Most, Least Reliable Cars

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Lexus is best, Mini is worst
By John Johnson, Newser Staff, Posted Feb 12, 2014

Top five: Lexus, with 68 problems per 100 vehicles; Mercedes-Benz (104); Cadillac (107); Acura (109); Buick (112); Honda, Lincoln, and Toyota (tied at 114).

Bottom five: Mini (185); Dodge (181); Land Rover (179); Jeep (178); and Hyundai (169)

Well, my Nissan XTerra isn't there. But see full list @ http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ependability-crown-gm-scores-2-spots-in-top-5 with annoying popup.

While this information is interesting, I have always thought that it promotes a false message.

The choice of a car is based on a dozen different things, most of which are purely a matter of taste. Even things like comfort and performance, while they can be measured to some extent, are largely a matter of choice.

For example, if you have ever driven a car with the old Chrysler 3.5L V6, you know that that engine is fun to drive, even if the 0-60 times of cars with it were never anything to write home about. I rode to work as a passenger in a rented Malibu this morning. I though the seats were quite comfortable and supporting. But the driver said that he took it on a trip yesterday and his passenger never stopped complaining about it.

It would be a stupid thing to choose a car merely because it has fewer defects than another comparable model. What difference does it make to YOU if one car experienced 90 defects per hundred cars and another one experienced 110? It is meaningless.

Buy the car you like, after experiencing as many as you can. If you really can't decide between two, then look at JDPowers info.

Interesting. Lexus is a luxury car made by Toyota. I haven't seen the new Avalons but I liked the older one better than the Lexus.

If you liked the old Avalons you will soil yourself when you see the new ones.

But the competition in that segment is much better now than it was 5 years ago. On paper, the Genesis looks superior, as does the new Impala.

Forum List

Back