More Wealth Transfer

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas

What Happens When the 1% Go Remote

It doesn’t take very many ultra-wealthy Americans changing their address to wreak havoc on cities’ finances.

Some residents of pricey cities like New York, L.A. and San Francisco might say good riddance to the uber-rich whom they blame for growing unaffordability and inequality in their cities. But their cities will pay a literal price for their departures. It doesn’t take very many one-percenters changing their address to wreak havoc on cities’ finances.

Unintended consequences rearing its ugly head, again. <<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION

• Banned
Raise the minimum wage and solve simple poverty on an at-will basis to generate more tax revenue.
If an omnipotent can determine a minimum wage- it can also determine a maximum wage- not to mention, higher wages demand higher consumer prices for support- vicious circles are named that for a reason.

Raise the minimum wage and solve simple poverty on an at-will basis to generate more tax revenue.
If an omnipotent can determine a minimum wage- it can also determine a maximum wage- not to mention, higher wages demand higher consumer prices for support- vicious circles are named that for a reason.
Your projection not my argument. There is no theoretical upward limit to markets under our form of Capitalism.

It doesn’t take very many ultra-wealthy Americans changing their address to wreak havoc on cities’ finances.

Some residents of pricey cities like New York, L.A. and San Francisco might say good riddance to the uber-rich whom they blame for growing unaffordability and inequality in their cities. But their cities will pay a literal price for their departures. It doesn’t take very many one-percenters changing their address to wreak havoc on cities’ finances.

Unintended consequences rearing its ugly head, again.
<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
Pure economics. Price of living there is not worth the perceived benefit. Only a matter of time on escalating prices without benefit that your market wants, until you price yourself out of the market.

The intimate relationship of capitalism to the schizophrenic process is that it constantly sets, then repels, its own limits.

<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
Pure economics. Price of living there is not worth the perceived benefit. Only a matter of time on escalating prices without benefit that your market wants, until you price yourself out of the market.
Are you on the right wing? Only right wingers appeal to ignorance of economics and market based arbitrage under our form of Capitalism. Housing prices should fall with less demand until a new equilibrium is achieved.

<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
Are you on the right wing? Only right wingers appeal to ignorance of economics and market based arbitrage under our form of Capitalism. Housing prices should fall with less demand until a new equilibrium is achieved.
Made A's in Econ in college and have been in sales, sales support, purchasing and Mgt, since my military days. It is my opinion and is supported by academics at the University I attended. I do not view know this as right wing or left wing. It is just truth.

<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
Made A's in Econ in college and have been in sales, sales support, purchasing and Mgt, since my military days. It is my opinion and is supported by academics at the University I attended. I do not view know this as right wing or left wing. It is just truth.
Ok. What would prevent normal market based arbitrage in any given market until a new equilibrium is achieved?

<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
Ok. What would prevent normal market based arbitrage in any given market until a new equilibrium is achieved?
The choice of the buyers to quit that market in favor of simply going to a much less expensive market where they can have what they want at what is perceived as a fair price. People will act in what they perceive as their own interests. Buyers switch supplier all the time. It is often not a negotiation. Once gone, much harder to get back. Better business in the long run to control pricing with this in mind.

<<<<<<<<<<MY OPINION
The choice of the buyers to quit that market in favor of simply going to a much less expensive market where they can have what they want at what is perceived as a fair price. People will act in what they perceive as their own interests. Buyers switch supplier all the time. It is often not a negotiation. Once gone, much harder to get back. Better business in the long run to control pricing with this in mind.
Market based arbitrage must happen under Capitalism.

Forum List

Back