Zone1 Moses, Exodus Route from Egypt, Red Sea Crossing, Mt. Sinai Location in Arabia, Ten Commandments

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Watched this video tonight and found it very interesting. It does appears that they have found the true sites of the Exodus.

The original Hebrew texts has Moses parting the "reed sea". It's a large marshy estuary at the northern end of the Red Sea. It's a typo from the First English translation. Everyone apparently thought parting the red sea was way more impressive than draining a marsh and just kept it.

The original Hebrew texts has Moses parting the "reed sea". It's a large marshy estuary at the northern end of the Red Sea. It's a typo from the First English translation. Everyone apparently thought parting the red sea was way more impressive than draining a marsh and just kept it.
Show your evidence.

According to Biblehub for Exodus 13:18 "Red" is the correct translation for sup. However, if you click on 5488, it does show that suph means reed.
5488 [e]
sūp̄;
ס֑וּף
Red
N‑ms

However, this does not say that both locations were not known as the reed or red sea. Was the entire reed or red sea the name of the Red Sea in its entirety? Perhaps since this is a Hebrew word, could it be that the origin of the word came from the Hebrews who lived in Egypt and who saw it mainly in that location and condition from where they lived?

Last edited:
Great production.

I have a little problem with the presence of the inscriptions of the minora, however.

iu

Here we see that Egypt borders a large portion of the Red Sea. Israel also borders it on the bottom tip of the country. The question then is whether it was named for its Northern Egyptian area. If the entirety of the sea was named the same, then one would need to prove that the location crossed by Moses and company was at the Northern Egyptian end or whether it could have been at another location on the Red Sea and that the entirety of the sea was not known as the Red (reed) Sea. I personally doubt the Egyptians drowned in a marsh. I think the abundance of evidence in the video still has my vote.

Last edited:
According to Biblehub for Exodus 13:18 "Red" is the correct translation for sup. However, if you click on 5488, it does show that suph means reed.
5488 [e]
sūp̄;
ס֑וּף
Red
N‑ms

However, this does not say that both locations were not known as the reed or red sea. Was the entire reed or red sea the name of the Red Sea in its entirety? Perhaps since this is a Hebrew word, could it be that the origin of the word came from the Hebrews who lived in Egypt and who saw it mainly in that location and condition from where they lived?
The Hebrew word is soof rhyming with goof. It means reed. Nothing to do with red (adom). It clearly isn't a correct translation, no matter what biblehub claims.

The Hebrew word is soof rhyming with goof. It means reed. Nothing to do with red (adom). It clearly isn't a correct translation, no matter what biblehub claims.
That whole 'arm' of the Red Sea was called the 'reed sea'.

The more I look at Biblehub it shows the translations as "Red" but the root of the word is "reeds or rushes". So my next question is, "Was the whole red sea called the reed sea?". Trying to determine if OCCUPIED has any evidence to show that the name even matters as to where Moses crossed the Red Sea. If the entire thing was still named the reed sea, then the name would not matter even if they did cross at the location stated in the video.

In modern times the two arms at the top of the Red Sea have the names, "Gulf of Suez" an "Gulf of Aqaba".

iu

Evidently, according to Wikipedia, the Gulf of Aqaba was named "Yam Suph" or the reed sea or sea of reeds in 1 Kings 9:26. If this be correct, then that is a plus for the videos interpretation.

Forum List

Back