride my bud's 73 tiger. That's where I learned how to tickle a carb lol

I thought Trumpet too but that single looks BSA. I rode many of them.
I couldn't tell if it was one lung or two. Saw this a few years back:
Screenshot_20201220-093845_Facebook.jpg

Forum List

Back