Zone1 Mormon Church Sells its Soul, Endorses Lyingly-Named Respect for Marriage Law

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022
The Mormon church will endorse the deceptively-named "Respect for Marriage Act" put up by the Democrats. The law basically endorses gay marriage, and now so has the Mormon Church. Once again, man-made religions fold to the latest fad and change their 'core' principles to suit the leftwing agenda. Notice the left's communist benefactor, Red China, has not budged an inch on its barring of gay marriage. This war on families is strictly for western consumption. The Chicoms know this garbage damages the traditional family unit, and with it, American stability.

I'm just all the more thankful for my Catholic Church, which vehemently opposes this fraud, packaged to look like it's defending traditional marriage. First, mainstream protestants, and now the Mormon Church has sold its soul in order to 'get along' with the PC leftist culture. Big mistake. They'll soon find their numbers going down, down.

The Mormon church will endorse the deceptively-named "Respect for Marriage Act" put up by the Democrats. The law basically endorses gay marriage, and now so has the Mormon Church. Once again, man-made religions fold to the latest fad and change their 'core' principles to suit the leftwing agenda. Notice the left's communist benefactor, Red China, has not budged an inch on its barring of gay marriage. This war on families is strictly for western consumption. The Chicoms know this garbage damages the traditional family unit, and with it, American stability.

I'm just all the more thankful for my Catholic Church, which vehemently opposes this fraud, packaged to look like it's defending traditional marriage. First, mainstream protestants, and now the Mormon Church has sold its soul in order to 'get along' with the PC leftist culture. Big mistake. They'll soon find their numbers going down, down.

Please explain, EXACTLY how the same sex couple down the street or in the next town-who are just living their live s, raising a family, going to workm paying taxes and doing all the same things as everyone else- damages traditional families. Bullet points would be appreciated

Please explain, EXACTLY how the same sex couple down the street or in the next town-who are just living their live s, raising a family, going to workm paying taxes and doing all the same things as everyone else- damages traditional families. Bullet points would be appreciated
1. Any immoral act affects, weakens, damages ALL of society.
2. Gay sex is the biggest purveyor of HIV.
3. Billions in tax dollars and a burden on our medical system has been caused by easily-preventable AIDs.
4. Gay marriages are less stable than hetero marriages. Those with children are much less stable, and lesbian 'marriages' are much less stable.

So there you go.

How does having parents of the same sex benefit children? How does having a same sex relationship benefit the participants?

Please explain, EXACTLY how...........damages traditional families
How does ANYTHING damage anyone who is not involved? The most horrible atrocities could be happening--unknown--down the street without affecting anyone else not involved. The question should be how is it affecting those involved?

If something doesn't hurt us specifically, then we should not have a voice? For example, if I wasn't the one murdered then that murder did not affect me, so I should shut up and have no say because it happened down the street? My own life would go on as always, so just shut up?

3. Billions in tax dollars and a burden on our medical system has been caused by easily-preventable AIDs.
4. Gay marriages are less stable than hetero marriages. Those with children are much less stable, and lesbian 'marriages' are much less stable.

So there you go.
You are expressing an opinion that it is immoral. That does not make it so and in fact for many people regardless of sexual orientation, it is not ommoral. Damage to society? EXACTLY how? Follow the links below

But married gay men have fewer instances of HIV

Yes, mostly because for decades, gay men have been marginalized and deamonize, and forced to exist in the shadows. Relationships were relegated to bath housed and dark theaters. It was difficult or impossible for them to have stable, on going relationships that were out in the open, so they were forced to have anonymous sex with multiple partners

Hogwash! Plain and simple

States that have allowed same sex unions actually have lower divorce rates in every population demographic than states that have banned the practice.

Take Massachusetts as an example. This state was the first to allow same sex marriages and it is also the state that has the lowest overall divorce rate. It isn’t a small difference in the divorce rates either. Compared to states that have banned same sex marriage, states that allow the practice have a 20% lower divorce rate.

So there YOU go

How does ANYTHING damage anyone who is not involved? The most horrible atrocities could be happening--unknown--down the street without affecting anyone else not involved. The question should be how is it affecting those involved?

If something doesn't hurt us specifically, then we should not have a voice? For example, if I wasn't the one murdered then that murder did not affect me, so I should shut up and have no say because it happened down the street? My own life would go on as always, so just shut up?
What are you talking about? What atrocities? Murder? Seriously? Gay marriage is not an atrocity and it is not murder and no, it has no negative impact on society. We have had gay marriage for a while now. What EXACTLY has changed for the worse.?

How does having parents of the same sex benefit children? How does having a same sex relationship benefit the participants?
The question should be...how does having parents of the same sex harm children or harm the participants.? It does not. Families, regardless of the respective gender of the adults are the bedrock of society. That is actually something that conservatives and liberals agree on, although that does not stop certain people from accusing us of wanting to destroy the family. And it is well documented that children do best with two parents in a stable marriage -again-regardless of gender

What are you talking about? What atrocities? Murder? Seriously? Gay marriage is not an atrocity and it is not murder and no, it has no negative impact on society. We have had gay marriage for a while now. What EXACTLY has changed for the worse.?
What, specifically, has changed for the better?

To me all the law does is enforce full faith and credit on issued Marriage licenses, which is what I wanted Obergfell to do in the first place.

The religious protection aspects need to be increased to include anyone, not just clergy.

What, specifically, has changed for the better?
Gay people have been elevated to full participants in society and no longer relegated to the margins. The institution of marriage has been strengthened in that it is now more inclusive with a broader base. We as a society are better having shed some of the ugly and shameful discriminatory practices of the past. It has been said that no one is free unless we are all free and we are one step closer to being free. When you devote energy to keeping other down....YOU are not free

Having said that, I will add. In our system of law and justice, when a government seeks to restrict rights, the appropriate question is not “how it will granting those rights benefit society or any individual? The question is, what is the compelling government interest in withholding those rights? The states that sought to ban gay marriage came up woefully short in trying to answer that . To put it a little differently, those seeking rights do not have to prove that they deserve those rights or that there will be a benefit to anyone. The burden of proof is on those seeking to restrict or deny those rights. The burden on societ or other individualby granting a right must be shown to be substanrial.

I am interested in the answer to the question I presented. How does gay marriage benefit children, parents, and society?
More children have two legal parents and enjoy the security, financial benefits, legal protections and social status that goes with marriage. Having larger numbers of stable families with chidren who fell secure and protected benefits everyone in the long run

well, the novus ordo branch of the Catholic Church can hardly judge the Mormons.. or ANYONE.

They are both heretical (even though there are some priests who are truly Catholic.. just few & far btwn in my opinion)

Children being raised in a homo home is just child abuse and very dangerous for them both physically and mentally..
it seems gays are more into sex than heteros

and you wonder if they molest the children they adopt.. (or are raising from some prior herero relationship)

Good for the Mormon Church.

Forum List

Back