Moscow Trade Falls as Sanctions Bite, Supply Chain Problems Hit Home

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
Moscow biggest export has been its citizens :icon_lol: 󠁧󠁢

With cost of “black gold” at 15-23 dollars per barrel, the USSR economy collapsed, and the sovok itself collapsed, and the "golden" horde ("russia") budget can only be fulfilled only with oil price at $ 42.4 and higher

BjElmy6IIAAEwPV.jpg

With cost of “black gold” at 15-23 dollars per barrel, the USSR economy collapsed, and the sovok itself collapsed, and the "golden" horde ("russia") budget can only be fulfilled only with oil price at $ 42.4 and higher
I don't know where you get that oil price Lit.

Most oil is about $95/bbl. right now. For Russia, Urals crude is selling for about $75, ESPO and SOKOL are in the $85 range.

Sanctions are biting though. Sukhoi will only deliver 10 Superjets to Russian airlines this year instead of 19. They finished out the frames they had the parts for, and that's all they can build.

Most oil is about $95/bbl. right now. For Russia, Urals crude is selling for about $75, ESPO and SOKOL are in the $85 range.

Sanctions are biting though. Sukhoi will only deliver 10 Superjets to Russian airlines this year instead of 19. They finished out the frames they had the parts for, and that's all they can build.
But I've read Russia is offering a 30% discount on oil exports, so the real price Russia receives is quite a bit lower than the market price.

But I've read Russia is offering a 30% discount on oil exports, so the real price Russia receives is quite a bit lower than the market price.
To China and India at least, yes. $60 is still a lot more than $23, and not a level that is cost-prohibitive for Russia.

Iran also discounts oil to China, and recently dropped their price another 10% because they were being squeezed out.

China and India are both in an oil glut- more crude than they can refine or use domestically, and they are trying to sell it on without incurring their own sanctions.

For Russia, it means there is very limited opportunity to increase exports. A large part of the Western Siberia oil and gas is just trapped there.

GREAT ! +

Forum List

Back