Mother demands answers after Kitchener teen waits 19 hours in ER to treat appendicitis

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Police states don't do healthcare very well.

Prepare for the rush at your northern border, the collapse seems to be imminent here in Ontario.

After 19 hours waiting in two separate hospital emergency rooms in Kitchener, Ont., to get care for her teenaged daughter suffering from appendicitis, Julia Malott is angry.

"I think that any parent would understand that feeling of wanting to make something better for your child and not being able to," Malott told CBC News.

"This felt so backwards because the resources were right there but we couldn't get to them. We couldn't do what needed to be done."

The harrowing journey started around 10 p.m. on Sunday, after Angelina couldn't shake a stomach pain that had arisen during the day.

Mother and daughter went to the emergency department at St. Mary's General but Malott said it took 12 hours for them to receive a diagnosis confirming that the pain Angelina was feeling was due to appendicitis.

They were told there weren't surgery beds available at St. Mary's, so doctors sent Angelina to Grand River Hospital, where they waited for more than four hours before getting an emergency appendectomy — 19 hours from the time they first stepped into a hospital.

"It's crazy to me that a system that's meant to care for Ontarians can't even provide a mattress, can't even provide a room with dimmed lights so that people who are sick, people who are ill, trying to get better can just rest," Malott said.

You'll have that in a jurisdiction which offers free services at hospitals. The girl had to wait for those ahead of her who were having their dicks amputated so they could become "women" or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Behind the times. Los Angeles had progressed to better than that years ago.

You'll have that in a jurisdiction which offers free services at hospitals. The girl had to wait for those ahead of her who were having their dicks amputated so they could become "women" or a reasonable facsimile thereof.
And don’t forget the illegals ahead of her giving birth to their anchor babies.

The CA emergency rooms are basically Doctors on Duty for illegal border jumpers and gang banging Black shootout victims rushed in daily. No one is refused service.

"It's crazy to me that a system that's meant to care for Ontarians can't even provide a mattress, can't even provide a room with dimmed lights so that people who are sick, people who are ill, trying to get better can just rest," Malott said.
(1) I join other members (and guests) in expressing the deepest sympathy to the young lady and her family.

(2) Here in the States, we have been told how wonderful the healthcare system is in Canada.

(3) In recent years, however, we have been hearing about a lot of disturbing stories about the healthcare system in Canada -- and in England, which once had a sterling reputation that amazed Americans.

(4) I think that in this country, if her mother had called 911, her daughter would have been immediately taken to the nearest emergency room, where she would have been given priority because of the seriousness of her complaint.

(1) I join other members (and guests) in expressing the deepest sympathy to the young lady and her family.

(2) Here in the States, we have been told how wonderful the healthcare system is in Canada.

(3) In recent years, however, we have been hearing about a lot of disturbing stories about the healthcare system in Canada -- and in England, which once had a sterling reputation that amazed Americans.

(4) I think that in this country, if her mother had called 911, her daughter would have been immediately taken to the nearest emergency room, where she would have been given priority because of the seriousness of her complaint.
deepest sympathy!

Blame Obamacare and other liberal policies that have dramatically increased burdens on ERs.

For the first several years of her career, my daughter worked in the ER at Indianapolis's main trauma center. Every single night, particularly weekend nights they are inundated in drug addicts, alcoholics, gun shot victims and "frequent flyers" as they call them - homeless people wandering in, hoping for free drugs and a place to sleep for a few hours that takes up staff time.
This is a huge problem in all urban ERs

I took my dad to emergency two times, the first time we waited 7 hours, the second time 9.

I think healthcare in my province is overwhelmed because there are too many people with needs. The government really should stop letting so many immigrants in every year.

Forum List

Back