What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Than 80 Prosecutors In States That Ban Abortion Say They Will Not Enforce Law

skews13

Diamond Member
Reaction score
District attorneys in more than 10 states where abortion is now banned or likely will be soon have committed to not prosecute people for obtaining abortions, following the Supreme Court’s Friday decision.
“Not all of us agree on a personal or moral level on the issue of abortion. But we stand together in our firm belief that prosecutors have a responsibility to refrain from using limited criminal legal system resources to criminalize personal medical decisions,” their statement says. “As such, we decline to use our offices’ resources to criminalize reproductive health decisions and commit to exercise our well settled discretion and refrain from prosecuting those who seek, provide, or support abortions.”

What happens when you throw a lynching party in a red state, and nobody comes?

Esdraelon

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same thing that would happen if guns were made totally illegal if prosecutors publicly stated they wouldn't prosecute gun owners. The state would fire the prosecutors and enforce the law.

ETA: By the way, if there are no abortion providers, how, exactly, would these procedures occur?

Last edited:

Donald H

Gold Member
Reaction score
District attorneys in more than 10 states where abortion is now banned or likely will be soon have committed to not prosecute people for obtaining abortions, following the Supreme Court’s Friday decision.
“Not all of us agree on a personal or moral level on the issue of abortion. But we stand together in our firm belief that prosecutors have a responsibility to refrain from using limited criminal legal system resources to criminalize personal medical decisions,” their statement says. “As such, we decline to use our offices’ resources to criminalize reproductive health decisions and commit to exercise our well settled discretion and refrain from prosecuting those who seek, provide, or support abortions.”

This again is an indication that so many Americans are attempting to apologize for the ridiculously extreme measures of the Christian right to completely outlaw abortions.

It could never work and it would have only led to another increase is violence!

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Curried Goats

Gold Member
Reaction score
insurrection....fire them

The same thing that would happen if guns were made totally illegal if prosecutors publicly stated they wouldn't prosecute gun owners. The state would fire the prosecutors and enforce the law.

I was going to say tar and feather, but o.k.

I guess I would be satisfied with this compromise
Hey cucks, these folks are elected. They don't work for your cosplay, fantasy company. 😄

Esdraelon

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Christian right to completely outlaw abortions.
Strawman... trust me, there aren't enough "Christian Right" voters to make that happen even if it would be the right thing to do. Any politician that tries to create a universal ban would KNOW they were flirting with civil war. I'd hope that the same would be true for any on the Left who'd think they could universally ban guns.

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good luck with recalling DAs who want to protect abortions in Blue cities. I wish you the best of luck. 😁
Since it Red states that have banned it I would guess thats where most of these are might be easier than you think

Esdraelon

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with recalling DAs who want to protect abortions in Blue cities. I wish you the best of luck. 😁
Pssst... no one is going to be trying to stop this abomination in blue cities. The Roe decision had nothing to do with that. Carry on being as evil as you want to be.

Toffeenut Baconsmuggler

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Then they are breaking the laws they are supposed to uphold.

Fire them and cancel out ALL of their benefits and pensions.

Curried Goats

Gold Member
Reaction score
Since it Red states that have banned it I would guess thats where most of these are might be easier than you think
These people are elected County wide not State wide and when you have a big enough Blue city that takes up the majority if not all of the county then you're just shit out of luck. 😄

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL. I don't get too worked up about this because most of women getting abortions are aborting future criminals and welfare moochers. I do like seeing Dems sky scream though.
I understand what you are saying, but kids should not be executed for the crimes of their parents.

Curried Goats

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pssst... no one is going to be trying to stop this abomination in blue cities. The Roe decision had nothing to do with that. Carry on being as evil as you want to be.
Is this some white conspiracy? Do you think this will turn back your demographic decline or something? 😄

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List